over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best way to cook potatoes in advance..I need help

Big D 51

Registered
I like to cook enough potatoes for 4 days.

I have tried two ways lately without success:

1. Baking. The problem is that once I start cutting up the potato to get the correct weight, the slices will burn first resulting in them not being eatable. I understand they cook faster because they are thin but I am not going to watch it close enough to take out certain pieces as they finish. Also, the potato that gets the end cut off burns as well.

2. Cooking on the grill in aluminum foil. I tried this today but all the pieces burnt that were touching the aluminum foil. This messes me up because I am not going to eat the burnt pieces.

I guess I just can cook a bunch of potatoes and measure after cooked. The problem here is knowing how many to cook. I guess trail and error.

How do you cook your potatoes in advance?

I always Steam my Sweet Potato in advanced and I love eating them cold.
Taste nicer than Steam white potato though. I do enough for 2-3 days to keep them fresh.

I boil my sweet potatoes and mash them...

I like the boiling idea but its still a pain in the ass. Say I need 4 servings of 12oz uncooked. That means I would have to cook each serving seperatly so I will know I have the correct weight.

Maybe I am over thinking this but I can't figure it out a simple process. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Potatoes takes too long to cook to be cooking each serving at at time.

Sorry for this but I need help :banghead:

Sweet Potato does not take long to cook. Just cut them bite size piece and they cooked quicker. Dieting is a pain in the arse but diet is what makes the body!

if u dont like grilling, baking, or boiling... only choice left if to eat them raw.

or try mashed potatoe powder?

How much difference is 12 oz of raw ptoato compaired to cooked? I doubt it is much.

Anyway, i cook my potatoes by wrapping them in cling wrap and nuking them. they get more steamed than baked and stay moister. But if I want ptoatoes to last 4 days, I mash cook sweet patatoes and mash them.

How much difference is 12 oz of raw ptoato compaired to cooked? I doubt it is much.

Anyway, i cook my potatoes by wrapping them in cling wrap and nuking them. they get more steamed than baked and stay moister. But if I want ptoatoes to last 4 days, I mash cook sweet patatoes and mash them.

you put anything on them???

you put anything on them???
Salt on my white potatoes (I actually have to ad sodium to my diet since I don't get enough due to eating no processed foods)

Cinimmon, splenda and walnuts in my sweet potatoes.....yum yum

I answered you, so do we get to have sex now? :D

After reading everyones post, I am going to give boiling a try and then mash them. This seems like a great way to get them soft because baking them has been making them hard. After cooking, I will weight out my 12oz. I will weigh before cooking to experiment to see how many potatoes I will need. Based upon left overs after making my 4 servings, I will adjust to hopefully cut down on waste.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. I would be lost without the forums.

Tenny feel free to reply to amizons question in my thread ;)

EDIT: lol shoulda read the above post, that's exactly what I typed out!

I like the boiling idea but its still a pain in the ass. Say I need 4 servings of 12oz uncooked. That means I would have to cook each serving seperatly so I will know I have the correct weight.

Maybe I am over thinking this but I can't figure it out a simple process. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Potatoes takes too long to cook to be cooking each serving at at time.

Sorry for this but I need help :banghead:

I cook them in large batches and then weigh the cooked potatoes and break into portions...i.e. if my raw weight was 4lbs and I want 4 meals out of that, If the cooked weight is 3lbs, then each portion is 3/4lb...make sense?

I cook them in large batches and then weigh the cooked potatoes and break into portions...i.e. if my raw weight was 4lbs and I want 4 meals out of that, If the cooked weight is 3lbs, then each portion is 3/4lb...make sense?

Makes total sense. Good idea. Thank you for coming back to the thread and posting that idea. Seems like that would be the rest route other than doing the trail and error that I was fixing to do to find out how much I need to cook.

:headbang:

Salt on my white potatoes (I actually have to ad sodium to my diet since I don't get enough due to eating no processed foods)

Cinimmon, splenda and walnuts in my sweet potatoes.....yum yum

I answered you, so do we get to have sex now? :D

:eek:

OHHHH

:D

Makes total sense. Good idea. Thank you for coming back to the thread and posting that idea. Seems like that would be the rest route other than doing the trail and error that I was fixing to do to find out how much I need to cook.

:headbang:

No problem. The nice thing about boiling and mashing sweet potatoes is that it almost tastes like a treat...I just got done eating a big bowl full along with 3/4lb ground turkey...yum.

i cook enough sweet potatos for 3 days,i just bake several of them and keep in fridge,when i buy i get the ones that are right around 200 grams instead of buying the large ones and having to cut.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Update: In the previous years, I have always baked. There for a while, I was nuking them in the microwave. The problem with the microwave is that I wasn't able to weight my meals in advance because the potatoes would dry out sitting in the refrigerator (from cutting them up to get specific weight) so I was having to weigh them each morning. I stay busy so time is valuable. Baking was ok but it always seem to take over an hour. Plus, sometimes they would come out hard.

I tried boiling them this time and they turned out awesome. Nice and soft. After the water begin to boiled, I let them boiled for 45 minutes. Good old mashed potatoes. I cooked 43.6 oz of potatoes and after cooking and smashing them they were pretty much the same weight so I will not need to make any adjustments.

Problem solved thanks to everyone :headbang:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner