over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

17 Years old, progress opinions?

How is this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plsummers

Newbies
I am 17 years old and I have almost been working out for a year. I need some opinions on how I look and I am doing. Thank you. All real criticism please.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 843
I am 17 years old and I have almost been working out for a year. I need some opinions on how I look and I am doing. Thank you. All real criticism please.:)

You look like you have been working out for a year. Keep the ball rolling and don't stop lifting and you will be buff in no time.

Any before pictures? Kinda hard to judge without knowing where you started

make getting as strong as possible your only goal. a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle. you look like you were a skinny guy that started lifting. There's nothing wrong with that at all but what you decide to do in the next 5 years will determine where you end up. want to be a freak? well learn to love to pick up uncomfortably heavy weight, being sore, eating the right foods when your friends are stuffing their faces with pizza and chinese food, and reading. this board is an encyclopedia of everything you could ever hope to know about bodybuilding. use the search function everytime you have a little question pop into the back of your head about training or diet. last, have a goal and a plan to get there. want to gain 30 lbs this year? well how would you do that? you need a plan.

Head to the beginners section and ask every question you can think of. and if you cant find an answer PM me. I dont have every answer but id be happly to share what I do know. have fun and welcome to this disfunctional family of bodybuilding.

You look like you have been working out for a year. Keep the ball rolling and don't stop lifting and you will be buff in no time.

X2 You look exactly how I expect someone to look at 17 after 1 year of training. Your doing good so just keep it up and train hard and eat lots of good food. You will grow bigger and bigger in the next 5 years. Your primed for growth at your age so your on a great path so keep motivated and learn all you can about diet and training on here. It would be good to see your progress over the next few years so keep the pics coming every few months.

Keep up the hard work young man. :)

Thanks everyone! Some great advice that will be very helpful and is great to know for a beginner like me! Here is a pic of me before I started lifting to show you all where I started and where I am at today.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 678
Ok Now we have something to bounce off of. You have certainly made great progress for your first year. Have you been training your legs as hard as your upper body? If so would you post a pic of them. We need to see an overall body shot. If you have not been hitting your legs as hard, that's ok no one will flame you for that. But if you haven't the best single advice I can offer you is squat! By hitting your legs hard this will unlock new growth in your entire body. Squat push your system hard and at your age you want to maximize what your endocrine system can do for you. Hit the legs really hard and make your body grow. Good job so far, very impressive.

Thanks! It means a lot coming from experienced people like you! I will keep myself motivated and keep pressing forward! I work legs a lot. I am actually training for a 4 mile obstacle course/run called conquer the gauntlet ( **broken link removed** ) so I have been doing a lot of leg cardio also. When I was hitting legs at my hardest before I started training I was around about 315lbs on my squat for about 8 reps, 3 sets, and leg press got up to over 1,000lbs. I love hitting legs. I will post a pic sometime this week after leg day. Probably Wednesday or so. Thanks for all the support and advice!
XD

Thanks! It means a lot coming from experienced people like you! I will keep myself motivated and keep pressing forward! I work legs a lot. I am actually training for a 4 mile obstacle course/run called conquer the gauntlet ( **broken link removed** ) so I have been doing a lot of leg cardio also. When I was hitting legs at my hardest before I started training I was around about 315lbs on my squat for about 8 reps, 3 sets, and leg press got up to over 1,000lbs. I love hitting legs. I will post a pic sometime this week after leg day. Probably Wednesday or so. Thanks for all the support and advice!
XD

Wow, that is an impressive squat for your bodyweight and size! If that is a full squat to parallel or below I am impressed! Your lower body must be a strong point for you.

ooh hell tea. You def got thicker. Keep up the good work. Run a good diet and train hard. You are just getting to the age where you can make some great solid all natural gains that you will keep as long as you stay at it.

Good work kid. :headbang:

Just noticed. Really? 3 fucking ppl voted the thread as bad? WTF is wrong with some of you? Good going. I voted good thread kid.

We all start somewhere and people will hate. Keep it up and you'll be amazed at what you accomplish.

U look good. Remember this, bodybiilding is a long process of years to build your body and to add some quality muscle.... take this one day at a time, stay "clean" and be smart of what kindof "supplemets" you use...

Eat and eat some more, nothig better than whole foods to adds muscle size to your frame..

Keep training hard and never give up.....

Sent from my Vox using Tapatalk 2

XD

You squatted 315 for 3 sets of 8? That's a barbell on your back with three 45lb plates on each side, going down "reasonably" close to parallel?

Troll.

You squatted 315 for 3 sets of 8? That's a barbell on your back with three 45lb plates on each side, going down "reasonably" close to parallel?

Troll.

I gotta agree coach. I like to try to have faith in humanity but claims like these remove all hope.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear