over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

16:8 intermittent fasting

LAtraining

Newbies
I'm about to follow a clean bulk with a 16:8 fast. I intend to keep cals high during the eight hour feed with clean food. Non training days I'll be carb cycling with low carbs. Train 3x a week hard on high cal days. I'm going to run 500-750 test a week, tren EOD, anti E daily, and cycle clen towards the end.

Anybody have experience with the fasting? I know many people aren't fans of it but I've done my research and want to see how I respond. Any advice or tips are appreciated.

I would definitely do this if I was trying to lose strength and size

Me and my friends have tried it on a cut and a bulk.

For cutting, its good for leaning out without loosing strength and size.

For a bulk, it was slow but we didn't get bloated, and fat. Which was amazing.

I've been training for 16 years. I would definitely do IF.

I don't think IF is optimal for getting lean or accruing more muscle mass. HOWEVER I heave read a lot about fasting and how good it is (health wise). I believe I saw Stewie post that he fasts once a week or so.

I have been trying to gain size lately and I train Monday thru Saturday. I eat in a caloric surplus everyday except Sunday and Thursday (my least taxing training day). On those 2 days I have been doing IF. To my surprise I have stayed much tighter while gaining size and strength faster than I ever have before. It also feels like I'm less bloated and have much better digestion; however this could be do to the fact that I have added fiber (phylum husk) to my diet for the first time as well. I'm liking what I'm seeing so I will continue to bulk this way👍

I know a lot of people are going to give you shit for not following broscience dogma, but don't let it get to you. This is exactly what I've been doing for most of the last year (8 hour eating window, beginning post-workout; 10 g BCAA pre-workout).

It took maybe three weeks before I started to see any change, but then the benefit was very clear.

People at work would ask me, "are you getting leaner?" the first couple months. My scale weight and calories weren't changing, but my bodyfat dropped noticeably without changing anything else.

At first my buddies gave me shit and tried to argue with me. But the results, at least in my case, are undeniable, and my buddies just shrug it off--"well, guess it works for him!"

I know a lot of people are going to give you shit for not following broscience dogma, but don't let it get to you. This is exactly what I've been doing for most of the last year (8 hour eating window, beginning post-workout; 10 g BCAA pre-workout).

It took maybe three weeks before I started to see any change, but then the benefit was very clear.

People at work would ask me, "are you getting leaner?" the first couple months. My scale weight and calories weren't changing, but my bodyfat dropped noticeably without changing anything else.

At first my buddies gave me shit and tried to argue with me. But the results, at least in my case, are undeniable, and my buddies just shrug it off--"well, guess it works for him!"

IF is great for many reasons, letting the body rest from digesting food bein a huge one. Also insulin sensitivity, partioning of calories is better then any other for of eating imo. I can use it for bulking or cutting or simply easy maintanance.

The problem comes if your big already and need a large calorie surplus to grow, simply eating enough of healthy calories in only 8 hours is not doable for most days.

Also must add the energy and mental clarity in a fasted state is fantastic!

I find myself much more energetic and the mental clarity are very noticeable.

My mood is better too.

I have been doing it about a year. I used to be that guy that had to eat every three hours or I'll lose my gains bro. Lol I like not haveing to carry food and shakes with my anywhere. About 18 years training and the last one fasted.

indeed.

the bigger you get, the less room you have to explore these sorts of trendy nonsense.

Lol! I agree to an extent. No doubt if someone needs 6000 calories a day it would be tough to do. I can eat 3000 calories in a four hour window eAsily. I don't even need that much. I can maintain 220lbs on 2500 calories. It's weird. I used to need way more.

If you're losing size (other than BF) and strength then you need to reevaluate your plan. The science is pretty clear on it, it just has to be done properly. Just like any other diet or regimen, if it isn't working the way its supposed to then make changes.

I'm excited about the insulin sensitivity. Not too excited about training fasted but I'm giving it a go. Has anybody run peptides with IF? I'm running GHRP2 and CJC with DAC. I don't want to stimulate the pituitary at the wroong time of the fast. I can't find any credible info on the usage with fasting. Like mentioned above, the "broscience" fills most boards and I can't find any answers. Thanks for the encouragement! I will let you guys know know the results.

My largest concern is that I'm attending a University for Dietetics in the mornings and that is my fasted state. I hope that my mental clarity will not be affected. This is intense research!

I love IF. I eat 16:8 when it's a workout day and 18:6 when not and once a week 24hr fast which is today. Put on 5lbs recently and staying lean. When I eat tonight at 5pm it will be a fun big ass meal.

May have some big ass pancakes with LBA's and syrup plus a big protein shake/sludge or a big pizza with bacon and chicken. The veins will be popping within 30 minutes and next morning I'll look awesome.

The only bro-science is the one that says you need to eat all the time. Most nay sayers come from the same group that used to say the same shit about ketogenic diets. They are slaves to the broscience.

Now for a pure bulk where you also gain fat then IF is not for you. But a bulk where you aren't getting fat then IF is very good but don't expect to put on 20lbs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Naturally I think I got pretty strong while fasting .... squat 455 on a 24 hour fast . deadlift 405 on 23 hour fast , now on test I am freaking stronger and still fasting 22 hours .. gained 23 lbs in 5 weeks so far ... but that's just me though I been practicing IF for over 4 years ..

Enough people have done IF successfully to convince me that it works. What I am still not convinced about is how it is ideal.

I started my program 3 days ago. I thought the fasting would be the hardest part but its trying to get quality macros in within the 8hr window. Im cycling carbs on the rest days so it's difficult to find the hunger or room to eat more. I know my body is adjusting so I'm keeping the faith. Once my insulin levels and resistance stabilize I should see some quality gains

I believe IF has its benefits for people looking to drop bf, but i don't see how cramming 2.5k-3k kcals in 6-8 hours is beneficial. Are there any studies supporting bio availability for that amount of food consumption in such little time?

Unless you're eating shit food, i dont see how eating 8oz chick/8oz sweet potato, ect. every 2 hours will even lead to 3k cals.

If you're looking to loose weight id say go for it, but if you're looking to grow i think you're greatly limiting your desired results.

Good luck trying to bulk doing IF. Wadling around with a pregnant ass belly trying to get your cals in. For losing fat though it's a decent program, certainly easier to comply with than the traditional dieting approach.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131