over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10,000 mg PER DAY Steroid Cycle From The Golden Era - Pete Grymkowski

Sorry but this is not true. I knew a higher ranked pro in the late 80s and was taking a bottle of cyp per week (2000 mgs) and that was considered a death dose then.
I have printed some of my pre contest cycles back then and it was baby aspirin in today's standards and most national guys took stacks that you would see from a low local BB now.
You also did not see all the sides as you do today either. Bitch tits was a biggie then.

Sorry but this is not true. I knew a higher ranked pro in the late 80s and was taking a bottle of cyp per week (2000 mgs) and that was considered a death dose then.
I have printed some of my pre contest cycles back then and it was baby aspirin in today's standards and most national guys took stacks that you would see from a low local BB now.
You also did not see all the sides as you do today either. Bitch tits was a biggie then.
What i found interesting is that plenty of guys had gyno in the 80's (even early 80's) but they wouldn't get photographed with it and plenty of guys got the surgery and it looked good. There were good outcomes aesthetically in terms of the surgery even back then. I wonder how far back pro bodybuilders were doing the surgery.

There's some survivorship bias when we talk about the 80s and 90s.

We never saw the ugly, bloated, poor genetics, bad looking folks because they didn't get photographed (voluntarily or involuntarily). So we have this picture we paint that probably has some flaws to it.

See bold above: This is what a lot of guys today don't understand. Many of the orals in use back then contained what we now consider to be small amounts of steroid per tab. While Anavar is typically sold in 10-50 mg tabs today, 2.5 mg was the max back then. It was produced by Searle and they only made 2.5 mg tabs at 100 tabs per bottle. So, a whole bottle contained only 250 mg. While that is still a lot of steroid, taking 3 bottles per day is not going to kill you, especially when only used for a 3 week period. If you add up the rest of the orals he was taking, yes, it still totals nearly 2 grams daily, which is a shit-ton, but plenty of people could get away with that for 3 weeks. I bet his liver was toast after that stint, though.
Hi mike , sorry to be off topic but in previous posts you mentioned you've seen bodybuilders bloodwork with estrogen levels in the 300 range and the benefits of this , what measurements are you taking here pmol/l or pg/ml?

What i found interesting is that plenty of guys had gyno in the 80's (even early 80's) but they wouldn't get photographed with it and plenty of guys got the surgery and it looked good. There were good outcomes aesthetically in terms of the surgery even back then. I wonder how far back pro bodybuilders were doing the surgery.

I had the surgery in 1991, best thing I ever did for me. I did not do high doses of AAS and I competed nationally (1st/2nd) in all shows. I posted my precontest cycle here once from my logs from a national show and I was told it was BS.

I had the surgery in 1991, best thing I ever did for me. I did not do high doses of AAS and I competed nationally (1st/2nd) in all shows. I posted my precontest cycle here once from my logs from a national show and I was told it was BS.

Can you post your cycle again ?

I love to hear about 80s early 90s

There's some survivorship bias when we talk about the 80s and 90s.

We never saw the ugly, bloated, poor genetics, bad looking folks because they didn't get photographed (voluntarily or involuntarily). So we have this picture we paint that probably has some flaws to it.

Yes, I agree.

And it reminds me of the Renaissance.

People always rave about the Renaissance period in art. Many of the greats produced
their best work them. It a grand period in history and in art. Art was everywhere.
And so was the money to pay for it. Commissions were grand even it they were tough
to collect (churches). But you never saw / see those crappy artists. Where did they go?
Why don't we see them? Well, nobody collected them because they were not worth
collecting or seeing. And there were hundreds, maybe thousands of them that were
destroyed or lost in time because they were bad (relatively speaking).

We only see the great ones which leads one to believe that everybody was that good.
Well . . . they weren't. Truth be told, (many) most were not that good.

What does that have to do with bodybuilding? Some physiques are great, some are
good, most are not and equally unpleasant to look at. And you never see the ones who
are not because like thethinker said, they are not photographed because most body-
builders don't look very good.

They did.

What about Franco Columbu during his Olympia win? Tough not to photograph the
Olympia winner . . . even with one of the word cases of gyno in history.

Can you post your cycle again ?

I love to hear about 80s early 90s

I will pull them out of attic later. I never did GH (way too expensive then), started GH when I was 43 yo and long done with competing. I was mostly a heavy weight, but my first 2 shows in 87, I dieted with no clen or T3 and won as a light heavy, cycles were quite simple. I am sure I lost a lot of muscle dieting this way, but shows were more about conditioning and not monster size then.

They did.

What about Franco Columbu during his Olympia win? Tough not to photograph the
Olympia winner . . . even with one of the word cases of gyno in history.
I was referring more to feature photo shoots for the mags but yes, if you showed up to an Olympia or any contest for that matter with gyno, it was going to shown in the mags and you'd be exposed.

I don't really believe the dosages either, but keep in mind a bottle of dbol back then was around 2-5mg a pill, so really a whole bottle is intense but not out of the realm of what could be done.

Man I hate pinning 3 times a week as is, I couldn't imagine 9 times a day...

I was referring more to feature photo shoots for the mags but yes, if you showed up to an Olympia or any contest for that matter with gyno, it was going to shown in the mags and you'd be exposed.

Yes, back then with mags, etc.

But gyno has always been in existence for more or less since
bodybuilders (mostly) began abusing steroids And it will always
be in existence for the same.

Why you don't see it now with the top guys worth photographing
is that they either don't have it (most top men don't) or it is all
retouched or photoshopped out. My opinion.

Franco won the Olympia in 1981 with terrible gyno. The first
release of Photoshop I think was in 1990, too late to benefit
Franco ;) (He should not have won anyway, gyno or no gyno
. . . the contest was fixed and very political then as it is now.)

But those are two subjects for another day.

I didn't watch but 10 grams a day is BS. Maybe a gram a day for a short period. Most of these guys are really stupid and don't know what 10, 000mg means, guys get this shit mixed up all the time. I know juicers who don't understand the difference between MG and ML :D
Especially since the shit was low dosed back then...100-150mg/ml was average...at 10,000 a day synthol wouldn’t have even needed to exist lol

He would be drinking a pound of bicarbonate to reduce the horrible heartburn first of all.

^^ insider info right there 😂

High dosages cause the worst indigestion

You can literally feel toxicity

Not fun

I don't doubt some high ranked pros even today can get by on those dosages. Genetics are the best drug on earth. But even back in the glorious 80s when everyone worked hard and respected their elders - yes, even back then you still had folks using everything they could get their hands on. It's human nature... Foolish, self-destructive, never satisfied, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131