over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

16:8 intermittent fasting

Cool. So you just fill in all the macros from your keto in the eating window I guess. Do you train AM or PM?

I have to train 1st thing in the morning, so I was thinking my window would be post workout starting, and ending several hours before bed. Thinking that might be hard in terms of will power (but maybe better for fat burning?)

530pm every day is my last meal. Cardio in the morning at home 6am (4 to 5 days a week) then 815am weights in the gym. 1st meal at 12 noon ...also 12 noon on non workout days. So I do 18:6.

Then once a week I do a 24 hour fast. 530pm last meal then next meal is 530pm next day. Sometimes twice a week.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

NYM thanks for posting what you do. You're one of the guys I look too for some guidance on this pursuit. I really like that you're way seems so much saner then some of the other approaches: find a diet that works for what you want to achieve and very low dose of hear to achieve it.

And people saying pro BBers don't do X but do Y is kind of silly IMO. It's like every kid that used to say 'Well Arrrhhnold did 23 sets of chest...so I should too.' No. You're not Arnold and you will never be Arnold. I want to be as good as Jacare on the mats, so I should do what he does? Hahaha. No. I would be a mess because he's an elite level athlete and I am an old man.

Find what works for you and crush it...not because some pro with pro genetics does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530pm every day is my last meal. Cardio in the morning at home 6am (4 to 5 days a week) then 815am weights in the gym. 1st meal at 12 noon ...also 12 noon on non workout days. So I do 18:6.

Then once a week I do a 24 hour fast. 530pm last meal then next meal is 530pm next day. Sometimes twice a week.

Thanks for sharing.
That would pretty much fit my schedule. I also like doing one 24 hour fast every week. I think I'm going to give it a try.

One more question (if it's not too much) - 1st meal at 12? What do you do pwo? (I usually just do some whey isolate and then do a meal an hour later when doing keto)

Last edited:

What is the reasoning behind the 16hr feed/8hr fast on non workout days?

Thanks for sharing.
That would pretty much fit my schedule. I also like doing one 24 hour fast every week. I think I'm going to give it a try.

One more question (if it's not too much) - 1st meal at 12? What do you do pwo? (I usually just do some whey isolate and then do a meal an hour later when doing keto)

Nothing. Post workout is many hours later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

What is the reasoning behind the 16hr feed/8hr fast on non workout days?

Just the design I set up for myself and enjoy it.

Just the design I set up for myself and enjoy it.

Cool. I would assume the 1-2 days of the 16hr feed will drastically boost your metabolism from the leptin change and from the shock of your body doing the opposite.

Nothing. Post workout is many hours later.

Interesting. So nothing pre, nothing immediately post - how is your energy for workouts? Does intensity suffer much or do you adapt to it? How do you feel your recovery is without traditional pwo?

I took my normal macros today and put them all in an 8 hour window. But I started my window at 6 AM (pre workout BCAA, which technically breaks the fast). Last meal at 2:30, might be a little rough tonight. I'm really considering pushing the start further away from my workout like you are doing. Seems a bit radical, but it's clearly working for you

Interesting. So nothing pre, nothing immediately post - how is your energy for workouts? Does intensity suffer much or do you adapt to it? How do you feel your recovery is without traditional pwo?

I took my normal macros today and put them all in an 8 hour window. But I started my window at 6 AM (pre workout BCAA, which technically breaks the fast). Last meal at 2:30, might be a little rough tonight. I'm really considering pushing the start further away from my workout like you are doing. Seems a bit radical, but it's clearly working for you

I feel amazing. Amazing strength and endurance. It's like I was meant to train and eat like this. My body loves it.

If I ever have a pre workout it's like a calorie-free pump product, citrulline malate, and N02 etc

I'm guessing your body has to get used to IF to get the energy. At least for me I hope it does. The past week my last meal has been at around 9-10pm and first meal at 1pm v.s. My first meal normally being at 8am. I'm defiantly tired when I wake up until my 1pm meal. I also feel energy after my 1pm meal but about an hour later I crash. Meal is 75g pro 75g carbs 15g fat. I wonder if my insulin is spiking higher than normal from introducing carbs after a 14hr fast which is what's causing the crash?

IF is for normie fitness people not bodybuilders. If you want to fast, do long ones. I just finished a 9 day and am now back to eating ad libitum. Good luck eating 4500+ kcal in a short eating window. 16/8 is not even a fast worth doing imo, not for people excelling in bodybuilding with discipline, for the average normie sure tho. It takes like 5 days fasted to achieve cell pruning, short IF is fine for little lifestyle change if you aren’t training hard but IMO for bodybuilders it is not great idea. Just do a long one a few times a year if you want longevity.

If you are not a bodybuilder and just into fitness or maybe physique modelling, OMAD is better or like Cole Robinson does, meals only around workouts, and he only trains 4x a week, so he is only having 4-5 meals a week. These 16/8 fasts for puny metabolic benefits at expense of how much kcal you can get in seem like half measures. If you can do that with a ton of calories I commend you because eating all day is hard enough. Eating that much in a tighter window is even more torture.

Basically I am calling IF peak normie... why you see it pushed by you tubers and bloggers because 16/8 is so easy anyone can do it.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner