over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

$120,000 Banana!

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Another artist walked up and ate it. Video is on the page if you go down. Some fool paid $120,000 for the banana, not sure if they also got some other art with it. The artist that put the banana up on the wall said that he was ok with the other artist eating it because the banana could be replaced with a new one and it wasn't made to last. I cant believe sometimes what qualifies as art these days.

Yes, Art Basel is going on right now here in Miami... It’s fucking pathetic and I never go anymore because of bullshit like this.. It’s so ridiculous, it gets me fired up ANGRY! Art has become so pretentious. I remember the last time I went to the event a few years ago there was a part of the gallery that was just some wire and tennis balls on the floor... WTF?! Thank god the tickets were free to the event (my mom works in public relations so I get tickets to different events all the time) but there’s people who actually pay good money to see this and as you can see, good money to buy this stupid shit!

I’ve traveled to quite a few places in this world and REAL art just makes your jaw drop.. I remember when I saw the Moses statue by Michelangelo in person and I was mind blown, THAT is art... He must be turning in his grave with the bullshit we see today...

Yeah, I was in Italy this summer and saw most of their priceless art. It really is an amazing feeling seeing it in person. A lot of modern art I just don't appreciate.

We were at the most impressive art museum in Rome and there was a room devoted to some modern artist. I kid you not, some of the pieces hanging on the wall were molds made of someone's cock. Several of them. We had a tour guide devoted to just our family and I asked her about it. She just shook her head.

come on now...
if they were really serious about there "modern art" dude would shit n box n give it back to the buyer...
keep the change! lol

come on now...
if they were really serious about there "modern art" dude would shit n box n give it back to the buyer...
keep the change! lol
Well, that and the banana are both biodegradable and so should keep the green people happy!

jokes aside, its money laundering
I figure it was probably some kind of fund raiser maybe. Money going to the art gallery where it was shown or some sort of benefit to the arts.

jokes aside, its money laundering
I figure it was probably some kind of fund raiser maybe. Money going to the art gallery where it was shown or some sort of benefit to the arts.
correct
it was a donation. its not about the banana. its not about this "art" piece. which we can all agree isnt art, nor was the performance art of the the "eating" of said artwork. what it did to was bring attention. 120k for a painting, no press right?

Yeah, I was in Italy this summer and saw most of their priceless art. It really is an amazing feeling seeing it in person. A lot of modern art I just don't appreciate.

We were at the most impressive art museum in Rome and there was a room devoted to some modern artist. I kid you not, some of the pieces hanging on the wall were molds made of someone's cock. Several of them. We had a tour guide devoted to just our family and I asked her about it. She just shook her head.
Quite a lot of modern art is a result of the post modernist perspective that reality is subjective. Following that logic literally anything can qualify as art since anyones perspective or interpretation is considered legitimate (according to that school of thought) Realistically Their is subjective truth and most rational people understand this and see this shitty display of elitist art snobbery as ridiculous pretentious people reinforcing their delusions of individual reality. Makes me sick! This kind of shit bleeds over into all kinds of areas in our world. I am a teacher and I see it in school more and more often. Think about it: When was the last time you heard someone say something like "my truth"? The reality is simply that their is objective truth and everything else is someones individual opinion.:cool:

Art is something i've never truly had much of an interest in but I am certainly tell the difference between what is and is not art. And a bannana on a wall is certainly not art.

I have built up more appreciation for art as I age. Interests shift, that's for sure.

120k banana is chump change to a 2m bottle of whiskey and they auctioned off two.

120k banana is chump change to a 2m bottle of whiskey and they auctioned off two.

This you mean? IMO that's something a bit different because you're actually getting something with value, the whiskey. Now if it were empty bottles, then that would be nuts. I think there have been bottles of wine sell for more!

Wow read this tale about what happened to a rare bottle of vodka! Thieves must not have known what it was worth.

"
If the new buyer chooses to preserve the bottle untouched, the fate of the world’s most expensive bottle of vodka serves as a cautionary tale.
The gold and silver bottle, with its diamond-encrusted cap, which was said to be worth $1.3 million, was stolen from a bar in Copenhagen in January.
After days of searching, the police found the bottle dented — and empty."

This you mean? IMO that's something a bit different because you're actually getting something with value, the whiskey. Now if it were empty bottles, then that would be nuts. I think there have been bottles of wine sell for more!
Probably but I thought I read 2.1m as the number. Insane no matter but if you got the cash to blow, good for you.

The 30-40s year Macallans we sell for around 36k an up. It’s harder to get them from the supplier than it is to sell them. You would be shocked how many people are willing to swipe the black card. I got a call from a manger of a huge grocery chain (buys the most wine in the is)saying he has a guy here that wants a case. I called bullshit and drove over to see if the guy was just mixing up the years.

The customer wasn’t mistaken, called the boss and they personally had to pull the bottles from 2 different warehouses in the state and drive them down. I would never treat a customer with this terrible service lol but ask the store manager if he wanted to take deposit he said No also. Told the customer I’d have them in the store tomorrow. Sure enough the guy came back and just swiped the card and threw it in the trunk and drove away.

I asked him if he was looking for these bottles and just decided to ask out of luck, or was he told to come here because of the buying relationship power, or what???? With his 100k watch but his $5 sweat pants and wht tee said nahh just having a annual party with friends. He said he has a “wine buyer” “or whatever the fancy word he calls himself hahaha” for the hard to get stuff. So clearly the guy doesn’t give a fuck about the quality of what he’s drinking just the price on it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws