over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10 Weeks Out Nationals

Jblack

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Hey everyone,

Wanted to share with my PM family my 10 week out photos from Nationals this year. I was 170.8 in these photos. I have spent since JR Nats 2016 where I took 2nd in lightweight, working on my legs more and my back. Luckily no significant fractures or anything has held my training up so far and I feel I have made some steady improvements. I am aiming for lightweight again since I was 153 last time with 2 meals and 1/2 gallon water. I put, what I feel is a few good pounds since JR Nats.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9900.jpg
    IMG_9900.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7782.jpg
    IMG_7782.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 122
I almost broke my neck looking at your photos, lol.

10 weeks out and the buttocks are already grated, I do not know how some of you do, get in shape so fast. How long have you been on a diet?

You look great J. Looky at them striated glutes! Keep this updated as you get closer please.

your legs definitely look a lot bigger. Impressive for anyone, but even more given your circumstances.

I almost broke my neck looking at your photos, lol.

10 weeks out and the buttocks are already grated, I do not know how some of you do, get in shape so fast. How long have you been on a diet?

Lol yeah I can’t figure out why it loads my photos that way, so annoying.

I start at 20 weeks out. I stay leaner in the offseason but believe a lot of it is due to metformin, gda use, and blood sugar as a whole for me. I tend to be more insulin resistant and have found just keeping my blood sugar in a good place has really helped me stay leaner, feel healthier, and get away with less stuff. I also do 2cc l carnitine year round.

You look great J. Looky at them striated glutes! Keep this updated as you get closer please.

I will my man. I just don’t want to make people be like oh great another post from Jblack lol.

Thank you for taking care of me over the few years man.

your legs definitely look a lot bigger. Impressive for anyone, but even more given your circumstances.

I really believe I have improved them to where they aren’t an eye sore or you don’t immediately go shit what’s wrong w his legs they don’t match. I quit squatting and went 3 days a week legs with lots of focus on tempos and intensifiers such as muscle rounds that Scott utilizes in Fortitude training.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to share with my PM family my 10 week out photos from Nationals this year. I was 170.8 in these photos. I have spent since JR Nats 2016 where I took 2nd in lightweight, working on my legs more and my back. Luckily no significant fractures or anything has held my training up so far and I feel I have made some steady improvements. I am aiming for lightweight again since I was 153 last time with 2 meals and 1/2 gallon water. I put, what I feel is a few good pounds since JR Nats.

Are you worried about loosing body parts going down 20 lbs from here? You're already striated glutes. You look short so your muscle to height ratio might be fine for middles even if you're at say 163-165 rather than flat and lost legs at 153. Just my uneducated 2 cents.

I still have some more to go. I naturally carry little fat there. It is common for those of us with my bone disease to carry little to no fat on our lower extremeities or tons of fat. There seems to be no difference. I am not concerned. My coach and i have been together 5+ years now and I trust his plan.

Lol yeah I can’t figure out why it loads my photos that way, so annoying.

I start at 20 weeks out. I stay leaner in the offseason but believe a lot of it is due to metformin, gda use, and blood sugar as a whole for me. I tend to be more insulin resistant and have found just keeping my blood sugar in a good place has really helped me stay leaner, feel healthier, and get away with less stuff. I also do 2cc l carnitine year round.

You do a lot of cardio? What is GDA?

You do a lot of cardio? What is GDA?

I actually for the last 3 years plus have done 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. I have a recumbent bike in my garage and use that time to read since I do LISS where my HR is 113-122 or so. Reading on the bike allows me to keep it in this range. Currently, my cardio is 40 mins 6 days a week.

GDA is glucose disposal agents. I use Matador and GDA MAX. SlinMax is good as well I have found. I take them any time I might have more than 30g of carbs or so. I always take one with my ZMA before bed to help clear glucose out of my bloodstream that when I do wake up and hit my fasted cardio, I can dip into fat burning faster. My BG upon waking is normally 68-78 pretty consistently and has been for a while now too.

I actually for the last 3 years plus have done 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. I have a recumbent bike in my garage and use that time to read since I do LISS where my HR is 113-122 or so. Reading on the bike allows me to keep it in this range. Currently, my cardio is 40 mins 6 days a week.

GDA is glucose disposal agents. I use Matador and GDA MAX. SlinMax is good as well I have found. I take them any time I might have more than 30g of carbs or so. I always take one with my ZMA before bed to help clear glucose out of my bloodstream that when I do wake up and hit my fasted cardio, I can dip into fat burning faster. My BG upon waking is normally 68-78 pretty consistently and has been for a while now too.

Excellent post, bro.

Then you have the habit of doing cardio all year round, so you do not suffer when you have to add a few minutes in your cut period.

From what I see, GDA are medications/supplements similar to metformin. You do not use chromium? I have a lot, but I do not know how to use it or if it is really effective. Sometimes I use metformin, but I prefer not to have carbs and so I do not have to take it, it's not good for my stomach and for 2 or 3 days, I feel that my intestinal flora changes.

Excellent post, bro.

Then you have the habit of doing cardio all year round, so you do not suffer when you have to add a few minutes in your cut period.

From what I see, GDA are medications/supplements similar to metformin. You do not use chromium? I have a lot, but I do not know how to use it or if it is really effective. Sometimes I use metformin, but I prefer not to have carbs and so I do not have to take it, it's not good for my stomach and for 2 or 3 days, I feel that my intestinal flora changes.

The product I use (GDA MAX) has chromium in it. It is a blend of various GDAs. I have really enjoyed it the most, but also do like Matador as well. I take metformin 500mg 30minutes before my 1st meal. I take it with a greens product and EAA's. I typically fast 11.5-12 hours before I have this drink. Oddly, I never have had any issues with Metformin in regards to my gut. Interesting there are a few articles on Metformin altering gut flora. One is below.

https://www.endocrineweb.com/profes...ters-microbiota-improving-insulin-sensitivity

I hope this photo loads correctly. It is a screenshot from my social with my recent 4-year progress from 2014 to 2018.

Attachments

• 34BF5F85-8A07-46AA-BE5A-CA718DA64BAC.jpg
    34BF5F85-8A07-46AA-BE5A-CA718DA64BAC.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 165
I suggest the position of the arms of your 2014 image.

Great improvement in legs and lats! :headbang:

I hope this photo loads correctly. It is a screenshot from my social with my recent 4-year progress from 2014 to 2018.

Tattoo gains, beard gains and muscle gains. Can’t beat that!

Lol. Good work, JB.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity