over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

100 reps

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
Has anyone tried the 100 rep method for a muscle shock? I read about it awhile back and now it is in the new MF so I was thinking of trying for a change of pack. I have to say I did legs yesterday and tried the 100 reps on Squats, hack squats and straight legs and pretty sore but not as bad as I thought. The biggest thing it truly works your cardio if you do it right....

BIgMan, 100 reps is way way overkill IMO. 100 reps on squats :eek: I would have 911 on speed dial if I was doing that! lol

I do 100 rep sets all the time for the smaller muscle groups.....bis, tris, delts, calves also traps......i love them

DC advocates a 100rep set from time to time for legs, and if done properly you feel it. Take the leg press put 45's on each side and do it SLOW up and down for 100 straight reps. You'll feel it for sure and it's not overkill it's shock and it's what a muscle needs from time to time to grow or blast through a platue

Wow, thats pretty interesting. I definately might give it a go sometime.

i've tried this for legs, but i always get too winded before i feel it in the legs......its more like cardio for me then anything else.......i just seem to always have to go really heavy to feel anything in my legs

I live on the fourth floor of a walkup so I figure thats like 100 rep lunges everyday somtimes twice a day

100 reps hmm yeah thats definately on the cardio side but its not going to hurt so if your bored and want to do something different try it

I mean think pushups because thats about what your going to be benching in the 100 rep range

Of course people can and do get strong from lots of push ups

But for me push ups are not as fun as low rep presses

This is pretty much intended for legs I believe. If your getting winded, then your doing them to fast. Yes it is intense but there is no reason someone shouldn't beable to get throughit.

Armageddon said:
DC advocates a 100rep set from time to time for legs, and if done properly you feel it.

actually 50 reps and only on the leg press nothing else

100 rep sets sound like good cardio lol....Now if you are doing 50 rep sets with good form with consecutive reps then why would you need a 100 rep set?

I read about the 100 rep training in MF this month, I added it in as a final workout for the week, basiacally do the whole body but only a couple exercises each muscle group, I think it works well to complement a good heavy lifting program, the rest of my workouts are HIT type training

i read some were that tom platz put moderate weight on squats and kept sqauting for 10 minutes every other leg day that would have to be more than 100 reps or close to it

ok my legs were very sore the second day, i8 have to say i liked it. I have not felt a real soreness for awhile so it was a nice change. I did chest today but did not try the 100 reps program due to being a little worried for my shoulder. I just started aflutop so hopefully the nagging shoulder will be a no issue soon

Great. Now all the New Year's Resolutioners who bought M&F will be hogging all the machines doing 100 rep sets.:mad: ;)

PassionateBB said:
Great. Now all the New Year's Resolutioners who bought M&F will be hogging all the machines doing 100 rep sets.:mad: ;)

:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity