over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

10x3

For PLing it’s good. For hypertrophy, you could do cluster sets of 3s. 3 reps, 30 seconds, 3 reps.......

But racking and re racking is annoying 10 times. Good for deadlift though.

I've done 8x3 at 80% of max with 60 seconds rest between sets. I enjoyed it.

I've tried a similar workout. Good for increasing strength on lifts. The key to these types of workouts is sticking to the strict rest times and picking a weight that works throughout the sets.

I would be interested to see opinion on that vs 5x5. I did a lot of 5x5 programs and picked up a lot of strength.

i prefer the GVT of 10 x 5r, 90 sec rest at 85% of my 1 max rep. goos size and strength, pretty brutal when done correctly.

I love it and genuinely incorporate some form of that. Usually on my first exercise I’ll do 6-9 sets of ~3-4 reps for a total of 30 reps.

It’s been a savior for my joints which is the opposite of what people think and it’s because form is key. When I do it with squats I’m doing paused squats. Same with incline barbell...a full blown, 1 second pause on my chest. Literally every ache and pain is gone. Plus, that is PLENTY of volume for hypertrophy. It does take longer though and no way around that.

Also, remember, it will be heavy bit it’s not like doing 1-3 sets of a 3 rep max. You are doing three reps for 10 sets at a weight you can pause and completely control.

Time is the biggest issue with this style, IMO.

Iron addict Wesley silvera has some interesting takes on this program

I love it and genuinely incorporate some form of that. Usually on my first exercise I’ll do 6-9 sets of ~3-4 reps for a total of 30 reps.

It’s been a savior for my joints which is the opposite of what people think and it’s because form is key. When I do it with squats I’m doing paused squats. Same with incline barbell...a full blown, 1 second pause on my chest. Literally every ache and pain is gone. Plus, that is PLENTY of volume for hypertrophy. It does take longer though and no way around that.

Also, remember, it will be heavy bit it’s not like doing 1-3 sets of a 3 rep max. You are doing three reps for 10 sets at a weight you can pause and completely control.

Time is the biggest issue with this style, IMO.

Im going to guess then that it is a weight you can handle for 3 reps on your 10th set, where you are going to true failure? You keep the weight the same for each set,right? When I was doing 5x5, that how I did it. I would think then that the weight you are using here for 10x3 would be a similar weight to a 5x5, since you are having to do two times the number of sets? When doing the 5x5, sometimes I would fail on the 5th set and only get 4 reps.

When doing the 5x5, sometimes I would fail on the 5th set and only get 4 reps.

In principle, you should not get to the fault with this type of systems.

I also like this while coming back from injury. Like was said, using correct form, and correct weight is very comfortable but still making gains (At least for me during coming back phase)

Im going to guess then that it is a weight you can handle for 3 reps on your 10th set, where you are going to true failure? You keep the weight the same for each set,right? When I was doing 5x5, that how I did it. I would think then that the weight you are using here for 10x3 would be a similar weight to a 5x5, since you are having to do two times the number of sets? When doing the 5x5, sometimes I would fail on the 5th set and only get 4 reps.

I can usually go a bit heavier than on 5x5 as long as I take legit 3-4 minutes between sets. But as you can see the math adds up to 10x3 easily taking a full 30-40 minutes just to do that. Of course, if you pick the proper weight for the job you are not going to be doing a whole lot after 10x3 on front squats or dead’s, pendlay rows etc

In principle, you should not get to the fault with this type of systems.

Great point! I work the 10x3 so I never go to failure. It would crush recovery. Don’t get me wrong it’s VERY hard at the end but I pick a weight I can for sure get 7x3 and if I can’t get the 3 I’m done. I don’t grind them or go to failure.

This week I did 495 for 7 sets of a good 3 rep. On set 8 the 2nd rep was a little “eh” so that’s it. I stopped and game over.

You also have to be careful what exercise you pick. For instance, I would not do front squats and deadlifts. That would be brutal for lower back. Right now I do deadlifta one day and back squats the other. Then after so many weeks I’ll do front squats and no dead’s but pendlay rows instead.

It can be a great system if you have time but it can also crush recovery if you are not careful.

Iron addict Wesley silvera has some interesting takes on this program
He actully had me on that program when i was working with him back in the day.Made very good gains overall .Sadly he passed away.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Just did this the other day for dead’s as part of John meadow’s gamma bomb program. I went into it thinking I wouldn’t like it, but it was pretty good. A lot of volume considering the load on the bar, also he had the rest time at 30 secs for the first 5 sets and 60 secs for the last five.

Great point! I work the 10x3 so I never go to failure. It would crush recovery. Don’t get me wrong it’s VERY hard at the end but I pick a weight I can for sure get 7x3 and if I can’t get the 3 I’m done. I don’t grind them or go to failure.

This week I did 495 for 7 sets of a good 3 rep. On set 8 the 2nd rep was a little “eh” so that’s it. I stopped and game over.

You also have to be careful what exercise you pick. For instance, I would not do front squats and deadlifts. That would be brutal for lower back. Right now I do deadlifta one day and back squats the other. Then after so many weeks I’ll do front squats and no dead’s but pendlay rows instead.

It can be a great system if you have time but it can also crush recovery if you are not careful.

You know how to use this system and also know how to listen to your body.

Definitely the lower back suffers with so much squat, front squat, deadlift, rack pull ...

You know how to use this system and also know how to listen to your body.

Definitely the lower back suffers with so much squat, front squat, deadlift, rack pull ...

Bentover barbell rows toast the lower back too. That used to be the icing on the cake for me. Sometimes id have to stop doing them and go to a machine instead. I did better only doing deadlifts EOW.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear