over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1st Contest Prep

Swollduck

Registered
Here is the link that led to this decision.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/113990-contest-prep-question.html

I wanted to start this log for a few reasons.
1. Track my progress.
2. Keep my focused and help accountable.
3. Get advice and feedback from people like you that know more than me.

So this last weekend I was 14 weeks out, and I weighed in today at 212.8 and I was pinched at 9.1% bodyfat. Not too bad, for my fist week of being serious. Down 2% last week, and feeling pretty good.

For some reason, my computer at work will not allow me to upload pics. So I will do that from my home computer later.

Its been a crazy week, and I have not been on the site at all in order to post an update. Saturday was 13 weeks out. So I am 12 weeks and 4 days out today.

The diet has been in check and I have had some great workouts. I feel strong and very motivated. I weighed in today at 210 even, and was pinched at 8.2% body fat.

So it seems to be working well.

Questions for you guys that has been on my mind.

I feel I should get leaner say 6-7% and try to stay there till I get closer to the show and then drop. But on of the trainers at my club says I should stay where I am at, and try to maintian for 4-6 more weeks and then start cutting.

I dont want to get so close, and not be able to be ready in time. So is there a body fat % that most of you try to stay around prior to the show, or whats your thoughts?

Also, since I have never done this and I was thinking about it. What do you guys take before stepping on stage for pumps? Just pre workout, or some of the stuff I see some of the sponsors carry?

Its been a crazy week, and I have not been on the site at all in order to post an update. Saturday was 13 weeks out. So I am 12 weeks and 4 days out today.

The diet has been in check and I have had some great workouts. I feel strong and very motivated. I weighed in today at 210 even, and was pinched at 8.2% body fat.

So it seems to be working well.

Questions for you guys that has been on my mind.

I feel I should get leaner say 6-7% and try to stay there till I get closer to the show and then drop. But on of the trainers at my club says I should stay where I am at, and try to maintian for 4-6 more weeks and then start cutting.

I dont want to get so close, and not be able to be ready in time. So is there a body fat % that most of you try to stay around prior to the show, or whats your thoughts?

Also, since I have never done this and I was thinking about it. What do you guys take before stepping on stage for pumps? Just pre workout, or some of the stuff I see some of the sponsors carry?

L-Arginine, Smuckers Jelly, and some red wine.

I tried keeping it simple and mixed the unflavored arginine(GNC) into the red wine, and I couldn't stop gagging for about 5 min after it. took me 2 good swigs to drink it. lol. wont be doing that again.

L-Arginine, Smuckers Jelly, and some red wine.

I tried keeping it simple and mixed the unflavored arginine(GNC) into the red wine, and I couldn't stop gagging for about 5 min after it. took me 2 good swigs to drink it. lol. wont be doing that again.

LOL, Thanks for the heads up, I will avoid that mixture for sure.

Ive heard red wine the night before, and peanut M&M's. Wine to dry you out, and the carbs to fill the muscles with glycogen correct?

Ill have to play with carb timing and water retention a few weeks out to see when I will peak. But I have no clue where to start with the wine and carbs like you mention.

To think my first contest prep was in 1986. Time flies, LOL. You are lean enough and should maintain that now, but hard to say without pictures. Calipers can be up to 4% off.

The log is harder than I thought it would be.

I have been lifting every day, and so far my workouts have been great. I still feel strong and I am happy with the workouts. My diet has been perfect, and I have switched to a carb cycling type approach.

I was doing lower carbs for the last 8-10 weeks and got my bodyfat to the single digits, and now I have upped my carbs to 150, and 200 grams a few days a week. I have put some weight back on and I am much fuller looking. I was 213 yesterday and 9% bodyfat according to my trainer. He seems to be checking a few times a week now to make sure I am not going the wrong way.

I started with my posing practice this week as well, and hopefully I can get some pictures for you guys.

I am also going to start cardio a few mornings each week and adjust it as I get closer.

The only down side right now is I am going to Moab Utah on Monday for a few days to take the Jeep wheeling. I will have to find some place to lift while I am gone, and I will take my food with me so I can stay on track with my diet.

Other than that, I am excited and motivated. I feel great and I am liking the results so far from everything.

So I am now 10 weeks out, and things seem to be going well. I did spend a few days last week in Moab Utah for a Jeep Safari, and I had a great time. I ate clean and brought my meals with me, I just wasnt able to lft for 3 days.

I decided to try Syntherol in my Calves since they seem to be lacking. Today is day 3 of the injections, and honestly I was expecting it to hurt a lot more than it does.

I am injecting 1cc per head right now, and that hardest part is finding room between all the damn veins.

I will post pics of the before and after.

On my way to the gym now to hit legs.

Happy Easter everyone.

Last edited:
Things seem to be going great. I have not had my BF checked in over a week, but I am still leaning out. I see new veins and that is always a cool feeling. I have a new one that goes over my left Trap that looks pretty cool.

I have now injected both calves for a week now, and they are about 1/2" bigger. Not near as sore as I was expecting, I will be upping the amount tonight.

I was able to pin 3cc's into each head of the calves this morning. Super easy, never any blood and there isnt any pain. Just tight like I worked out.

Time to kill the legs in the gym.

Pics coming this weekend.

Here is a pic during shoulder day about 3 weeks ago. I have not had anyone around to take pics since. I train alone 99% of the time.

I am trying to get some pics this weekend though.

Attachments

• Pro Muscle 1.jpg
    Pro Muscle 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 211
I had a great workout yesterday. I was invited to workout with a group of people almost all of which compete and a few were pros. One of the guys in my group come to find is a judge in my upcoming show.

He offered to help me with my posing and help me get ready. He told me I look like I am on track and should do well. So that was a confidence boost.

There was a few pics taken, but I don't have them yet.

So I was able to get a few pics tonight. I am 8 weeks out from the show as of yesterday. I weighed in at 210 this morning, I did not train today, this week was great though. I hired a coach who is training me 5 days a week and going to work on my posing. Obviously I need it. We have trained 4 times so far, and I am enjoying it. I have not had a trainer in years.

Don't trash me too much on the posing, I am going to be working on it. Not to mention, I ate a huge dinner and I could not get my guy sucked in to save my life.

Attachments

• Front Relaxed 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    Front Relaxed 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Front Lat Spread 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    Front Lat Spread 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Side Chest 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    Side Chest 8 Weeks Out.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 168
Here is a few more pics from today. 6 Weeks out. I weighed in at 217 this morning.

Attachments

• 6 Weeks Out 2014 (6).jpg
    6 Weeks Out 2014 (6).jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 6 Weeks Out 2014 (8).jpg
    6 Weeks Out 2014 (8).jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 6 Weeks Out 2014 (2).jpg
    6 Weeks Out 2014 (2).jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 149
I think the last few weeks have been going great. I hired a coach who is training me 6 days a week and I am getting stronger and leaner every day. It will be 5 weeks away come this Saturday. Here is my body fat measurments over the last few months.

Feb 10th

Chest 10
Abs 43
Thigh 21

22.8%

March 7th

Chest 6.5
Abs 29
Thigh15

16.2%

April 7th

Chest 3.25
Abs 14
Thigh 9.5

9%

May 21st

Chest 3
Abs 9.75
Thigh 6

6.6%

Last edited:
Also, I started at 239 pounds in Feb, and I am 214 today.

So according to those stats, I have dropped 40 pounds of fat, and increased lean body mass by 15 pounds.

Not too bad, I am still a ways off I think as far as conditioninig, but I am getting better every day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws