over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

problem growing my upper chest...

purelifting

Registered
I can not fully grow my upperchest to my bottom of my chest. I only do decline chest so I guess that is my problem. I have perfect form for the weight I do. What should I add in? trainners... your thoughts are accepted!

x2 on the incline bench n db.

i had the same problem during my teen years.. big chest, big biceps n nothing else.. lol

i made my first workout of the week incline chest/tricep, and dropped flat bench n bicep curls for years. eventually it grew n looks even now.

Not wanting to appear to be a smart a** but you have over 500 posts...seems you would know about the search feature...Lots of information available on the development of pecs...As stated, incline bench work, dips, intensity, frequency, etc...

I can not fully grow my upperchest to my bottom of my chest. I only do decline chest so I guess that is my problem. I have perfect form for the weight I do. What should I add in? trainners... your thoughts are accepted!

Can you build a specific part of single muscle? Is the pec more than one muscle?

I feel like you gotta stick with basics and the muscle will grow how it's going to grow. I could be wrong this is just what big guys have told me :)

Not wanting to appear to be a smart a** but you have over 500 posts...seems you would know about the search feature...Lots of information available on the development of pecs...As stated, incline bench work, dips, intensity, frequency, etc...

I have checked the search feature. You are correct. A lot of infomation, but not the infomation I am looking for.

To other posters, I hear many say that decline is all that is needed. I will switch up instead of doing 5 sets of decline... I will try 3 sets of decline with 2 sets of inclinde.

I ONLY do DB. I will not mess with barbell.

I have checked the search feature. You are correct. A lot of infomation, but not the infomation I am looking for.

To other posters, I hear many say that decline is all that is needed. I will switch up instead of doing 5 sets of decline... I will try 3 sets of decline with 2 sets of inclinde.

I ONLY do DB. I will not mess with barbell.

IMO barbell is going to be a better mass builder simply because you can handle a lot more weight. I don't even know how you manage to do decline dumbell., I guess you have a training partner to hand you the dumbells? Even doing inclines it becomes hard to clean the dumbells up to your shoulders to start the movement. Add to this problem the fact that most gyms dont go over 120 lb dumbells and you have a problem. How high does your gym go?

I can not fully grow my upperchest to my bottom of my chest. I only do decline chest so I guess that is my problem.

i dont understand.

you just told us what your problem is.

add in more incline work.

the end.

Why not do 3 incline and 2 decline? And do inclines first. And throw in some incline flies too. But I agree you should try the barbell.

When I switched to almost all DB work for my chest it exploded. I get much more of a stretch from DB. Concentrate on the movement and the stretch. Leave the ego at home and don't try to swing weight you can't control.

IMO barbell is going to be a better mass builder simply because you can handle a lot more weight. I don't even know how you manage to do decline dumbell., I guess you have a training partner to hand you the dumbells? Even doing inclines it becomes hard to clean the dumbells up to your shoulders to start the movement. Add to this problem the fact that most gyms dont go over 120 lb dumbells and you have a problem. How high does your gym go?

I never do decline, for me it seems like a waste of time and uncomfortable. I always focus more on my incline. I bench more on my incline than my flat bench. Also I rarely ever do db for chest. I have a pretty good defined chest so I would just focus more on Incline movements. Some just don't have big chest and its hard to grow.

I am glad you asked them I do not have a partner. I get the weight up all on my own. My gym goes up to 125 right now with I am fine with.... until I go on a cycle and they MAY may be a problem. I will never touch bench press again.

This is how I do decline... keep in mind I do not slide down!

A trainner told me to do dips for amonth and see how the progess is. I am going to be doing dips for tri's though instead of close drip press. Also doing 3 decline with 2 incline db.

The 2 incline will be light but more focused on the sqeezing at time. Picture.... at the bottem, My palms will be faced outward then at the top my palms will be facing inward sqeezing my upper chest. (my owner does to his trainies and I saw good results.)

I posted this topic to see what others thought. Many forum members think include builds to much delts.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 181
Also, I can not and will not post my work out due to it is not mine. I paid for it from Phil and It has been 1.3 years now since I have been doing it. I love it. Worth every penny.

Did I mention, Phil and I had a fall out? we argued. What trainner and trainie doesn't. Besides that, I will not post a routine that MANY others paided for including myself. That would not be right.

Stiff armed dips. :cool:

Reverse grip bench press.
Try it and see if your upper chest gets sore. ;)

not trying to be a dick, but i think you answered your own question. you state that you want to grow your upper chest but you only do declines. Obviously you shoud give the decline a rest and do inclines.

Definatlly drop the declines for a while and stick with the inclines

Im a decline presser myself and had this problem.I use a smith machine and position myself so i bring the bar down to my upper pecs and noticed an improvement.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws