over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lowering Crit

DLStryker

Registered
There is giving whole blood and then something else they call "double red" which is extracting the red blood cells and then putting everything else back into the blood stream when donating blood. At least double red is the term they use when I'm donating blood.

The will let me donate whole blood every 58 days and, if I remember right, the double red twice the waiting period.

In short, for lowering hematocrit, long term, which is best?

DLStryker

is this also removing the plasma from the blood? double red

i just got back from donating ! i would go every 58 days
this way if you make any adjustments you can keep an eye on things because they measure crit every time..

You picked the right one. You should also donate platelets. Those two will be biggest steps you can take to keep yourself safe.

i just got back from donating ! i would go every 58 days
this way if you make any adjustments you can keep an eye on things because they measure crit every time..

this, if its the red cross tho they test globin, times it by 3, that's your crit, easy way to find it out for free

doing double red you are leaving a higher concentration of platelets in your body and increase risk for clots.

Is there any way of getting around the 2 month wait period? i'd love to donate every month... every 2 months doesn't seem sufficient.

Get a prescription or go to two different blood donation centers, i.e. Red Cross and United.

Is there any way of getting around the 2 month wait period? i'd love to donate every month... every 2 months doesn't seem sufficient.

Safety protocol. One that I personally wouldn't try to get around.

Safety protocol. One that I personally wouldn't try to get around.

2 months is actually very very conservative even for normal people. On large doses of AAS, a single pint every 2 months as an effect for about a week at best.

Actually I was more thinking about RBC donation when I wrote that. Yes you replace blood very rapidly, 58 days is quite the stretch to be safe. If you do double RBC donation, waiting period doubles basically. I don't know how long it takes the body to replace straight RBC, and can't find an answer online, so that would make me lean towards caution. True that I don't have all info necessary. I know if you are on EQ your RBC will rebuild rapidly, as EQ is known for increasing RBC, why it is popular with race horses. Higher RBC = Higher endurance.

Not to hijack the thread, but i just got bloodwork back and my platelet count was 1150 ref range 140-415. How many times donating platelets would it take to get that in normal range?

Remember also that they will test your HCT before you give blood. If it's too high, you may not be able to give at all. Stay away from anything that volumizes blood like equipoise. You have too much hemo in your blood. Your blood if like maple syrup and put tremendous stress on you organs (kidneys) to pump this sludge. Drink tons of water before you donate and just do two different labs and alternate every month.

Maintain close watch on your blood pressure and do not use any caffeine or diuretics. Take an low-dose aspirin if thats not a problem for you (you don't have GI issues for example). Check with your doctor and see if a temporary beta-blocker like propranolol would be advisable if your BP is too high. The BP number can be misleading because people tend to look at the systolic (the higher number) vs. the diastolic - a high diastolic means you need to open up a pressure release valve somehow. Do NOT try some home-baked method to do it either. Someone with a 160 over 100 BP and a 53+ HCT is in serious territory and should see a doctor immediately. But that person won't miss a pint every month.

Not to hijack the thread, but i just got bloodwork back and my platelet count was 1150 ref range 140-415. How many times donating platelets would it take to get that in normal range?
Yikes! Clotting risk. Most blood thinners work on platelets so a blood thinner should have been suggested by your doctor. If you ask your doc, he might hook you up. Donating regularly is perfectly healthy and should reduce platelet somewhat also and increase plasma.

That is high risk buddy. You should be on Plavix - Aspirin maybe even coumadin till you get that down. Donate platelets before you get on any of those, cause when you do you can't give blood till between 15-30 days from your last dose. Donate platelets ASAP then take whatever Scripts the Dr gives you.

So for lowering crit donating whole blood is better than double reds?
No, probably not but it depends on your point of view to some extent. If donating blood is your ONLY method of lowering your HCT, then I would suggest whole blood because platelets also contribute to HCT percentage as well as some possible clotting problems (but only if your platelet count is high). But if you're looking for a better hemo profile, and I'm just assuming you are eligible and meet requirements to go reds only, then it's probably a trade-off with your clot-happy platelets coming back to you along with the plasma which theoretically could cause some dehydration due to the simple fluid loss from donating whole blood. But a small percentage of a pint of fluid lost while giving blood is unlikely to dehydrate you. I've never heard of this once as a problem in normal adults.

Giving blood is perfectly healthy and highly recommended for reducing things like iron and impurities and keeping fresh blood circulating. To everyone reading this, don't think it's a good practice to use donations as some form of modern blood-letting to improve a steroid-induced whacked out hematology profile.

Healthy blood is the result of a healthy lifestyle and not medications and a blood bank. Donating has it's benefits but under normal circumstances, a person can go their whole life without giving blood and can remain perfectly healthy.

No, probably not but it depends on your point of view to some extent. If donating blood is your ONLY method of lowering your HCT, then I would suggest whole blood because platelets also contribute to HCT percentage as well as some possible clotting problems (but only if your platelet count is high). But if you're looking for a better hemo profile, and I'm just assuming you are eligible and meet requirements to go reds only, then it's probably a trade-off with your clot-happy platelets coming back to you along with the plasma which theoretically could cause some dehydration due to the simple fluid loss from donating whole blood. But a small percentage of a pint of fluid lost while giving blood is unlikely to dehydrate you. I've never heard of this once as a problem in normal adults.

Giving blood is perfectly healthy and highly recommended for reducing things like iron and impurities and keeping fresh blood circulating. To everyone reading this, don't think it's a good practice to use donations as some form of modern blood-letting to improve a steroid-induced whacked out hematology profile.

Healthy blood is the result of a healthy lifestyle and not medications and a blood bank. Donating has it's benefits but under normal circumstances, a person can go their whole life without giving blood and can remain perfectly healthy.

Thanks. My platelets aren't high but my RCB and HCT are on the higher end. The last few times I've donated I've done the double reds thinking that would help. I started donating when going on HRT to help with some of these problems. So if platelets aren't high go with double reds? My last blood work was:

platelets: 202 x10E3/uL (range: 140-415)
RBC: 5.52 x10E6/uL (range: 4.10-5.60)
Hematocrit: 48.3 % (range: 36-50)

Thanks. My platelets aren't high but my RCB and HCT are on the higher end. The last few times I've donated I've done the double reds thinking that would help. I started donating when going on HRT to help with some of these problems. So if platelets aren't high go with double reds? My last blood work was:

platelets: 202 x10E3/uL (range: 140-415)
RBC: 5.52 x10E6/uL (range: 4.10-5.60)
Hematocrit: 48.3 % (range: 36-50)
You could do either but based solely on these numbers right here (with nothing else to go on), reds only might be better as you could give more total mass than by doing simply whole blood which would be more plasma (which you might want to keep).

You could do either but based solely on these numbers right here (with nothing else to go on), reds only might be better as you could give more total mass than by doing simply whole blood which would be more plasma (which you might want to keep).

Sounds good. Thanks for your insight.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc