over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

16 weeks out from natural show

I hate you

I am 16 weeks out from my first natural competetion. Still trying to put on a little more mass before i try and shed some of this fat. Critiques greatly appreciated on everything. (poses, physique, etc.)

Just kidding :) You are very impressive to be natural or not for that matter. Keep it up bro!

yes sir

Beast Mode!

looking good, for 16 weeks out, one tip for posing that I have used when posing in the mirrior from time to time before you hit the pose, close your eyes, hit the pose and then open your eyes, you will not have a mirrior on stage, so you need to know how you look and get the feeling of when you look your best in your pose... just my .02!!

UPDATE

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys. I tell you what, I have a new found respect for bodybuilders. I have been in the gym for years and thought the transition to bodybuilding would be easy. Just a few months into my prep and I have been emotional, and physically exhausted some days... I talk myself out of quitting at least once a week. I knew it would be a tough journey but i wasnt expecting to crack so easily lol. I am still hitting it hard and dieting pretty strict. As of now, I am 12 weeks out from the Texas Shredder in Austin and may do another show at the end of the year depending on how i feel after this one.

My Diet:
shooting for around 400g pro/ 400g carbs/ and 50g of fat a day now. This, I found, is the hardest part!!! If im late or god forbid miss a meal, my whole day is ruined as far as diet. Eating nonstop and drinking 5-6 shakes a day trying to fit in about 75 grams of carbs and protein each meal...

Training:
I stopped doing two-a-days in november and started hitting one muscle group a day in dec. and jan. Chest/Back/Shoulders/Arms/Legs/ Day off... My coach told me to move my legs days to the front of the week and hit hams and calves first because they were my weakness. So halfway thru jan. i switched to Legs/Chest & Back/ Shoulders & Arms/ Day off... this was pretty good until i had to cut a leg day short one day because of time. I hit hams and calves one day then made up my quads the next day... I LOVED it. I think I want to split up my legs into two workouts every week now. I had so much more energy and could really work my legs so much more... I also added 20 minutes of light cardio 4x a week. New split will look something like this. Ham&calves/Quads/chest&back/shoulders&arms/day off.

I am about 230 now and I think i might be a little leaner but looking at the pics i cant really tell... I feel small and flat but it may be mental im not sure. I am going to give up the scale and just trry and come in as cut as possible at whatever weight i end up... It seems impossible for me to make any progress now with mass so i am going to concentrate on cutting up and bringing out my hams and glutes more... my calves drive me insane!!! i have some love handles that WILL not go away lol and waiting to see my coach so i can talk to him about changing my diet or cardio or whatever i can to start seeing so results... Overall I am a little discouraged but still motivated and working hard.

Attachments

• poses 2 jan 25.jpg
    poses 2 jan 25.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 197
Looks like the younger b-boy! Impressive!

when I see someone with that looks that thick natural and young it makes me wanna give up lol I have no knowledge of posing but there is a longevity dvd link from skip that has a good posing instructional I havent watched but have heard it praised a lot on here.

Thanks bro... i searched for the dvd and found the link from skip. It is really good... I definitely have to practice these poses more. :)

your a fucking freak bro!! :eek: :eek:

keep grinding, dont get discouraged, and just listen to your coach and relax. You look insane bro :headbang:

when I see someone with that looks that thick natural and young it makes me wanna give up lol I have no knowledge of posing but there is a longevity dvd link from skip that has a good posing instructional I havent watched but have heard it praised a lot on here.
watch that video, skip explains a lot of poses real good and goes through some poses, hell I learned something new watching it :lightbulb: :lightbulb:

Man, natty, impressive. Great structure and base. What a great platform to build from. Keep up the hard work. It's tough prepping bro!( I am 5 weeks out myself!) You now know this but it will really payoff in the end! You'll be hooked or your say forget it. With your potential you could do very well. Hope you stick with it! Keep it up seeing some great results from 16 to 12. Keep on blasting away!!

Hey man;
What you are doing is working - so don't stop! As mentioned above, GREAT thickness and symmetry, in a few weeks when the cuts come out you will be unstoppable! Great job!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Can you PM or post the link to that posing video? I'm jumping into the water this fall too and could use some help w/ that.

Hey man;
What you are doing is working - so don't stop! As mentioned above, GREAT thickness and symmetry, in a few weeks when the cuts come out you will be unstoppable! Great job!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Can you PM or post the link to that posing video? I'm jumping into the water this fall too and could use some help w/ that.

Here you go bro...

LONGEVITY: The long awaited DVD from bodybuilding and contest prep guru, Ken 'SKIP' Hill

I havent watched the whole thing yet but the posing section had some great tips!!! good luck this fall!!!

Man, natty, impressive. Great structure and base. What a great platform to build from. Keep up the hard work. It's tough prepping bro!( I am 5 weeks out myself!) You now know this but it will really payoff in the end! You'll be hooked or your say forget it. With your potential you could do very well. Hope you stick with it! Keep it up seeing some great results from 16 to 12. Keep on blasting away!!

Thanks alot bro... I am whining about it now but I already know I will be doing this again soon!!! depending on how I look in May, I might try for another show around at the end of the year... Thanks for the encouragement from everyone too. Im 10 weeks out now and anxious as ever. good luck with your show in a couple weeks Jcagle!!!

Hey Bud
Thanks for the posing link. I am sure you'll do well in the coming weeks - most everyone goes thru periods where they feel shitty or think they look terrible so remember that, and don't let your head do a trip on you. It's hard to stick to the diet and that is what messes with your energy levels, etc., but 10 weeks will go fast and you'll look back on your prep and be proud that you stuck with it!:headbang:

props!

Looking great, surprised you can cut down on that much food!

Random question, what gym were those pics taken in?

Looking great, surprised you can cut down on that much food!

Random question, what gym were those pics taken in?

Thanks!!! Well my diet is changing a little now but its mainly just the carbs and fat being adjusted now... and this is @ Gold's Gym Killeen TX

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic