over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Catheterization

paulsed1

Newbies
Well, in my ongoing issues with blood pressure/heart related mattters, I have to get a catheterization done in a few days to see if there are any issues. Obviously it is most important to see what possible issues are going on that might be affecting the heart and/or circulation, but the idea of this procedure is still freaking me out a bit. Never thought I would have to get something like this done. Any one else ever have this done? Seems a little strange to have something inserted through your artery, but I guess it is a pretty common procedure. Nothing is for certain yet, but there is suspicion of a potential blockage, which may mean a stent. That is yet to be determined. I just hope my lifting career isn't over :(.

Do you know why the suspect a potential blockage? Have you had any symptoms of angina or chest pain that would suggest a blockage? Did you have a normal EKG and echocardiogram? I know they were trying you on a bunch of different BP meds--are you still on the amlodipine? If so, are you also taking anything else?

In terms of the procedure, you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you are honest about your current medications, including anything that would increase your risk for bleeding (e.g., fish oil, aspirin, NSAIDs, etc.). Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see why this would signal an end to your training. You may need to make some adjustments to your diet and supp approach if you have established coronary artery disease and require a stent, but that shouldn't preclude you from working out. Best of luck with the procedure!

Do you know why the suspect a potential blockage? Have you had any symptoms of angina or chest pain that would suggest a blockage? Did you have a normal EKG and echocardiogram? I know they were trying you on a bunch of different BP meds--are you still on the amlodipine? If so, are you also taking anything else?

In terms of the procedure, you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you are honest about your current medications, including anything that would increase your risk for bleeding (e.g., fish oil, aspirin, NSAIDs, etc.). Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see why this would signal an end to your training. You may need to make some adjustments to your diet and supp approach if you have established coronary artery disease and require a stent, but that shouldn't preclude you from working out. Best of luck with the procedure!

It is due to images from a nuclear stress test. It was made clear that the images are not always 100% accurate. I have also had an echocardiogram, halter monitor, blood work, the whole 9. Most of my symptoms seem to bother me in the head, especially when weight training, dizziness, throbbing, etc. Haven't had any recent chest pain, but I have had it in the past. As far as meds, still just 5 mgs. amlodipine. I don't know if it is having that much of an effect, still runs kind of high now and then.

If there is a blockage, hard to knw what could have caused it, maybe genetics. I follow a reasonably good diet, heavy emphasis on protein, hard to get that all fat-free. Maybe just due to untreated blood pressure for too long, who knows. Thank you for the well wishes and encouragement.

Yes, nuclear scans can lead to false positives. It sounds like they have done everything in proper order. Given your history of chest pain, having a cath done is a very smart choice. Best of luck and let us know how you are doing after the procedure! Also, when the doc says you can start training again.

Last edited:
Ive had it done 2x!! WOOT

Here is my story if youve not read it. http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/37736-just-survived-heart-attack-age-38-follow-up-phils-post.html

I suffered a heart attack about 3 years ago when I was 38 yrs old. I had the first cath done while I was having the heart attack and they then used a small capillary tube to suction out my blood clot that was 100% blocking my RCA.

About 2 months or less later, i cant rememebr time frame now, I had another one done when I had a near fatal arrythmia. The paramedics had to shock me 2x to get my heart going right again after I passed out. I now have a defibrillator/pacemaker.

Im glad youre getting this done. It doesnt hurt much at all really. They numb up your leg and then stick the canula in through your femoral artery. YOure awake the whole time and you get to see your heart beating up on the monitor, its pretty amazing. they inject a dye into your bloodstream and that will show details of whats going on inside your arteries in the heart. Dont sweat it. The most painful part of it for me is when they have to put hard pressure on your leg after they are done. the pressure needs to be hard and held for a good while so that you dont spring a major leak!

You might have some bruising afterward, but I did not the 2nd time. I got really bad bruising the frist time because I was on heparin for my clot. Heparin makes you bleed, decreases clotting. I bled so bad that my entire leg was black and then I had to have another cath in my other leg so both legs were black all the way down to my calf. the blood somehow ended up in my penis too, and it got really big/black and looked like an elephant's trunk!

Happy to say it went well. No blockages. or at least nothing they thought was worth mentioning. The most painful part was taking off all the stickers and adhesives they put on everywhere and ripping my bodyhair out, ouch. Thanks for all the feedback guys. I hope you have been doing well Maldorf.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131