advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10 Year Old Girl Sets World Record Squat In All Ages Meet!

Wow, that's awesome!

Her name is Naomi Kutin, she's 10 years old, in the 5th grade, and she competed in an all ages event! She is 4'8" and lifts in the 97lb division. She did a raw squat of 215lbs. The old record was 209lbs, set by a 44 year old European woman!!

Here's the story:

10-year-old Naomi Kutin sets women

Strong girl. Congrats to her.

Very impressive! Im for it as long as she is doing it because she wants to and if the parents are overseeing it so that she doesnt hurt herself. Should be interesting to see if she sticks with it the rest of her life.

Every once in awile you see someone that is a freak of strength. One night at the gym I saw a young asian gril in her mid 20s squat 185 lbs for about 8-10 reps or so easily and with VERY strict form, evey rep would have counted in a contest. I looked at her like she was nuts before she unracked the weight but then when she started squating it my jaw just dropped. She was very small too as Asian women usually go, she was 5 foot tall at best and probably weighed about 105 lbs or so. Really quite thin. Oh, and that was with wearing nothing but a bodybuilding style belt (not even a powerlifting style).

Last edited:
I wish I would of had someone get me started that young. Very impressive. As long as she wants to do it then I see no problem. She might get injured. But that's a chance every powerlifter takes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I wish I would of had someone get me started that young. Very impressive. As long as she wants to do it then I see no problem. She might get injured. But that's a chance every powerlifter takes.

Yeah, personally though I wouldnt let my kid powerlift that young because I would worry about damaging a growth plate or something. To me doing a typical high volume bodybuilding style workout would be safer.

Ur probably right. But at least she will hopefully learn a good work ethic and discipline from it. What I think alot of kids are lacking. Even ones my age.

Ur probably right. But at least she will hopefully learn a good work ethic and discipline from it. What I think alot of kids are lacking. Even ones my age.

I agree 100% here. I think any strength sport of body building will teach a person good work ethics and discipline that will hopefully transfer to other aspects of her life like academics. It also give you a great sense of pride to be able to change your body like that, to see the changes. I think overall its a positive experience for her life, although I still fear the injury thing with her doing 1 RMs and powerlifting workouts at such a young age. I would have her doing sets of 15-20 reps.

Atleast she isn't 75lbs overweight! I think it's awesome....:headbang:

There is no question that what she has done is very impressive and beats most odds. It is also nice that she is not obese etc. But from a medical prospective there is no fucking way i would let me 10yo son or daughter lift heavy weights like that? For what? It doesnt accomplish anything besides stunting their growth at the very least besides exposing them to serious injury when their musculoskeletal system is not even fully matured yet. They can stay healthy doing other sports such as swimming, soccer etc. IMHO that is irresponsible parenting right there.

There is no question that what she has done is very impressive and beats most odds. It is also nice that she is not obese etc. But from a medical prospective there is no fucking way i would let me 10yo son or daughter lift heavy weights like that? For what? It doesnt accomplish anything besides stunting their growth at the very least besides exposing them to serious injury when their musculoskeletal system is not even fully matured yet. They can stay healthy doing other sports such as swimming, soccer etc. IMHO that is irresponsible parenting right there.

Serious question here Dr Alpha...Is it really that bad? As children we ran hard. Feet smashing into the ground, knees absorbing crushing force from jumping off of things. We rode our bikes, and went off of jumps...Some big, some small...Accidents on our bikes or just riding for hours on end. Kids play pee wee football...Smashing into one another. They do martial arts. Is weightlifting in a controlled setting, in a weight progressive manner, really going to inflict that much injury to the body versus the regular ware and tare a child puts on their body already? Honestly, my initial reaction is the same as yours! Then I thought about it and just wondered if it really is that bad. Time for me to research and let science tell me the answer!!

Serious question here Dr Alpha...Is it really that bad? As children we ran hard. Feet smashing into the ground, knees absorbing crushing force from jumping off of things. We rode our bikes, and went off of jumps...Some big, some small...Accidents on our bikes or just riding for hours on end. Kids play pee wee football...Smashing into one another. They do martial arts. Is weightlifting in a controlled setting, in a weight progressive manner, really going to inflict that much injury to the body versus the regular ware and tare a child puts on their body already? Honestly, my initial reaction is the same as yours! Then I thought about it and just wondered if it really is that bad. Time for me to research and let science tell me the answer!!

You literally took the words right out of my mouth...

One thing I do know, is this little girl loved what she was doing.
The intensity she had prior to lifting was second to none.
Then when she finished a lift it was so awesome to see her
happiness.
Her parents definatly didnt seem overbearing, but very supportive of her
lifting.
This little girl is gifted, and I personally hope she keeps up her
lifting, if she so desires.

On a side note, as she was preparing for her second squat attemt
she walked by me, and was growling, and had fire in her eyes.
I was like oh hell !!!!

It is a very good question. But yes weight lifting is that much worse. a 50lb pound kid falling and running into each other with full gear and the nominal speeds dont USUALLY cause serious issues. Obviously even within those fields i am seeing kids younger and younger with ACL and medial meniscus tears on a weekly basis. You cant compare high impact exercise when using your own body weight to a 10yo squatting 200lbs. The effects on the spine specifically with such exercise that is meant to be so repetitive has major issues.

We know for sure that if anything resistant type training if nothing causes early calcification of long bones and will stunt growth. I am a prime example of that shit. My father is 5'8", my younger brother is 5'8", most men in my family are ~5'8" and my dumb ass started lifting weights at 14 and i grew to 5'5". I have several ortho surgeons as friends and when we work out they never ever squat or do dead lifts. When they see others do it, they laugh and joke to say that is their bread maker right there. We have grown ass men with much stronger skeletal structures that injure, rupture and tear dics, knees all the time with one small movement during these exercises. You expect a child to do any better?

The question you really have to ask is why? Weight lifting is not like tennis, golf that if you start them at 5yo, they have significant advantages. I could have started my weight lifting at 18-19 and would fare no worse than i am doing now minus maybe a couple of inches taller. Many guys here were twiggs between 18-20 and are monsters now. So there is no need to start weight lifting at 10yo.

Last edited:
It is a very good question. But yes weight lifting is that much worse. a 50lb pound kid falling and running into each other with full gear and the nominal speeds dont USUALLY cause serious issues. Obviously even within those fields i am seeing kids younger and younger with ACL and medial meniscus tears on a weekly basis. You cant compare high impact exercise when using your own body weight to a 10yo squatting 200lbs. The effects on the spine specifically with such exercise that is meant to be so repetitive has major issues.

We know for sure that if anything resistant type training if nothing causes early calcification of long bones and will stunt growth. I am a prime example of that shit. My father is 5'8", my younger brother is 5'8", most men in my family are ~5'8" and my dumb ass started lifting weights at 14 and i grew to 5'5". I have several ortho surgeons as friends and when we work out they never ever squat or do dead lifts. When they see others do it, they laugh and joke to say that is their bread maker right there. We have grown ass men with much stronger skeletal structures that injure, rupture and tear dics, knees all the time with one small movement during these exercises. You expect a child to do any better?

The question you really have to ask is why? Weight lifting is not like tennis, golf that if you start them at 5yo, they have significant advantages. I could have started my weight lifting at 18-19 and would fare no worse than i am doing now minus maybe a couple of inches taller. Many guys here were twiggs between 18-20 and are monsters now. So there is no need to start weight lifting at 10yo.

Thank you Alpha...Good points. So it's a proven fact that weight lifting causes early calcification of long bones and will stunt growth? I've read different theories on this over the years. Again, time to research some more!!

Hey Alpha, have you ever posted pics of yourself (besides your avatar)? If not, you should! I would nominate you for member of the month due to your contributions here!!...A posted picture is one of the prerequisites for this honor!!

Thank you Alpha...Good points. So it's a proven fact that weight lifting causes early calcification of long bones and will stunt growth? I've read different theories on this over the years. Again, time to research some more!!

Hey Alpha, have you ever posted pics of yourself (besides your avatar)? If not, you should! I would nominate you for member of the month due to your contributions here!!...A posted picture is one of the prerequisites for this honor!!

Long bones grow from the ends and not the center. These growth plates are fragile in a sense that micro fractrues (not seen by xrays etc) will misalign them and causes them to stop growth. When growth halts, calcification sets in. Repetitive, high resistance type exercises can do that. Believe it or not, even high level gymnasts suffer the same consequence. Look at every male and female gymnast and they are significantly under the curve for their age and height. The repetitive jumping hundreds of times a day acts the same way as damaging the growth plates.

At least in gymnastics, one can say that you have to start young. You really cant start gymnastics at 19 and become good by any means. But there is no reason why a 10yo should lift weights. They can start at 18+ and reach same success. Just my 2 cents :)

I have never posted a picture of myself minus my avatar. My pic is really not worthy to be on PM :) I am 5'5" and 175lbs. Now if i was 220 and 5'5" that pic would be everwhere lol. Although i work out to stay in shape, lean and stay healthy. I really dont want to be bigger (if i can even use that word) than i am cause it makes me look even shorter :banghead:

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic