YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My dogs don't get along.... what should I do?

h8tr3d

Registered
I have a 3 yr old blue nose pit whose is friendly, loving and just all around awesome dog. I also have a lab/pit mix, who is around 6 yrs old. He has bitten before (only females). I have 2 crates, and seeing's how they dont get along, I have to rotate crate times, which sucks. I tried introducing them, but the mix tries to alpha dog the blue nose (even though blue nose is larger/beefier), and he gets a little agressive. I cant keep doing this with them. I love them both, but the blue nose is a nicer/easier going dog. I can walk them side by side, and as long as I keep a fast pace they dont bother eah other. Ive even had them sitting next to each other with out a leash ( because treats were involved, lol), and they didnt bother each other. Ive let them loose in my house together (breifly), and they just chase each other until the mix tries to get dominant. I dont want to put the mix down, but its looking like it might be the only option....... It makes me sad to think about it..... any help or advice from anyone who has similar experiences would be great. I dont have kids, I have dogs, and they are just about the only thing that brings joy into my life. Thank you for listening

here's a couple pics of my boys. The blue is funny. His tongue hangs out due to a slight overbite.

Attachments

• S5030049.JPG
    S5030049.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 333
  • S5030053.JPG
    S5030053.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 351
  • S5030054.JPG
    S5030054.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 337
probley two alpha males

either choose one to keep...
or
let em duke it out, see what happens...(which could result in death)

really nothing you can do..... except that

:cool:

I had 2 alaskan mals. Brother and sister. At about 15 months the female started attacking the male(who was much bigger). The neighbors were having a fit. We even built a cage that separted them but it eventually got to the point that it was no fun have them since they could never be out together. Finally, one day my wife was seperating them, the femal bit my wife all the way thru the hand. That was it. We gave the female to someone and told them not to get another dog. I don't think these situations work out too often.

I dont want to put the mix down, but its looking like it might be the only option....... It makes me sad to think about it.....

I can't believe you wrote that! You don't have to kill a dog because they fight :eek:

x2 you can either alternate cage time or try to give one of them away,i wouldent put one down if you can find someone to take him.putting one down should be a last resort bro .i know its hard man i wanted to adopt a dog from the pound bro and i couldent,because of my dog i already have.he is a pitbull/mastiff mix,and does not like another male dog near me.he will attack or try to hump the other dog( another form of domonence) lol.it s fucking a pain in the ass.its hard man my dog is like my kid bro i love him,you are in a tight spot man,either keep them seperated or give one away.or you can try a dog trainer too,like the fucking dog wisperer.that might work,they teach the 2 dogs to act like a pack,cant hurt,make some calls.goodluck

I can't believe you wrote that! You don't have to kill a dog because they fight :eek:
foreward me your addy and i will be glad to give him to you, since you seem so understanding.

and also, if you look closer in my post, I said he has bitten, females only. Do you still feel the same way? I love the damn dog. He only still breathes every day because I have allowed it (against my better judgement).

x2 you can either alternate cage time or try to give one of them away,i wouldent put one down if you can find someone to take him.putting one down should be a last resort bro .i know its hard man i wanted to adopt a dog from the pound bro and i couldent,because of my dog i already have.he is a pitbull/mastiff mix,and does not like another male dog near me.he will attack or try to hump the other dog( another form of domonence) lol.it s fucking a pain in the ass.its hard man my dog is like my kid bro i love him,you are in a tight spot man,either keep them seperated or give one away.or you can try a dog trainer too,like the fucking dog wisperer.that might work,they teach the 2 dogs to act like a pack,cant hurt,make some calls.goodluck
yup it sucks, and trust me...... it is a last resort. thats why I posted this. Its very hard, especially since he is my first dog. When I was younger my rents would never let me get one....... then when Im old enough and finally do,her turns out like an asshole....... but an asshole that I grew to love..... a lot. I have called adoptions/ shelter places without luck. As soon as you tell them he has bitten, they want nothing to do with him.

probley two alpha males

either choose one to keep...
or
let em duke it out, see what happens...(which could result in death)

really nothing you can do..... except that

:cool:
well actually the mix (smaller dog) is the alpha. They battled one day, and the mix gave the blue a bloody nose, and he coward and cried:(. After that i never introduced them again, until my GF and I broke up ( 5 days ago),and there is no way in hell she is gettin my dog, so here we are...... at a cross-road. I was thinking what you said...... maybe just let them battle/figure out where they both stand in the pecking order. I don't have many options though....... idk

I have owned dogs that would kill each other if given the chance and bite people. I never put any of then down over it, I just managed them.

A good wire muzzle is a way to keep a fighter from being a problem when you need to get them out. Let me know if you want a link to the type I used for years and never had it come off.

Hatr3d, you don't know what you're doing. There's no reason to put a k-9 down. This is you're fault. I tried to reply yesterday but, I was pulled out the door to a superbowl party.

You obviously don't know how the pack runs...You dominate and lay the other on it's side...It is UNTIL. It is not your choice. It is UNTIL.

God damn, you ever watch the dog whisper?? It actually all works...If the owner doesn't get it, you're screwed...Even if they're in the 'red zone'...Especially if you are a man of this board...You should be strong enough to control any dog. You need to 'see' the dog's deamenor and correct it right away or they are on their side in submission...You get it??? If not, you are not the right owner. Quit putting blaim on the dog.

Hatr3d, you don't know what you're doing. There's no reason to put a k-9 down. This is you're fault. I tried to reply yesterday but, I was pulled out the door to a superbowl party.

You obviously don't know how the pack runs...You dominate and lay the other on it's side...It is UNTIL. It is not your choice. It is UNTIL.

God damn, you ever watch the dog whisper?? It actually all works...If the owner doesn't get it, you're screwed...Even if they're in the 'red zone'...Especially if you are a man of this board...You should be strong enough to control any dog. You need to 'see' the dog's deamenor and correct it right away or they are on their side in submission...You get it??? If not, you are not the right owner. Quit putting blaim on the dog.
first off buddy, im not putting blame on the dog. Im not a fucking moron either. I started this thread for options and help. You dont know my sittuation, and im doing my best to explain it right on here. I dont have a lot of "time" in my life to manage two dogs like this, especially one that is a potential lawsuit waiting to happen. I have hired a dog trainer who came to my house, and after accessing and analyzing my dog he came to the conclusion that he has a lot of adolescent agression. And yes Ive seen the dog whisperer. If YOU think your "man" enough because evidently im not, than you can have him, and train him yourself, since its that easy. I welcome it buddy! Otherwise, the choice to put him down is MY choice, and MY choice alone, and I absolutely will If I deem NECCESSARY! Now.... lets get back to topic, and see if there is any other avenues to try to exhaust.... right now its looking like im just going to let them fight it out, and see what happens.... unless there is a better option.

I have owned dogs that would kill each other if given the chance and bite people. I never put any of then down over it, I just managed them.

A good wire muzzle is a way to keep a fighter from being a problem when you need to get them out. Let me know if you want a link to the type I used for years and never had it come off.
It appears that you have more time than I do! Also the muzzle issue... I thought about it. The only problem is he tries to bite and growls with teeth showing when trying to put it on. How would you handle that?

Also where I live, a dog that has bitten more than once should absolutely be put down/destroyed. The local law enforcement will tell you that much. I dont always agree with it, but it is what it is

well actually the mix (smaller dog) is the alpha. They battled one day, and the mix gave the blue a bloody nose, and he coward and cried:(. After that i never introduced them again, until my GF and I broke up ( 5 days ago),and there is no way in hell she is gettin my dog, so here we are...... at a cross-road. I was thinking what you said...... maybe just let them battle/figure out where they both stand in the pecking order. I don't have many options though....... idk

LOl why would you get a pit mix and a pitt and expect them to get along. Pitbulls are not trained to be dog aggressive they used to be bread that way and some still are. Their are people that have two and they live together with no problem ever. Sometimes a pitt doesn't become dog aggressive until 1 or 2 and the pet owner will come home to find their dogs dead and not understand why. If you get a pitbull with good bloodlines it can't be left around another dog 99.5 percent of the time. If you want dogs that aren't aggressive I recommend a nice retriever next time. If it is a pretty dog I would try to give it away on craigslist or the paper. One other thing you could try is maybe getting the dog fixed.

LOl why would you get a pit mix and a pitt and expect them to get along. Pitbulls are not trained to be dog aggressive they used to be bread that way and some still are. Their are people that have two and they live together with no problem ever. Sometimes a pitt doesn't become dog aggressive until 1 or 2 and the pet owner will come home to find their dogs dead and not understand why. If you get a pitbull with good bloodlines it can't be left around another dog 99.5 percent of the time. If you want dogs that aren't aggressive I recommend a nice retriever next time. If it is a pretty dog I would try to give it away on craigslist or the paper. One other thing you could try is maybe getting the dog fixed.
another pointless un-informed, retarded post. IF ANY ONE HAS ANYTHING POSITIVE AND HELPFUL TO POST, PLEASE DO SO. OTHER WISE DON'T POST.

THANK YOU

Do you live close to Pa? I would take the dog if I didn't already have a american bulldog that is dog aggressive. If you want to give it away I'll ask around and see if anybody will take it.

another pointless un-informed, retarded post. IF ANY ONE HAS ANYTHING POSITIVE AND HELPFUL TO POST, PLEASE DO SO. OTHER WISE DON'T POST.

THANK YOU

LOl yeah I'm the uninformed one that got two dogs. One a fighting dog and one that is half fighting dog and surprised their is a problem. Next time get two labs and you probably won't have this problem.

Do you live close to Pa? I would take the dog if I didn't already have a american bulldog that is dog aggressive. If you want to give it away I'll ask around and see if anybody will take it.
well thats a little better! ummm.... I live on the east coast. At this point im not sure yet, as im still trying to explore options. He really isnt a bad dog, just slightly high strung. He has 10x the energy of the blue, yet he is twice his age. My mix was $200 w/o papers, breed from a crazy ex-vietnam vet, who is incarserated for shooting one of his dogs( the father of mine) in a rural neighborhood. Yes, I know I should have never bought him, but its tough looking at pups and not leaving with one. My blue nose has papers, and is 100% razors edge. I bought him for my current gf and I. He was to stay at her house, and he did for 2.5 yrs. Now we are broken up, and I have both. Im going to wait it out for a little bit longer, and see what type of responses I get, and then make a descision. If i decide to go that route, I will let you know man, and maybe we can find him a nice happy home.... Its still up in the air, as I love him and his brother dearly

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear