over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

16:8 intermittent fasting

I just stopped IF after 6 weeks. I tend to get mood swings and my energy level suffered.

I believe IF has its benefits for people looking to drop bf, but i don't see how cramming 2.5k-3k kcals in 6-8 hours is beneficial. Are there any studies supporting bio availability for that amount of food consumption in such little time?

Unless you're eating shit food, i dont see how eating 8oz chick/8oz sweet potato, ect. every 2 hours will even lead to 3k cals.

If you're looking to loose weight id say go for it, but if you're looking to grow i think you're greatly limiting your desired results.

Came here to post this. For dieting, then absolutely it will work and is healthier. I wouldn't even consider it for size.

I don't get why people bash things before even trying them? Cognitive dissonance in prime example.

I don't get why people bash things before even trying them? Cognitive dissonance in prime example.

They are slaves to the bro science. We all were at one point or another. Change is hard for many.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Me and my friends have tried it on a cut and a bulk.

For cutting, its good for leaning out without loosing strength and size.

For a bulk, it was slow but we didn't get bloated, and fat. Which was amazing.

I've been training for 16 years. I would definitely do IF.

I find myself much more energetic and the mental clarity are very noticeable.

My mood is better too

I just stopped IF after 6 weeks. I tend to get mood swings and my energy level suffered.

What's happening here? Are you trolling yourself?

I dot like it either way, do you know hard hard it is to get all the clean calories in 8 hours? And the rebound was retarted..

I did it for quite a while in college (still natural, was not a large guy, probably 12%bf around 180lbs 6'...Irish potato-farming genes lol). For someone who had to be at work/school from 8am until 7pm, it was a godsend...usually got a workout in at the end of the day and then could come home and eat everything that I needed from 8pm til midnight. Before that I had been packing ziplock containers and really just having a tough time managing food, since I cooked it nightly for the next day and it just felt like in my spare time I was either washing containers or cooking food. It also did seem to help quite a bit with me dropping some bf%, and best of all it managed my appetite better than any other program I've ever used. If I ate in the morning, I would pretty much be ravenous for most of the day and I could pack on body fat pretty easily if I wasn't careful...with IF my natural system never asked for food outside of that 4 hour window I followed.

I do have to agree with a lot of folks on here though...for bulking I think IF could run into a lot of potential problems.

So....I assume from your knowledgeable posts, that you've giving it a shot?

no, I have not.

it you want to be good at something, you should look at those who are better/the best at it.

do you think any of the mass monsters use intermittent fasting? if no, why do you think that is? I mean.. not eating every two hours would definitely be a much more convenient approach... but there must be some reason why they aren't using that method...?

could it be that not eating for 16 hours out of the day is not conducive to growth?

Im not looking to be a mass monster. I'm looking for a great physique and remaining healthy. I started researching this diet woke doing a fad diet research paper for class. Hugh Jackman used this diet for his physique in the Wolverine. He was completely natural. So I read more, gathered sources, and looked at the science principles behind it.

The problem with traditional bulk or bodybuilding diets are the constant influx of calories. You begin to develop insulin resistance and your body has to kick out more insulin. Then you add more calories bc you arent gaining and the cycle repeats. We are not invincible. Your alpha, beta cells have to adjust. I don't want problems with insulin, kidneys, or liver other than the damage I've already done. I know that is a double standard by running gear but Im not trying to add to the damage!

IF reduces insulin resistance. Studies show it has a positive impact on gh production naturally. There is science behind it. Old school thought is that you can't gain muscle by losing fat. Its simply not true. I'm eating very clean because I don't want to tax my body. It makes no sense to perform this diet and fuck it up by eating crap. I'm one of the few who wants to look great while increasing health lol. I have a young meathead in my class pounding 10000kcal of crap daily, running tons of gear, and insisting he can do it because his blood values are normal. He's young and dumb and thinks he'll live forever. Im 39 and I know better.

I'll be happy to share my results in this thread as is new to me as well. But I've done the leg work and its sound science. I do understand that it may not work for me but that's not to say it won't work for you guys. Its interesting so far. My workouts are amazing

Sorry if i did not elaborate further.

I love IF. But the 16:8 doesn't work for me. I tend to get tired and moody towards the 13-16 hour mark.

12:12 is just nice for me. No mood swing and weakness.

What's happening here? Are you trolling yourself?

Hugh Jackman used this diet for his physique in the Wolverine. He was completely natural.

cmon-son.jpg

Well... I've been loosely following IF. Usually more like a 13-14 hour fast. I just started cjc/ghrp2 (no dac) and the morning shot has had me feeling a bit lousy.

I take my 2nd poke at lunch time then start grazing a half hour later or so, and the rest of my day is fine.

I honestly don't know if there's some hypoglycemia effects going on, but I'm going to skip my morning shots for a few days and see how that goes.

I'm excited about the insulin sensitivity. Not too excited about training fasted but I'm giving it a go. Has anybody run peptides with IF? I'm running GHRP2 and CJC with DAC. I don't want to stimulate the pituitary at the wroong time of the fast. I can't find any credible info on the usage with fasting. Like mentioned above, the "broscience" fills most boards and I can't find any answers. Thanks for the encouragement! I will let you guys know know the results.

Works well for me, but I only do it in my BJJ off season and add 500mg test, and use bullet proof coffee during the fast.

I don't think it would work for bodybuilding or any program that has you training intense weights - I always train as heavy as I can before over stressing my body for BJJ, and once I get to in season and BJJ twice a day and at 10%-11% bf, it does halt my recovery, but I can easily do 170lbs with 12% body fat at 5'8 and I look good.

It depends on where your at and your goals, to get a beach body it works great for me. I do 1.5g/lb pro/carbs, .75g/lb fat.

I would definitely do this if I was trying to lose strength and size

If the appropriate total caloric and protein amounts are good, then why would there be a sure loss of strength and size?

Your body doesn't "go catabolic" because it hasn't been fed for sixteen hours.

I have done eat stop eat in the past and got realy lean. These days now I'm bigger and my metabolism faster then ever I simply can not handle fasting at all, especially on high doses. I will say training fasted is awesome. Even now I just have a chicken breast or tin of tuna preworkout even heavy bulking. So Much stronger, aggressive and more energetic in gym. I like a lot of carbs pre bed so my glycogen stores are always nicely toped up.

Last edited:
If the appropriate total caloric and protein amounts are good, then why would there be a sure loss of strength and size?

Your body doesn't "go catabolic" because it hasn't been fed for sixteen hours.

cortisol and training fasted..

im quite certain that your body would enter a state of catabolism if you would forgo eating for 16 hours..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear