over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FISHOIL + ASPRIN blood too thin??

aqrojase

Registered
Is taking 20000mg of fish oil with a baby asprin a day over kill for thinning blood. I take the fish oil at high dosages for its over all benefits from brain function to heart function. I have just added a baby asprin to the mix and was wondering if that would thin blood out too much and is it unsafe?

Thank you.

I would say it depends on a few other aspects.

Diet, gear use. etc.

I know that before I go in for my shots in my spine, they make sure that I cut out my fish oil because it does thin the blood a good amount.

But for normal everyday health, I doubt it would matter that much.

Why are you trying to thin your blood?
Or are you just asking to be safe?

20 grams a day? seems excessive, i take 4 and a baby

I take around 12,000-15,000 but it all comes down to how much EPA and DHA it contains as those amount vary a lot per brand. The ones I use have around 300mg per 1000mg cap and I do up to 15 a day usually a little less. The benefits are outstanding and I never eat fish so I don't think it will hurt.

x2. I take 3g of epa + dha per day (you should measure fish oil by omega 3 content), plus 2 baby aspirin. Vit E and ginkgo can help too.

If you need more thinning beyond that, time to go to meds (w guidance from your doc).

Yes mine are 300mg epadha per cap....so really i am getting around 6000mg of it a day. As far as the gear i am on right now is....600mg test e...70mg dbol. I am going to go a head and throw an asprin in there as well. I am not trying to thin blood out..but just be on the safe side.

source naturals . 450 epa, 340 dha, i take 4

Yes mine are 300mg epadha per cap....so really i am getting around 6000mg of it a day. As far as the gear i am on right now is....600mg test e...70mg dbol. I am going to go a head and throw an asprin in there as well. I am not trying to thin blood out..but just be on the safe side.

be on the safe side of what? all your gonna do is thin your blood out, so if you're not trying to, what exactly do you expect to accomplish? if you're worried about rbc you gota donate , and even then it may still be high

be on the safe side of what? all your gonna do is thin your blood out, so if you're not trying to, what exactly do you expect to accomplish? if you're worried about rbc you gota donate , and even then it may still be high

So are you saying that asprin is not a good precaution on cycle?

So are you saying that asprin is not a good precaution on cycle?

its good for anyone , but dont think its gonna prevent a clot if your crit is 60

Is taking 20000mg of fish oil with a baby asprin a day over kill for thinning blood. I take the fish oil at high dosages for its over all benefits from brain function to heart function. I have just added a baby asprin to the mix and was wondering if that would thin blood out too much and is it unsafe?

Thank you.

Only one way to find out, have a INR test.

its good for anyone , but dont think its gonna prevent a clot if your crit is 60

True. But it might help if your crit is 50. Blood donation is priority #1 if your crit is high.

True. But it might help if your crit is 50. Blood donation is priority #1 if your crit is high.

right, my point was to make him aware of more important things, which i don't think he is, just a hunch

i gave every 2 months and crit still got to 53 on a trt dose

right, my point was to make him aware of more important things, which i don't think he is, just a hunch

Agreed. Low 50s: that's also where I tend to drift on my every-2-months donation schedule, and not on mega-doses either. Once a month would be perfect. I'd like to stay well below 50 all the time, not that this eliminates all risk.

I take 6000 mg of fishoil a day, my doctor told me to take 8000 mg a day. My blood panel came back fine. bad cholestrol normal and my goods a lil low. As far as aspirin is concerned I take (1) 325 mg in the morning and (1) 325 mg prior to workout. Ecotrin brand, less stress on the stomach!

Everyone is on the aspirin bandwagon. This might be a good thing under certain circumstances, but not all. If you look at the research, aspirin creates less deaths from clots, but more from strokes. If you do not have an issue with high hematocrit, taking a baby aspirin might not be a good idea.

I have two different doctors that are both VERY well respected, and they both think I should not take a baby aspirin, and control my elevated RBC with phlebotomy instead.

On a side note, companies often add vitamin E to fish oil, high dose vitamin E will thin the blood a lot. This is perhaps the safest way to thin the blood...

Last edited:

I am well aware about donating blood..i have read tons of threads by emric and maldrof. What my main concern was if i am on high dose fish oil and i add an asprin to it..will that be thinning blood too much. I never once mentioned that i dont know about donating blood. ( i was concerned about too thin blood and possible sides like brain hemmorage etc from it being too thin).

This is of interest to me as well, currently taking

4 grams high concentrate EPA/DHA fish oil per day
1-2 grams SESAMIN (scivation)
1 pill nattokinase
1 baby aspirin

This is of interest to me as well, currently taking

4 grams high concentrate EPA/DHA fish oil per day
1-2 grams SESAMIN (scivation)
1 pill nattokinase
1 baby aspirin

I bought Sesamin over the fall then researched it some more and got all paranoid and decided not too take it. Too many mentions of it making it hard to gain muscle while on it. Not sure if it is true but spooked me enough not to use it. There were also mentions of it having estrogenic effects.

I bought Sesamin over the fall then researched it some more and got all paranoid and decided not too take it. Too many mentions of it making it hard to gain muscle while on it. Not sure if it is true but spooked me enough not to use it. There were also mentions of it having estrogenic effects.

I talked to our formulator about it, said it lowers SHBG... I can say I have been on it for over 6-7 yrs, ever since avant labs had sesathin... Over that time, I started competitive bodybuilding and have made considerable size gains, so take it for what it's worth... also, my cholesterol has always baffled doctors for being so low... total of around 110 while competing with about a 40 HDL average... I do believe sesamin to be a major contributor for that... I was taking 4 grams a day for the majority of those years...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws