over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One leg longer than the other

bernimx

Registered
Hey guys,

I have developped a muscle imbalance from squatting for years and that lead me to develop pain in my right knee.

I then went to a sports doc and i've been diagnosed with the left side of my hip being much higher than my right side, about a year and half ago. He then told me to go see a kinesiologist, that he would prescribe me stretching along with a few exercises that would help. I went and saw one, he prescribed me stabilisation exercises and stretching, which I did and feel like it helped because I was terribly not flexible nor did I have good stabilisators from never directly training them.

I went back to squatting a few months ago, and it felt okay.

However, yesterday, I literally felt that I wasn't pushing with the same force with both legs. I'm scared that within five or six more squatting sessions i'll re-enter into having knee problems.

I'm seeing a few possibilites that might help my case:

1. Do only single leg work.
2. Try and get my hips balanced by a physiotherapist or someone of that nature (I do not have insurance at the moment so that option is put on hold).
3. Get some kind of sole for the shorter leg

Have any of you seen this before?

I don't understand why they don't just give you a heel lift to wear in one shoe?

I don't understand why they don't just give you a heel lift to wear in one shoe?

How much shorter is your leg from the other? Like the previous poster said, a heel lift is what you need. It won't solve the problem itself but it will balance things out so squatting and anything like that shouldn't be an issue.

I leg shorter

I have the same problem. My middle leg is a couple of inches shorter that the others... I can live with that.:D

Rivers Cuomo, vocalist/guitar player of Weezer, had this problem. He used money from the success of Weezer's first album to correct it with surgery.

Now you know.

Keep up with the streatches tha the kenisiologist gave you and It should keep it in chek. massage also could help.

had this problem all of my life,i just try to adjust as needed one arm is longer also.

I have a 2 inch shorter leg it makes it worse with the lift because it dosent correct the distance from the knee to the hip..i always squat with a twist..mine is real bad

i wonder if thats normal for most people like womens breasts or mens chest ones bigger than the other one

I had a uncle that had that prob, his leg was about 2in shorter, You should really see a doc and get a custom fit support for you shoe/boot.

My uncle did fine through life, Army, jogging ect. But when he got into his
60's he started feeling almost like a arthritis kind of pain in his leg.
And developed a limp.
Just saying, might want to get it checked.

JP.

Thanks guys, i'll def. consult again and try and get a heel, or whatever that'll helpsyntherol.

.i always squat with a twist..mine is real bad

I do this too. I don't know exactly how much shorter my other leg is, but it is definitely shorter. My left leg is far more developed because it takes the bulk of any weight I am leg pressing or squatting.

same here...i've tried to bring up the difference using unilateral movements and really focusing on the weak leg when I'm squatting...it's pretty aggrivating. Have you been the a chiro for an adjustment?

I feel I can speak confidently on this one with some good advice..I was born with a brittle bone disease - 18 surgeries I can walk again, but my left tib/fib is longer than my right tib/fib due to a bone stretching surgery and my left femur is shorter than my right femur and still to this date my right leg is one inch longer than my left.

To correct this problem I wear a lift on the inside of my left shoe to balance my gait (pelvis) out when I walk...however when I squat i have to put my left leg back about one inch to two inches and keep my right leg normal to make sure both legs get and feel equal work. I used to do lots of unilateral movements, but once I worked with Shelby on DC training this year my legs took off and I did not do a single leg exercise uni-laterally.

I will admit I do have hip and knee pain especially if I walk around the house with no shoes on, but all in all it is not too bad.

I hope this helps you a bit, but less volume and foot placement in my leg workouts were the critical piece I was missing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws