over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2-Day Workout

GDADDYG8

Registered
I could train twice per day but I am curious if you guys think it would add any real benefit.

How would you set up your training and nutrition?

Interested to see some advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first question that comes to mind is how much time do you have on your hands and why not use it for other things? Lol

My thought is, if you can train twice per day then you’re not training hard enough... Unless for some reason you have an injury or something preventing you from high intensity and you do higher volume then I can see where splitting it to twice a day can work but otherwise I just think it’s wasted time..

I know “everyone is different” but honestly, I got way better results from DC training in regards to muscle gain and fat loss than anything else, and because I train alone I was in and out of the gym at most in 45 minutes and that was leg days which are a little more intense. I was also training every other day..

My first question that comes to mind is how much time do you have on your hands and why not use it for other things? Lol

My thought is, if you can train twice per day then you’re not training hard enough... Unless for some reason you have an injury or something preventing you from high intensity and you do higher volume then I can see where splitting it to twice a day can work but otherwise I just think it’s wasted time..

I know “everyone is different” but honestly, I got way better results from DC training in regards to muscle gain and fat loss than anything else, and because I train alone I was in and out of the gym at most in 45 minutes and that was leg days which are a little more intense. I was also training every other day..

^^^^^ Exactly!

Good point I was just listening to Stan Efferding talk about how he feels 2-Day training is best for hypertrophy.

It would be a
Day 1: Push
AM - Quads and Shoulders
PM - Chest and Triceps

Day 2: Pull
AM - Back
PM - Hamstrings and Biceps

Day 3: Rest

I would imagine splitting the session in two allows you to fully recover your strength and energy to finish the other half of the workout. If you do it consecutively you get more and more tired after each exercise. This way you finish the second half fresh and refueled.

Good point I was just listening to Stan Efferding talk about how he feels 2-Day training is best for hypertrophy.

It would be a
Day 1: Push
AM - Quads and Shoulders
PM - Chest and Triceps

Day 2: Pull
AM - Back
PM - Hamstrings and Biceps

Day 3: Rest

I would imagine splitting the session in two allows you to fully recover your strength and energy to finish the other half of the workout. If you do it consecutively you get more and more tired after each exercise. This way you finish the second half fresh and refueled.

Ehh makes no sense to me with an “intensity” stand point..

If you’re doing high volume then yea, you’ll start your second session of the day fresh and refueled, but if you train how DC says to train with complete muscle failure; you’re starting your second session sore as fuck and regretting it...

Again, I just see no point in it.. We’ve seen guys be massive and ripped with this “in/out” high intensity method, and even training once a day higher volume... I mean what’s the maximum amount of benefit this could have?

I say take that extra hour and learn a new language or something lol the brain is a muscle too...

Working twice a day can work extremely well during certain phases. I would not do this though unless I was enhanced and, ideally, eating large amounts of food. It can also be done precontest when calories are lower, but this is normally because gear is quite high.

If you don't have a job and can recover well, take a nap in between sessions, it can work quite well.

Back in the day, many would workout twice a day with great results. What happens is that most people with a full time job would have a hard time recovering.

And back in the day there was also a lot less knowledge bro ^^^

If it was about working out as much as possible then the biggest and leanest guys would’ve been in the 70’s/early 80’s and not the 90’s-2000’s...

Technically, all weight lifting works... You gota be pretty dumb and have zero concept of form or working out in general to get zero results from lifting weights (even if diet and rest aren’t 100% it will still generate a result) but I think the point is efficiency... Unless being in the gym is something you absolutely love and can’t get enough of then sure, go 10x a day..

But I’ll be the first guy in line when that magic pill hits the market that lets you have the body you want while being able to eat whatever you want and do nothing lol...

There are many variables and no right/wrong answer. Milos Sarcev has many of his athletes train twice daily and it can work greatly. If you did I would recommend an approach like his with some added slin and intra drinks for optimal recovery. It should go withotu stating a solid diet and certain supplements to aid in recovery.

Me personally I could never train twice daily. I simply train too hard and would be permanently exhausted and would need to rely on stimulants to keep going. Over time due to overtraining etc I would probably be a wreck. I would be in shape though :eek::D

You could do a very light weight fully body workout twice a day, just to pump blood into the muscles and promote active recovery.

And then for each individual muscle do one, very heavy, high volume workout once a week.

Use the daily light-weight stimulus to keep active during recovery, etc.

Last edited:
it can be great if you are in touch with your body, not stressed in general, have plenty of time between sessions, recover very well, etc. but is so easy to over do it, mostly since what's good for the muscles can be not so good for the joints and overall stress on the body and in my experience eventually leads to longer than expected layoffs after a while (call it over training, burnout, etc). always feel like you just left the gym or are on your way back to the gym...and doing the extra laundry from double amount of dirty gym clothes gets old too

You're 4 weeks out and you want to train twice a day....:rolleyes:

I could train twice per day but I am curious if you guys think it would add any real benefit.

How would you set up your training and nutrition?

Interested to see some advice.

I would end up overtraining or end up getting injured. I know some full time pros who can get by with it but all they do is train eat and sleep.

You're 4 weeks out and you want to train twice a day....:rolleyes:

No I don’t want to train 2 a day being 4 weeks out. It was something I was considering during an offseason since I have been getting up at 3:45-4 AM regularly and have to be at work for 7 AM. I could make it work.

When I was listening to Stan Efferding talk about how 2x a day workouts were ideal for hypertrophy it made me wonder what others thought.

That is where the question came from in my mind. No intention of trying this so close to a competition. Way too much, at least for me.

I trained twice a day the first 2 years of training.
I think it’s only worth doing if you’re young, 18-25.
It’s totally unnecessary and makes recovery difficult.
But, if you’re young and have the time then go for it.

as JJ said, not necassary at all.
i would/could never train 2x a day. my recovery ability is not too good. never has been but also i wouldnt want to go to the gym 2x a day.
go once. get in. get out. recover.
MAYBE go back for a massage tho:love:
-F2S

some food for thought . . .

When a muscle has been worked to a point of momentary failure by heavy exercise, the situation is just that –
the muscle has "failed MOMENTARILY." But in most cases, within three seconds – or less – the muscle has
recovered approximately fifty per cent of the strength which it had lost as a result of the exercise; but it does not
follow that it will then be fully recovered in six seconds, or even six minutes – full recovery usually takes
MORE THAN twenty-four hours, frequently as much as forty to sixty hours. But even if the muscle itself does
recover entirely, this is no indication that the system – which supplies the muscle – is fully recovered.

In order to produce increases in muscular size and strength, the muscles must be induced to make certain (but
largely unknown) demands upon the system as a whole – demands for the materials required for growth; but
growth cannot result even then if the system is unable to supply the needed materials – and do NOT misread this
to mean that this is simply a matter of assuring that the right food has been eaten. Far from it; the primary
limiting factor in this case is the ability of the system to make the required physiological (apparently largely
chemical) changes within the allotted period of time – and if another workout occurs before these processes are
complete, then little or nothing in the way of growth can occur.

In effect, it takes hard work to induce growth – and time to permit growth.

There will be individual variation, of course – but only within the limits of a certain rather limited scale; and it is
also true that the recovery ability of a well-trained individual will be better than it was before he started training
– but again, only to a certain degree. And, please note, I said "well-trained", not "LONG TRAINED"; in fact,
many long-experienced bodybuilders have very poor recovery ability – having overworked their systems for
months or years they have far less recovery ability than the proverbial "90 pound weakling".

Within the human system as a whole there exist a number of regulatory sub-systems, whose functions are
obvious – even if almost entirely unknown; some of these are fairly well understood, some are the subject of
heated controversy at the moment, and some remain entirely mysterious – the only people who even claim to
understand all of these factors are people like the self-proclaimed "nutritional expert" who dropped dead
recently on a television show, moments after proclaiming that he would live to be at least a hundred years old
"unless killed by a sugar-crazed taxicab driver". He was seventy years old when he died.

When anything is in limited supply, then it is simply common-sense practice to make the best-possible
utilization of the quantity that is available –and when you are not sure just how much is available, it is equally
good practice to use as little as necessary; in the field of exercise, the implication is clear – use your limited
recovery ability as wisely as possible, and as little as possible in line with the actual requirements for producing
the results you are after.

It really doesn't matter just "why" intense exertion is required to induce muscular growth, or exactly "how" this
is brought about – and it is equally unimportant that we understand the actual reasons responsible for the
limitations in our recovery ability; but it is necessary to know that hard work is required, and that recovery
ability is limited. A failure to understand – or even be aware of – these factors has led to the presently-existing
situation in body building circles, where almost all trainees work far too much and very few trainees work hard
enough. Rather than constantly trying to increase the length of workouts, ALL trainees would be well advised to
attempt to reduce their training to an absolute minimum. It is my personal belief at this point in time that we will
eventually – and rather soon – replace the requirement for training to about one and one-half hours weekly; and I
mean the requirement for an advanced bodybuilder who is training for world-class physique competition –and I
also mean that any more training would actually reduce the production of results.

By Arthur Jones, Nautilus Bulletin #2, Chapter 21, The Recovery Factor

The Nautilus Bulletin's are still my favorite bodybuilding read and Arthur Jones was a genius!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131