over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

💥 Phil Viz Q&A Training Segment

Just because the lats, traps and rhomboids as well as erectors do not go through a complete lengthening/ shortening cycle does not mean the movement will provide less hypertrophic effects as compared to other types of pulling movements like row variations.
In fact, muscular tension and the duration in which the muscle is under tension has a much more profound effect on hypertrophy.
The bottom line is genetics and muscle recruitment patterns vary dramatically from individual to individual. The outcome can be different for everyone. However, the fact is that deadlift variations as well as heavy loaded carries (which also require primarily isometric contractions of the upper back and core) are bad ass exercises and will absolutely add slabs of muscle to your entire posterior chain especially done with a considerable amount of volume. Combined with rows and pull ups and you have the complete package for back development. In my opinion of course. But if you never tried it don't knock it. Just because it doesnt say so in a text book doesnt mean its not correct or possible.

Sent from a place you don't know.

I read this:

Just because the lats, traps and rhomboids as well as erectors do not go through a complete lengthening/ shortening cycle does not mean the movement will provide less hypertrophic effects as compared to other types of pulling movements like row variations.
In fact, muscular tension and the duration in which the muscle is under tension has a much more profound effect on hypertrophy.

Then I read this:

In my opinion of course.

So, is this your opinion or is it a fact?

Hey Phil,
Looking nasty brother. Keep pushing it is definately paying off!
Are you doing training programmes now as well?

I dont just coach training its entire program or nothing.

I read this:

Then I read this:

So, is this your opinion or is it a fact?

IDK about fact, but i strongly agree.

Its a fact to myself and the many ive worked with. Its is a fact that isometric contractions contribute to hypertrophy. I however, have not looked at any research, although im sure its there. So I say "in my opinion" to cover my ass;). Im sure there would be some who wouldn't respond as well as others. Thats typical. Just like the bench press for developing chest. It doesnt work for everyone.
Alrhough I would challenge anyone to add these exercises in the moderate to higher rep ranges to add some muscle to your entire back.

Sent from a place you don't know.

Great video Phil.Very informative,hope you have more.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

I actually do my rack pulls a hybrid way....

I dont stay arched and use leg drive, which reduces how much weight i can use, but i want a big back not a powerlifting total. I do them almost stiff leg, but wide stance (strong stable base, but no tight pull from posterior chain), and i let my shoulders come forward and back round. Then when i pull i pull my shoulders back and arch. This gives me a little lengthening and shortening to the back muscles under heavy load as opposed to the traditional static contraction. I dont sit back and try to counterbalance the weight with my posterior chain either (leverage) i actually start my pull over top of the bar (making it once again even harder)

Try it... you wont go back. But trust me start LIGHT! You will be humbled relative to what you are used to using!

Exactly the way to do it! Shoulders protracted during the initial pull then at the top retract shoulder and squeeze upper back and lats. So many times I see people deadlift and honestly the only thing they are working is their lower back some and glutes. Its great I guess if you're just trying to see how much you can lift I guess. If you really watch most people deadlift they really aren't using the majority of their muscles during the lift. They're really just kinda picking the weight up. I was guilty of this for a long time.

Phil,

Did you say in the video you are using Intra carbs during prep or just for offseason.

Phil,

Did you say in the video you are using Intra carbs during prep or just for offseason.

I believe off season since loads are higher and has the cals to spend.

Can you elaborate a bit on the max effort and how you apply it? While we do have a bit different perspectives, I'd like to educate myself on other methods.

Also, did you say you prefer EAA over pepto? Since it takes
Less effort on the body to digest?

If you were to emphasize back thickness vs back width in two different workouts, how would they differ?

How do you do your rackpulls? Just pyramide up for 10reps and add deiger until it doesnt move?

Edit: fuck, gotta watch the video

This is intense.
Have to give respect someone who can push themselves this much.
At the same time its scary. You look like you have jaundice.

Such a fine line, just watching you worries me.

Good luck to you hope you achieve your goals. Be safe

Haters will hate and real men will appreciate , keep goin bro and I trained with professional bbs who does dealift this same way and I found it great to add weight and keep growing ur back with no injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner