over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 days out

Congrats, you look great in that side triceps shot, The straitions were apparent in the Vastus Lateralis. I remember that term from H.S. Anatomy.

Good luck in your bulking, gaining quest. It's time to find some good, strong, high quality bricks to start building your castle. Definately keep us posted on how you plan on gaining; training/rest, eating, etc.

Last edited:
You look great! Good luck, You will probably run into my friend Zu, he's doing middleweight and Masters.

Good luck Shelby, give em hell!

I met and hung out with Zu backstage. Really nice guy.
The backstage situation was pretty crappy, in my opinion. There were no weights at all (only bands) and nobody was there to help with color, oil, etc. We were told that we had to help each other out with color and oil, or we could pay $50 for a trainer's pass to have a friend / trainer come backstage to help us out.
While other competitors were very self-absorbed (and one even told me he was too busy pumping up to take a minute to put some oil on my back), Zu was very helpful and friendly. I shared my exercise bands with him and we helped each other put our oil on.
The sport definitely needs more guys like that.

Last edited:
with your outlook and attitude I have no doubt you will meet your goals, btw, I will be up your way in a few short weeks! I plan on doing some Chritsmas shopping in Frankenmuth too ... lol!

Berserker, you did well.

I think that side tricep pose if great! Man, you have a terrific outlook. Keep up the good work. Sounds like the people who know you best are really impressed with your work ethic...plus you sound like a nice guy. Thats worth more than all the awards you could recieve. :cool:

The backstage situation was pretty crappy, in my opinion. There were no weights at all (only bands) and nobody was there to help with color, oil, etc. We were told that we had to help each other out with color and oil, or we could pay $50 for a trainer's pass to have a friend / trainer come backstage to help us out.
While other competitors were very self-absorbed (and one even told me he was too busy pumping up to take a minute to put some oil on my back), Zu was very helpful and friendly. I shared my exercise bands with him and we helped each other put our oil on.

Yeah, Zu is definately a good guy, he's always throwing me and my brother out, because we walk in 1 hour to closing and squeeze in as much as we can.

When he's not doing a show, he's even nicer, but who isn't right? It's cool that you guys ended up in the same weight class, because he's competed as a Lt. Heavy many times, he even told me that the promoter was shocked to hear that he went down to middle.

Good job on the show, you changed so much those last two weeks as did he, seeing those types of changes in someone's physique is inspiring.

Keep up the good work.

George

Thanks again everyone :)

Here are a couple comparison shots. I'm on the far right.

The guy on the far left placed 7th, and the guy in the center (blondish hair) placed 8th.

Attachments

• nas rdb comparison.jpg
    nas rdb comparison.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 341
front double bicep

Attachments

• nas fdb comparison.jpg
    nas fdb comparison.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 335
You beat all them guys from the back.

You beat all them guys from the back.

Thanks BB. All I can do is come in bigger and better next time, and hope the judges notice me (hopefully I won't be on the far side next time either, lol).

Here's a side tricep comparison:

Attachments

• nas st comparison.jpg
    nas st comparison.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 325
That's some serious mass for middle weights! I agree your back does look very good, what did you end up doing for your color btw? It looks good.

Last edited:
That's some serious mass for middle weights! I agree your back does look very good, what did you end up doing for your color btw? It looks good.

Thanks.

This is my color protocol:
week before show - stop using any moisturizers, lotions, etc. on skin
tuesday - last tan
wednesday - in the evening do you first coat of protan. before you put the coat on though, take a VERY COLD SHOWER. this is to open up your pores for the protan to seep in. after the shower, exfoliate your whole body vigorously - you want to be as dry and scaly as possible. Then apply the first coat of protan (i just dump it in a bowl and apply with a washcloth).
thursday - do 3-4 more coats of protan, taking a very quick shower after every 3rd coat or so (just long enough to get your body wet, and rinse off any buildup of protan residue / cake - maybe 15 seconds tops).
friday - same as thurs.
saturday morning - 1 coat of jan tana competition tan (this goes on kind of weird - i would wear dishwashing gloves to do it. you really need to rub it in good). no shower after the jan tana.
backstage while warming up - either the protan muscle sheen product, or Pam spray oil. if you use the pam, just spritz it on and lightly towel off - you don't want to be super shiny - you just want a sheen.

For the Friday prejudging I put the Jan tana on a few hours before PJing, and the Protan muscle sheen I put on about an hour before prejudging and then Zu helped me do some touch ups backstage.

I mentioned it because I noticed that you didn't really have any color until the last pics. The stage color was perfect.

Zu either, he was pale until he left on Weds. I think. Hell, he was still hairy as a sasquatch last week!:eek:

(That's actually the nickname my wife gave me, because I'm hairy too, Zu calls himself the Beast from the middle east) Because he was trying
to show me that my body hair is nothing compared to his. But I've read that it's a sign of intelligence, especially thick back hair.

It was pretty much the same deal at the teen/masters/collegiate nats.

On Monday I was in the gym for the first time since your show and I asked Zu about you, at first he didn't know who I meant, I said Shelby, because I couldn't think of your full name.

So I told him "Berserker" Then I remembered your full name from the MD website, he said that you were a good guy, pretty much exactly what you said above about the other competitors he said that the Mexican bodybuilders looked great in that show.

Mexico always has good Middleweights, not so much in the heavier classes though, same as in boxing.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws