over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10-12 Meals a day??

I don't think im even understanding if there is a question here.

If you are growing AND getting too fat....you are eating too many calories.
Simple as that.

Stop breaking things down by MEALS and look at macros and calories.

I don't care if you eat 3 or 10 meals. If you are eating 6k cals a day behind a desk, you get fat. You base your diet on your activity levels and metabolism. Simple as that. This is basic nutrition 101 here dude.

10-12 meals/day?

If these are 'real' meals, e.g. not all shakes, my question is the same as a previous poster in that who has time for that? I could easily eat 4 meals in a working (8 hr) day at my old job, but at my new job there is no way. Two 15 min breaks and 1 30 min lunch, all strictly time-monitored.

10 meals ? No way... 6 meals ? Still not happening. Three meals and a shake I can do... I got stuff to do.. plus I'm lazy in regards to preparing meals..;)

can someone explain to me how you can eat 10-12 meals and still stay somewhat lean? I know if I want more mass I need to eat more food but when ever I up my calories I end up putting on fat. I am eating whole foods and diet is nothing new to me. I am not a huge guy I am 230 6'3 sitting at 10% body fat now. would love to hit 250. The biggest I have been is 255 but I am sure it was just a lean 230 with 20 lbs of fat.

Am I missing something here. I am getting about 1.2g per pound of protein in.

Any tips or advice would be helpful. I am not a competing athlete but I do follow a whole foods diet and train hard. I love bodybuilding just wish I was better at it. lol

Thanks
&
Merry Christmas

Hey buddy,

Have you ever posted a pic on here? If so, can you provide me with a link? I'm not here to bully you here. You sound huge brother!

6 meals a day is the magic number. I have tried one more and 2 less and 6 seems to work best for our sport. as the late Paul Boresen used to say, the body flushed in nitrogen content every 3 hours... so it would make sense to consume a meal every 3 hours.
Something to consider, is that the body benefits in absorption from the fluctuation of blood sugar/insulin response. Yes, even on a Keto diet the body will still trigger that response to a somewhat lesser degree it is thought.
So in all actuality, too seriously benefit from those absorption mechanisms it essential to space your meals apart enough to get some fluctuation in floating nutrients.
So, to answer your question, with 12 meals a day and an equivalent 6 meals with the SAME calories, you benefit more from the 6.
Now, if your objective is to ADD calories solely, then maybe- but you will absorb more nutrients with 6 meals and put on less body fat.
and BTW, its pretty stressful getting in 6 meals if you have any sort of life to run in parallel.
Stop, sit, eat...etc there is a certain stress response from that so i cant imagine what 12 would be like.

The Brad Schoenfeld/Alan Aragon research (sorry I'm too lazy to find them) indicated that meal frequency doesn't matter, HOWEVER, protein frequency, does help maximize anabolism. Basically, consume protein every 3 hours and eats carbs/fats whenever

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131