over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1-2 iu slin , fasted preworkout??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been looking all over trying to find some more solid info about guy using very low dose slin for fasted cardio and workouts..

Any of you guys know where I can find the artical on this or know anything about it? From what little info I have found it causes the body to use up what little bit of glycogen it has stored so that fat burning is started faster?

anybody try this or know anything about it? I'm just trying to round up as much knowledge on slin as I can rightnow

Though I wouldn't advocate it to anyone not familiar with slin :cool:, I did it quite often while prepping for shows... makes your a.m. cardio sessions much more effective IMO.

Just make sure to keep your intensity low to moderate, otherwise you'll feel what hypoglycemia truly means, trust me... :eek:

I worked my way up to 7 or 8 Humalog IU while on a keto diet, but that was my limit. 4 to 5 IU seemed to work just as fine for me without the sides (massive cold sweats and shaking, sensation that u'll pass away in the minute, etc...).

It works, but then again be cautious. :)

How exactly does this work? Does it help burn more fat by burning through your glycogen quicker, therefore getting to the stored fat to use as energy?

What is the logic here exactly? I would of guessed to dose it fasted, let it peak, then drop you even lower than before, which then would allow you to be extremely low blood sugar to better liberate fatty acids quickly? If exogenous slin is still peaked wouldnt it inhibit fat oxidation regardless of no ingested glucose?

:)

Finally someone asked about this.

yes i did it while on keto diet.i started with 1iu got up to 4iu before workout.
I can say that it was amazing.I worked out like a machine.For example my workout normally 45mins but when i get insulin about 3iu i finish same workout within 30mins at same intensity.My protocol was

3 or 4iu humalog with 50gr whey cons. wait 30 mins and start workout.Just pay attention that if you feel very weak after workout consume 30gr whey after workuot or if you will wait your next meal when you get home, you have to use 3iu.

What is the logic here exactly? I would of guessed to dose it fasted, let it peak, then drop you even lower than before, which then would allow you to be extremely low blood sugar to better liberate fatty acids quickly?

That's it. :)

:)

Finally someone asked about this.

yes i did it while on keto diet.i started with 1iu got up to 4iu before workout.
I can say that it was amazing.I worked out like a machine.For example my workout normally 45mins but when i get insulin about 3iu i finish same workout within 30mins at same intensity.My protocol was

3 or 4iu humalog with 50gr whey cons. wait 30 mins and start workout.Just pay attention that if you feel very weak after workout consume 30gr whey after workuot or if you will wait your next meal when you get home, you have to use 3iu.

I'm curious, how does he insulin help you workout faster? Any benefits to doing that compared to no insulin at all? And do you administer the slin pre workout when fasted, with no meals prior to that?

Though I wouldn't advocate it to anyone not familiar with slin :cool:, I did it quite often while prepping for shows... makes your a.m. cardio sessions much more effective IMO.

Just make sure to keep your intensity low to moderate, otherwise you'll feel what hypoglycemia truly means, trust me... :eek:

I worked my way up to 7 or 8 Humalog IU while on a keto diet, but that was my limit. 4 to 5 IU seemed to work just as fine for me without the sides (massive cold sweats and shaking, sensation that u'll pass away in the minute, etc...).

did you let it peak first or just pin it and hop on the treadmill? seems like this would be optimal in an offseason regimine.

did you let it peak first or just pin it and hop on the treadmill? seems like this would be optimal in an offseason regimine.

Let it peak so that when you start your cardio blood sugar is already low, enabling u to tap into fat stores much faster than what it'd usually take.

The easiest way to do it is to inject as soon as u get up. By the time you're done with whatever morning task you have to do, hop hit the treadmill or bike. If you're doing your am cardio at the gym, use the time it takes you to drive there to let it peak (30 min or so for humalog). :)

i eat at 5:30pm balanced mail and at about 7:15pm inject 3 or 4iu insulin with 50gr whey cons. wait 30mins to start workout.

As you know that while keto diet you feel weak at workouts because of lack of carbs.This insulin compansate this problem.It gives me strength while workout.By the way i am on 1000mg test enant /week.I really notice strength difference pre-wo slin usage.

interesting reading so far...

i eat at 5:30pm balanced mail and at about 7:15pm inject 3 or 4iu insulin with 50gr whey cons. wait 30mins to start workout.

As you know that while keto diet you feel weak at workouts because of lack of carbs.This insulin compansate this problem.It gives me strength while workout.By the way i am on 1000mg test enant /week.I really notice strength difference pre-wo slin usage.

So your using slin pre cardio and pre weight training??

So if I wanna try 1-2 iu for my morning cardio on an empty stomach, I need to keep my intensity low to avoid HYPO symptoms? What about using a fatburner, does that make it easier to feel HYPO while doing your cardio? I usually wake up, take a fatburner and some BCAA's, then hit the eliptical for 45 min low intensity.

So if I wanna try 1-2 iu for my morning cardio on an empty stomach, I need to keep my intensity low to avoid HYPO symptoms? What about using a fatburner, does that make it easier to feel HYPO while doing your cardio? I usually wake up, take a fatburner and some BCAA's, then hit the eliptical for 45 min low intensity.
fat burners raise bg and so does leucine.

Don't have much input on this as I have only used insulin with carbs.

BUT, I would most definitely recommend pre-diluting the insulin into sterile WFI prior to using it. 1-2 units is such a small ammount to measure accurately with a standard insulin syringe. Add 9ml WFI and 1ml (100u/ml) insulin into a pre-sterilized vial. This would give the ability to dose more accurately. 10 units on an insulin syringe would give you 1 unit or insulin delivered.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend you consume some BCAA's during your cardio if you choose to go this route.

I would be afriad of going hypo too much and getting the shakes and other ill feelings. It must be quite a tightrope walk keeping things balanced that way doing the slin in the morning after a night of fasting. All I know is that I went hypo rather bad a couple of times and I got so hungry that I ended up eating a tremendous amount of food and probably just put on weight. I guess I didnt have the discipline to make it past feeling like that.

What is the logic here exactly? I would of guessed to dose it fasted, let it peak, then drop you even lower than before, which then would allow you to be extremely low blood sugar to better liberate fatty acids quickly? If exogenous slin is still peaked wouldnt it inhibit fat oxidation regardless of no ingested glucose?

I understand your reasoning..but if you are on keto diet isnt blood sugar really low to start off with?You are already burning fat and ketones at an extremely high rate.And second,that would also mean that you would have to wait at least 60 mins before doing cardio to let insulin levels to drop..right?

I was wondering if this affected your "rebound" when you started bulking again.From what i heard,the rebound is the response of having insulin levels really really low during dieting.Now is it the lack of carbs that gives us this good rebound..or the lack of insulin.If its the lack of insulin,i wouldnt follow this protocol cause its only going to ruin your rebound when you start bulking again..

Plus,if you are someone who uses slin while bulking,that would mean less time off this way..and would that make you more carb resistant seeing you used it during your diet?

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner