over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

‘AKL-0707’ New GHRH ‘Super-Agonist’

hoki2test

Newbies
:star-:arsCan Dat or one of our resident Peptide Guru,s like Ron from Genesis Peptides please give their opinon on this new Super Peptide and when are we going to see some availilble to try from the various peptde Sponsors,At the moment i am currently running GHRP 6 and Mod grif 129 and it has had a major effect on my body composition and Peeps that know me are scratching their heads and wondering what gear im on,i love it:headbang:..keep in mind that i have never ever used GH in my life but by adding peptides to my one gram of test cypionate aweek has made a very very noticeable difference,by the way i live in the very ANAL CUSTOMS/BORDER SECURITY LAND OF AUSTRALIA and i have had to really hussle my arse off to get my hands on peptides and secure a good source,having said that i so happy i did,peptides are AWESOME and i am Peptide man for life..............the following article is from The Clear Chemist

Patrick Arnold
New GHRH ‘Super-Agonist’

Not much information has been disseminated about this new drug candidate, but it looks very interesting for bodybuilding, and I am sure it will be in demand if it ever makes it to production. Right now it is only known under its experimental name ‘AKL-0707’ (formerly known as LAB GHRH), and its being produced by a drug development firm called Akela Pharma, which is headquartered in Canada. The drug is intended to be an alternative to growth hormone (GH) therapy, and is targeted toward the treatment of muscle wasting in patients with chronic renal failure.

As a quick background for you, growth hormone is released from the pituitary in a pulsatile manner, and its release is prompted by the action of growth hormone-releasing Hormone (GHRH). GHRH is released from the hypothalamus gland and travels to the pituitary, where it interacts with GHRH receptors. Native, human GHRH is a peptide consisting of 44 amino acids.

Native GHRH is not very useful as a drug to raise growth hormone levels, because it is extremely subject to destruction by serum proteases. This means you would have to either inject it several times a day, or utilize some sort of intravenous pump— both very impractical delivery methods.

AKL-0707, on the other hand, was developed to resist serum proteases while maintaining a high affinity to the GHRH receptor. AKL-0707 is 29 amino acids long, as opposed to the 44-amino acid length of native GHRH. When injected into the body, this drug has been demonstrated to cause a rapid and profound increase in growth hormone levels, and continued use over weeks results in substantial elevations in serum IGF-1 as well.

In a recent study, AKL-0707 was given to non-dialyzed, chronic kidney disease patients. Compared to the placebo control group, the drug group increased 24-hour GH secretion by almost 400 percent after 28 days. The natural rhythmic pulsatile release of GH was unchanged as well, and serum IGF-1 levels were doubled. DEXA analysis revealed that the group taking the drug experienced an increase in fat-free mass and body mineral content, and a decrease in body fat content. This group also experienced a decrease in urinary nitrogen excretion, despite no change in protein consumption, which indicates anabolic activity.

What is the significance of this? In my opinion, it’s interesting because it demonstrated a profound effect on GH and IGF-1 levels, while unlike straight GH therapy, a natural pulsatile release of GH was maintained. This may mean more IGF-1 production per given amount of GH, and perhaps less of a downregulatory action on the GH/IGF-1 axis. It would be interesting to see what the real-life benefits of this drug are on normal humans, and if this ever makes it to market (or is copied on the black market). I am sure we we’ll find out.

I'm no guru, but the results seem pretty minimal in comparison to the ghrp/ghrh combo.

Having little to go on all I can say is that other peptides of this type are also 29 amino acid chains and work in a very similar way- i.e. it sounds similar to what we have. But, each of these "short-chain" GH agonists have some slightly different properties. What sounds promising about this one is the increased nitrogen retention and increased lbm. I'm really not sure most of the others do so much in this area. If the increase in lean muscle is statistically significant (I'll be hunting for abstracts! :) ) then it'll offer something unique imo. Other than that it sounds very similar to what we're familiar with. But, again, I know almost nothing about it!

**broken link removed**

Abstract

"Chronic kidney disease is frequently associated with protein-energy wasting related to chronic inflammation and a resistance to anabolic hormones such as insulin and growth hormone (GH). In this study, we determined whether a new GH-releasing hormone super-agonist (AKL-0707) improved the anabolism and nutritional status of nondialyzed patients with stage 4–5 chronic kidney disease randomized to twice daily injections of the super-agonist or placebo. After 28 days, this treatment significantly increased 24-h GH secretion by almost 400%, without altering the frequency or rhythmicity of secretory bursts or fractional pulsatile GH release, and doubled the serum insulin-like growth factor-1 level. There was a significant change in the Subjective Global Assessment from ‘mildly to moderately malnourished’ to ‘well-nourished’ in 6 of 9 patients receiving AKL-0707 but in none of 10 placebo-treated patients. By dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, both the mean fat-free mass and the body mineral content increased, but fat mass decreased, all significantly. In the AKL-0707-treated group, both serum urea and normalized protein equivalent of nitrogen appearance significantly decreased with no change in dietary protein intake, indicating a protein anabolic effect of treatment. Thus, our study shows that stimulation of endogenous GH secretion by AKL-0707 overcomes uremic catabolism of patients with advanced chronic kidney disease."

What is in bold is significant because it shows (If I understand correctly) that it kept gh levels at 400% normal without affecting regular "pulses" that we'd experience throughout the day. I may have that wrong, but it's interesting. Would we even want that? Or are we specifically looking for those short-intense pulses we're creating with our current peps?

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner