over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

122 Years old!!

BigNShredded

Banned
"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food[4] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram of chocolate every week.[11]"

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not trying to be a smart ass but what's this got to do with bodybuilding? She doesnt take HGH. How can bodybuilders lived up to 122?

Not trying to be a smart ass but what's this got to do with bodybuilding? She doesnt take HGH. How can bodybuilders lived up to 122?

As bodybuilders trying to extend our lifespans, we can learn a TON from this woman. I find it VERY INTERESTING that she poured OLIVE OIL on all of her food and even skin, and drank lots of port wine and chocolate. I figured that other bodybuilders would be fascinated as well, that's why I chose to highlight her diet in the opening post.

Last edited:
Are you sure he is alive in that 122th bday pic?

Jokes aside that is a remarkable thing. The most common things I read about people who live very old are...

very small
olive olive
mediterranean diet (lots of fish, olive oil, olives, vegetables/grrens and fruit etc)

Sure there are many exceptions but they come up alot.

As bodybuilders trying to extend our age, we can learn a TON from this woman. I find it VERY INTERESTING that she poured OLIVE OIL on all of her food and even skin, and drank lots of port wine and chocolate. I figured that other bodybuilders would be fascinated as well, that's why I chose to highlight her diet in the opening post.

Agreed with the above...

I wish there was a long term study on how the above diet effected her longevity.

As bodybuilders trying to extend our age, we can learn a TON from this woman. I find it VERY INTERESTING that she poured OLIVE OIL on all of her food and even skin, and drank lots of port wine and chocolate. I figured that other bodybuilders would be fascinated as well, that's why I chose to highlight her diet in the opening post.

she also didnt take steroids and HGH :D

So olive oil, chocolates, Port Wine, is the key to longevity? Dont forget in her days they didnt have alot of process food and chemicals and preservative and shit, not much pollution too in the sea. It may work for her but maybe not for you or me. What about other cultures who lived to 115 years old. There diet is so much different to the woman who lives 122.

So olive oil, chocolates, Port Wine, is the key to longevity? Dont forget in her days they didnt have alot of process food and chemicals and preservative and shit, not much pollution too in the sea. It may work for her but maybe not for you or me. What about other cultures who lived to 115 years old. There diet is so much different to the woman who lives 122.

LOL I'm not AT ALL saying that the SOLE reason for her longevity was OLIVE OIL and CHOCOLATE, but it certainly deserves investigating! :)

LOL I'm not AT ALL saying that the SOLE reason for her longevity was OLIVE OIL and CHOCOLATE, but it certainly deserves investigating! :)

Wow caps lock at a mod!! Cat got your tongue :p your busted! not good enough for an answer hehehe

Live longer with monounsaturated fatty acids

Live longer with monounsaturated fatty acids

If you want to make your stay on this planet as long as possible, you'd do well to get as many of your fats as you can from olive oil, avocados and nuts. These products are the best sources of monounsaturated fatty acids. According to a 2005 epidemiological longevity study, a high intake of these fatty acids prolongs lifespan.

The study we're writing about was published in Experimental Gerontology. Researchers at the University of Bari monitored 278 healthy Italians aged between 65 and 84, from the beginning of the 1990s to the start of the 21st century. During this period they tried to work out which dietary patterns reduce the chance of mortality.

The results were sobering. Proteins, carbohydrates, fibre, 'bad' saturated fatty acids [SFA] – none of these had any effect on mortality. The researchers found only two factors that did have an effect: the intake of monounsaturated fatty acids [MUFA] and the ratio unsaturated fatty acids: saturated fatty acids [UFA/SFA].

The latter was not strong, the first was convincing, so the Italians lived longer the more unsaturated fatty acids they consumed. It's easier to optimise your balance by cutting out ready-made products from your diet: their fatty acid composition is unhealthy. Meat fat and milk fat are less risky. Although they contain high amounts of saturated fatty acids, they also contain high amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids. But plant-based sources of fat such as nuts, olives and seeds have the best fatty acid composition.

The Italian study confirms the conclusions of animal studies on the relationship between fatty acid composition and life expectancy. In 2011 researchers at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Austria published the results of just such a study. [J Comp Physiol B. 2011 Feb; 181(2): 289-98.] The figure reproduced below comes from this study.

The Austrian study also showed that a diet high in n-3 or n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids had virtually no effect on the lifespan of mice. What did have an effect was the concentration of monounsaturated fatty acids in the cell membranes.

Source:
Exp Gerontol. 2005 Apr;40(4):335-43.

Last edited:
Want to know something very interesting though... most of the oldest ever people live in the us... yes really :eek:

The top 10 of all time are all women. Although men aren't too far behind. Whats even more interesting though most of the oldest living people now are Japanese. Many aren't far from the top 10 so I foresee many of them taking top spots.

We can speculate all day but fact is most of them eat all different things. Some drank lots of alcohol etc. It's just one of those things.

But the biggest factors to me are being small in stature. That is no.1 always. Then diet is very important... as I stated eating plenty of fish and other good fats is only gonna help you. The Japanese live on fish and rice (generalizing)... although they are increasingly becoming westernized in many aspects.

There are som many good looking 70-100 year olds in places like Greece, Italy etc. Again if you watch most Greek people eat they cover everything with olive oil (generalizing again). When I am eating well I go through a bottle a week to myself. I miss my Greek friends... sadly they moved back to Greece.

Perfect example of the French paradox... "Unhealthy diet, but low occurrence of cardiovascular disease"

As far as I'm aware, the French don't typically ascribe to the "Mediterranean Diet" per se, but rather consume red meats, rich and creamy sauces, and cheeses.

I think this is where the compounds in red wines gained a lot of interest, as in addition to the aforementioned foods, it was found that wine consumption was generally higher too.

She might have eaten Mediterranean or not, but the olive oil is a large component.

Last edited:
For instance, take a look at Japanese Diet.

A recent statistic in the World Bank Group states that the Japanese have the longest lifespan in the world. Japanese men live be 78 years old on average while the average lifespan of a Japanese woman is 85. How do the Japanese do it? After personally experiencing the Japanese lifestyle in Tokyo for five years, I learned a little about why Japanese people live so long and will share a few of their secrets.

Part 1: It’s All in the Food
The Japanese diet does not center on delicacies eaten solely for taste. In fact, most dishes are consumed based on the health benefits people gain from them. Conscious decisions are based on ‘What would be good for me?’ as opposed to ‘What do I feel like eating?’ This leads one to contemplate what is the diet for the average Japanese person and what are their secrets?
•Secret #1: Eating fish instead of red meat lowers the risk of heart attacks.
For a source of protein, fish is a common staple in most meals. Red meat is significantly more expensive and less frequently consumed. Fish is healthier and the fresher it is the better. Keep in mind that not all fish in Japan is consumed raw, there are many ways that fish is prepared (grilled, baked, fried, poached, etc) and served. Furthermore, Japanese women believe that the skin on fish helps bring out the natural beauty of their skin and improves their complexion.
•Secret #2: Soy products help reduce heart disease and high blood pressure and are a great source of protein. Tofu and soy products are also staples in the Japanese diet. Considering that saturated fats from meat and dairy products increase cholesterol, it is encouraging to know that foods derived from plants such as soy actually have the opposite effect. Soybeans provide adequate protein without the saturated fat and cholesterol of meats and high-fat dairy. Soy sauce, tofu, and natto (soy beans mixed with raw egg served over rice) are a few examples of soy products consumed daily.
•Secret #3: Wheat and buckwheat flour helps in the digestive process. The consumption of starches is at a minimum and usually contains no white flour. Japanese noodles are made from wheat flour or buckwheat flour. Both are significantly healthier than enriched white flour. Rice is a staple in the diet but consists of a small bowl at meals. The significance is to cleanse the mouth when changing dishes. Rice will remove the flavor in one’s mouth much like cheese and crackers when sampling wines.
•Secret #4: Smaller portions reduce the opportunity for excessive eating.
Traditional Japanese meals are about half the regular portion of western dishes. Even though most dishes are viewed as healthy, portions are still relatively small.
•Secret #5: Oolong tea counter balances some of the effects unhealthy food has on the body.
•Finally, the consumption of Japanese green tea or Chinese oolong tea, served hot or cold, has numerous health benefits. Tea has half the caffeine of coffee. Oolong tea, in particular, helps to break up oil in the digestive system and is usually consumed at mealtime, particularly when fried or breaded foods are being served.
These five secrets help to explain why the Japanese are so healthy and have the longest life expectancy

Other people diet who lived over 100 -

Myrtle Jones, South Africa's Oldest Person (Age 111)
Myrtle Jones was South Africa’s oldest person when she died at age 111 (in 2009). She was born in 1897 in colonial Victoria and moved to South Africa in 1948. She had 27 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren and 7 great-great grandchildren. She loved to bake, never drove a car and lived independently until she was 109. Relatives talked about her sense of humor and good memory. She saw Halley’s Comet twice (in 1910 and 1986). Her advice, “An apple keeps the doctor away. An onion a day keeps the cold away.” She did not smoke or drink.

Busten Martin, World's Oldest Runner
Buster Martin, world’s oldest marathon runner. Buster Martin was born in 1906 and was training for marathons in 2008 (at the age of 102). He worked until age 97, retired and got a new job after a few years because he was bored in retirement. When he ran a half-marathon (at a record age) he finished in just over 5 hours (including a stop for a beer and a cigarette).

Methuselah
Methuselah is reported, in the Bible, to have lived 969 years. That is a rather extraordinary claim and would easily make Methuselah the longest lived person ever. Is there any truth to the 969 year claim? I won’t get into it, but there are a few theories that try to explain that number including some who think that people were counting months instead of years (making Methuselah 80 instead of 969) and that things (including God-granted longevity) were just different in Biblical times.

Beatrise Farve - Second Oldest Person (age 113)
Beatrice Farve held the title of “second oldest person in the world when she died in 2008 at the age of 113. She had lived in the same house since she was 21 (that’s 92 years). Her daughter described her as a “soft, smiling lady” who was healthy her whole life. She lived in Georgia, USA, and was selling beauty products at age 100. Known as “Mama B” she never took any medications and had no known health conditions. Her philosophy, according to her grandson, was “work hard and eat a good breakfast.” In her case, the breakfast consisted of fried bananas and bacon, daily.

Maria de Jesus - World's Oldest Person (age 115)
Maria de Jesus held the title of “world’s oldest person” in 2009 with an age of 115. She lived in Portugal and was born in 1893. She grew up poor and lost sight in one eye as a child. She worked in the fields at age 12, never learned to read (so much for the education – life expectancy link). At 57, she was widowed (and remained so for 58 more years). She has 6 children, 11 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. She was never sick and was not taking any medication.

Euphemia Cameron - Scotish Centenarian
Euphemia Cameron turned 100 in 2009. She lives in Dumfries, Scotland. She was a signaler during World War II as a member of the Woman’s Auxiliary Air Force (WAAF). She celebrated her 100th birthday by being pampered at the salon and says her longevity secret is “I just like to keep active. I don’t like to sit about, I keep myself busy. I don’t know what a hobby is – I’m far too busy!”

Gertrude Baines - World's Oldest Person (age 114 and counting)
Gertrude Baines is the current holder of the “world’s oldest person” title. She lives in Los Angeles in the United States. She was born in 1894. She voted for Barack Obama (see a video of her voting). She looks fantastic for 114 (in the video) and nothing like what you would expect for a 114 year old.

A famous Roman Emperor once said - “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”
― Marcus Aurelius

For instance, take a look at Japanese Diet.

A recent statistic in the World Bank Group states that the Japanese have the longest lifespan in the world. Japanese men live be 78 years old on average while the average lifespan of a Japanese woman is 85. How do the Japanese do it? After personally experiencing the Japanese lifestyle in Tokyo for five years, I learned a little about why Japanese people live so long and will share a few of their secrets.

Part 1: It’s All in the Food
The Japanese diet does not center on delicacies eaten solely for taste. In fact, most dishes are consumed based on the health benefits people gain from them. Conscious decisions are based on ‘What would be good for me?’ as opposed to ‘What do I feel like eating?’ This leads one to contemplate what is the diet for the average Japanese person and what are their secrets?
•Secret #1: Eating fish instead of red meat lowers the risk of heart attacks.
For a source of protein, fish is a common staple in most meals. Red meat is significantly more expensive and less frequently consumed. Fish is healthier and the fresher it is the better. Keep in mind that not all fish in Japan is consumed raw, there are many ways that fish is prepared (grilled, baked, fried, poached, etc) and served. Furthermore, Japanese women believe that the skin on fish helps bring out the natural beauty of their skin and improves their complexion.
•Secret #2: Soy products help reduce heart disease and high blood pressure and are a great source of protein. Tofu and soy products are also staples in the Japanese diet. Considering that saturated fats from meat and dairy products increase cholesterol, it is encouraging to know that foods derived from plants such as soy actually have the opposite effect. Soybeans provide adequate protein without the saturated fat and cholesterol of meats and high-fat dairy. Soy sauce, tofu, and natto (soy beans mixed with raw egg served over rice) are a few examples of soy products consumed daily.
•Secret #3: Wheat and buckwheat flour helps in the digestive process. The consumption of starches is at a minimum and usually contains no white flour. Japanese noodles are made from wheat flour or buckwheat flour. Both are significantly healthier than enriched white flour. Rice is a staple in the diet but consists of a small bowl at meals. The significance is to cleanse the mouth when changing dishes. Rice will remove the flavor in one’s mouth much like cheese and crackers when sampling wines.
•Secret #4: Smaller portions reduce the opportunity for excessive eating.
Traditional Japanese meals are about half the regular portion of western dishes. Even though most dishes are viewed as healthy, portions are still relatively small.
•Secret #5: Oolong tea counter balances some of the effects unhealthy food has on the body.
•Finally, the consumption of Japanese green tea or Chinese oolong tea, served hot or cold, has numerous health benefits. Tea has half the caffeine of coffee. Oolong tea, in particular, helps to break up oil in the digestive system and is usually consumed at mealtime, particularly when fried or breaded foods are being served.
These five secrets help to explain why the Japanese are so healthy and have the longest life expectancy

Great info. I should add again the fact many Japanese people are small in stature is a bigger reason than the above. But those reasons are why they live so long.

Although Japan is now a huge beef eating country. Maybe not in parts but it is taking over. I would assume the older generation mainly eat fish and soy products for their main protein sources. But more and more are starting to eat steak. I believe they now eat 3 times more New Zealand beef than they did in 2003... raw beef is common too. But sure they will always be a huge fish eating country and this as everyone knows brings many health benefits.

Dark chocolate and red wine is actually very good for you. Although it didn't state if she ate dark or milk... she would have lived that age regardless I am sure. There is lots of resveratrol (amongst other things) in red wine. Anyone concerned with health and longetivity would be smart researching resveratrol.

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food[4] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram of chocolate every week.[11]"

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty interesting that the 3 things she credits with her old age are fairly new in what Drs tell their patients :)

I have been using olive oil for quite a long time, but have to admit not too much choc or wine but have been meaning to use more of both.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear