over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 Day split.

the student

Banned
Does anyone do these? As a hard gainer I'm considering this as it seems that it would give my nervous system more recovery time. If it is worth trying, what split do you guys recomend? Also, deads and sqauts. Should I do one per workout, both on the same or what? If it is suggested that this routine only keep one of those, I have to go with deads. My upper legs don't need developement, unlike the rest of my body. My back is not impressive so I really like the deads to help overcome this. What have you got fellas?

It's a damn shame that a lot of people here know more about drugs, taking drugs analy, and creatine, than they know about training.

training

Not sure where your coming off that comment but there are a hell of alot of good guys on here. It just not about roids. But to answer your question you should split the squats and dead lifts on differant days. I do 3 sets of each. You do not have to lift big weights to grow at least for me anyways. Deadlifts work the hamstrings and sqauts for the quads. I burn em as hard as I can becuase the hamstrings are difficult to build. Also everyone is differant do what your body feels some say 1 day some say none you have to know what you feel and capable of.

SB

Last edited:
Well, a bit more info is needed from you. You can't expect everyone to just jump in and give advice when the only info you're giving is a 2 day split. Are you doing a 2 day split and training 2, 3, or 4 days per week? What lifts are you planning to do and what are the set and reps for everything. Why don't you post up what you had in mind and we can critique it from there? Or were you just going to insult the board and expect someone to build something for you?

Id go with a 3 day a week ABA BAB typr of routine. Plenty of time for recovery, low volume, high frequency. All heavy compounds except for bi's, still heavy just dont know any compound movements for bi's. and if your a hard gainer, post up a diet. we can help with that too.

Id go with a 3 day a week ABA BAB typr of routine. Plenty of time for recovery, low volume, high frequency. All heavy compounds except for bi's, still heavy just dont know any compound movements for bi's. and if your a hard gainer, post up a diet. we can help with that too.

I've been happiest with this type of routine. As far as bi's go, weighted pull ups and one arm DB rows work for me.

That comment was not meant to offend anyone. If you are one of those who are bored by the training aspect and would rather just do/talk the drug side, then yes, I was talking about you. I do a little gear also, but I don't skip the basics. It frustrates me that so many more people want to comment on drugs, but don't have the same interest in the training part. Anyway, I do a push/pull/legs. I was thinking about knocking it down to a two day split, doing each workout once a week. Maybe Wed. and Sat. This would give my nervous system more recovery time while still doing each bodypart once a week. I would love to hear from guys who have done this in the past. If anyone saw any advantage to this, what was their prefered split? Also, I'm not trying to get anyone to design a damn thing for me. I've got a few years research in this and have done my home work. I have several two day splits writin down and I'm simply asking for real world experiences from some of the very knowledgeable members of this board.

Also, I'd like to thank the guys who took a minute to answer my question. To answer some questions; I'm thinkin training only two days per week, I'd like to stick to basics (deads, chins, b.o. rows, inc. press, d.b. bench pr., sh./military pr., dips, sqaut (if nesc. I hate them) and I'd love to do pullovers) and I'm not into high sets. I have a small bone structure with a few years experince and generally stuck to mon/wed/fri for a push/pull/legs.
Again, thanks to anyone who has experince with this or an opinion backed by experience.

I have done the DC two way split with very good results.. But there is an extra workout day in that routine.. You could do DC, but twice a week.

Thats not a bad suggestion, bigguns. Anyone do a push/pull or chest, upper back/legs, low back. We have a lot of veterans here. I'm sure some of you have tried this, maybe after moving from full body workouts.

lol an ABA/BAB split is a 2day split tkav:)

I do a 2-day split now.

day1: back/bi's/squats
day2: rest
day3: rest
day4: chest/shoulders/squats
day5: rest
day6: rest
repeat

working great!

I got pretty good results from Jim Wendler's 5-3-1, adapted to a two day split. AB AB every week. Squats and bench one day, Military and Deads the other. Actually that program got me to my strongest point so far.

lol an ABA/BAB split is a 2day split tkav:)

I do a 2-day split now.

day1: back/bi's/squats
day2: rest
day3: rest
day4: chest/shoulders/squats
day5: rest
day6: rest
repeat

working great!

re read my post. i said 3 day a week. i said nothing about 2 vs. 3 way split.

Follow up

Ok guys, this is what I settled on for the last coupl of weeks. I've been doing the two day split with Back and legs on one day. Two days off and then pecs, delts, tris. Then two more days off. This means a six day routine with two work outs. I recently came off a test prop. cycle and don't feel quite as energetic so I like the rest days. On back and leg day, I am alternating squats and deads. Thanks to anyway who takes the time to read this and offer an experienced opinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity