over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

100 rep leg exercise

PeterBobJohn

Registered
Planning on shocking the leg muscles tonight with a 100 rep leg extension routine.
I workout utilizing the theory that growth is caused by the muscles being exposed to different "environments".
Just throwing this out there

Planning on shocking the leg muscles tonight with a 100 rep leg extension routine.
I workout utilizing the theory that growth is caused by the muscles being exposed to different "environments".
Just throwing this out there

man.... i don't think that will work like you want it too. its too much. you will likely get VERY sore buti think somewhere during those 100 reps you will hit a point of dimminnishing returns.

logic suggests heavier weight and less reps will build the muscle and allow recovery time as well.
on the other hand itws always fun to try new stuff! have a bucket near by to hurl in!:D
-JS

man.... i don't think that will work like you want it too. its too much. you will likely get VERY sore buti think somewhere during those 100 reps you will hit a point of dimminnishing returns.

logic suggests heavier weight and less reps will build the muscle and allow recovery time as well.
on the other hand itws always fun to try new stuff! have a bucket near by to hurl in!:D
-JS

It may be fun but you raise a valid point regarding diminishing returns and I would hate to do 100 reps of extensions and thats it and actually do too much in reality.

i know of one exercise on the leg press,u do 1 plat on each side for 10 reps,2 for 20,3 for 30 and so on,i seen one of the pro do it,says to do it on the end of a leg work out,once a month or 2

i know of one exercise on the leg press,u do 1 plat on each side for 10 reps,2 for 20,3 for 30 and so on,i seen one of the pro do it,says to do it on the end of a leg work out,once a month or 2

Interesting and you also warm up as you go along so you will limit the potential for injury
I may do it right off the bat after a quick stretch and 5 min of cardio

Just Wasting Your Time Bro

Why not do 100 reps at squats, not leg extensions....they are one of the biggest time wasting exercises at the gym, generally used by the guys who simply avoid squating (heavy to an appropriate depth that is).
If you want to build leg muscle just squat, forget about leg extensions.
Or as even better variant of the 100 rep squat routine, go to a managable light squat weight of say 225lbs, squat for 20 reps, rest 30s, squat for as many reps as possible, rest for 30s and continue to repeat....eventually you will only be able to manage 1 rep at 225lbs, that's when you stop and that's when you know you've had a decent leg workout (as an occassional substitute to heavy squating).

Why not do 100 reps at squats, not leg extensions....they are one of the biggest time wasting exercises at the gym, generally used by the guys who simply avoid squating (heavy to an appropriate depth that is).
Or as even better variant of the 100 rep squat routine, go to a managable light squat weight of say 225lbs, squat for 20 reps, rest 30s, squat for as many reps as possible, rest for 30s and continue to repeat....eventually you will only be able to manage 1 rep at 225lbs, that's when you stop and that's when you know you've had a decent leg workout (as an occassional substitute to heavy squating).

I am going to do the leg press routine suggested, i.e. 1 plate for 10; 2 plates for 20; 3 plates for 30, etc. and see what happens
that will be first, if I bust my workout nut after 4 plates for 40 then so be it

think i will try this for a squat variation

Interesting and you also warm up as you go along so you will limit the potential for injury
I may do it right off the bat after a quick stretch and 5 min of cardio

yes the pro faud aboud i think,his names something like that,yes he said to do it at the end of a leg work out,once every month or 2,u DO NOT DO IT EVERYWEEK,HE SAID UR BOUND TO GAIN MUSCLE like that,but i get all my info from CUTLER,thats cause iam from mass and he is to but thats it

YOU are full of shit

:headbang:

I do them all the time. I think they're fun to do once in a while. Nothing wrong with doing them on occasion.

just did 100 rep scenario on my chest shoulder day yest, was killer sore at the end but today im doing well, i may do this for a while as i need to take a break from heavy as im having severe elbow issues

frk

never made it to the gym, my 15 year old fell off the back of a pickup truck and cracked open his head, he is fine, 3 hours later after tests, ct scans, etc.
So tonight I will try this again.
By the way, nurses are hot!!

?????? Fuck it, why bother:rolleyes:

QUOTE=oldfella;829319]?????? Fuck it, why bother:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat: Hahahahahahahahaha

Let me guess... lots of time on BB.com right?

Going to try this tonight.
I realize this is an old post but I am going through them all and seeing where I failed to respond.

Vince Taylor did 100 rep leg presses. It would something good for the ultimate pump.

Vince Taylor did 100 rep leg presses. It would something good for the ultimate pump.

I am going to do 3 plates for 10, 4 for 10, 5 for 10, 6 for 10 and up to 10 on each side.

You could try extensions as a Widowmaker set at the end of your leg routine, but 100 reps does seem a bit excessive.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member