over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Electrocardiogram EKG ECG

lookatpicture

Registered
Have any of you had an electrocardiogram? My profession requires that I have one done. I am scheduling it in a few weeks and wonder what to expect. If any of you had it done while you were ON, were the results affected?

I had an EKG done when i was "ON" the results read "normal".

I also just recently (2weeks ago) had an ECHOcardiogram done. Its an ultrasound of your heart. I was a little nervous for this one, not so much the procedure but the results. This test is much more accurate then the EKG, it gives you a complete picture of your heart and how its working, wall thickeness, valves, ejection fraction, etc.

The EKG is just a set of 7 ( i think) electrodes they hook up to different parts of your body ( chest, ankle, arm, etc) its nothing. The test takes 5 minutes. It measures the electrical activity of your heart. From what i gather, something would have to be pretty messed up to show up on an EKG. An echocardiogram is much more accurate.

Last edited:

I also just recently (2weeks ago) had an ECHOcardiogram done. Its an ultrasound of your heart. I was a little nervous for this one, not so much the procedure but the results. This test is much more accurate then the EKG, it gives you a complete picture of your heart and how its working, wall thickeness, valves, ejection fraction, etc.

The EKG is just a set of 7 ( i think) electrodes they hook up to different parts of your body ( chest, ankle, arm, etc) its nothing. The test takes 5 minutes. It measures the electrical activity of your heart. From what i gather, something would have to be pretty messed up to show up on an EKG. An electrocardiogram is much more accurate.

Yeah that echo scares me also. I have had 3 EKG's in the past 10 years, last one in '08, all was normal. That echo is what counts, I totally agree. Reading Maldorf's posts can really open your eye's. I suggest Everyone do it. He has been there and done it, tons of good info backed up with fact.

ive had echos and ekg's while on... well... im never off, i just cruise at a trt dose of 150....

perfectly normal. no cardiomyopathy, and EF of >85%.

as the doc told me, not everyone is susceptible to myopathy induced by training or aas. genetic predispositions play a huge factor.

ive had echos and ekg's while on... well... im never off, i just cruise at a trt dose of 150....

perfectly normal. no cardiomyopathy, and EF of >85%.

as the doc told me, not everyone is susceptible to myopathy induced by training or aas. genetic predispositions play a huge factor.

wow thats a high EF!!

The EKG is just a set of 7 ( i think) electrodes they hook up to different parts of your body ( chest, ankle, arm, etc) its nothing. The test takes 5 minutes. It measures the electrical activity of your heart. From what i gather, something would have to be pretty messed up to show up on an EKG. An electrocardiogram is much more accurate.

Care to share the results of your electrocardiogram?

just a random piece of advice on EKGs - whether it was done for a job or reg med visit, doctors can easily misread EKGs or don't pick up changes from past EKGs. if a doctors claims a 'normal abnormality' or similar it'd be smart to get it redone or read by a cardiologist

ECG

I wonder if they have private labs that you can get an ECG done at without a doctors orders... Anyone know?

very useful information juicin. thanks for the reply.

More reasons to do your cardio (HR: 120-140 bpm)

**broken link removed**

Awesome article

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear