over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 days out

This is the hardest Shelby has been at this point of a prep. We always keep his sodium VERY high until the very end. He's always known for his conditioning, but this is the hardest I've seen him.

It's his first pro-qualifier and anyone that follows his postings knows he's put in the work. It will be great to see him on stage.

Good luck!

BUmping this!!! Enjoy the ride, Shelby!!!

-S

Shelby weighed in at 176lbs. Just hung out with him for a bit. Very cool guy.

looking totally on target. good luck dude

damn bro thats insane way to go.

Getting lean and shredded is MAJOR.............but so is muscle mass.......lets not forget that ....bodybuilding is about MUSCLE.....
thats exactly what dave palumbo said, that shelby needs more muscle. shelby has improved by leaps and bounds, and as he continues to fill his frame out into a legit light heavy, he will only get better and better. the man works his ass off thats for sure, always has always will!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support, everyone.

This was definitely the toughest, most humbling middleweight line-up I’ve competed in.

Todd Scott, who took 2nd at Nationals a couple years ago, was a 5th place finisher here.

Dave Groce, who won the overall at my first show, then went on to take 2nd at the 2005 Jr USAs and 6th at the 2007 USAs, ended up placing 8th at this show, just one point ahead of me (he had 42 points, I had 43).

The other guys that placed ahead of me were all fantastic competitors as well, and it was an honor to compete against them.

I was pretty pleased with how this prep went, and how the final days played out. But in the end I was just plain outsized by shorter guys with more muscular physiques.

So I won’t be competing again until I’m a legitimate light heavyweight.
Even then I’ll stay away from pro-qualifiers until I can place in the top 3 of a junior level show.
I’ve got a LOT of work ahead of me, but I welcome it with open arms.

Thanks again for all the support, PMs, emails, etc. - it was all very much appreciated.

awesome shelby. congrats on your showing. i look forward to watching you progress.............and beating you in the lightheavy class:p

Thanks for the support, everyone.

This was definitely the toughest, most humbling middleweight line-up I’ve competed in.

Todd Scott, who took 2nd at Nationals a couple years ago, was a 5th place finisher here.

Dave Groce, who won the overall at my first show, then went on to take 2nd at the 2005 Jr USAs and 6th at the 2007 USAs, ended up placing 8th at this show, just one point ahead of me (he had 42 points, I had 43).

The other guys that placed ahead of me were all fantastic competitors as well, and it was an honor to compete against them.

I was pretty pleased with how this prep went, and how the final days played out. But in the end I was just plain outsized by shorter guys with more muscular physiques.

So I won’t be competing again until I’m a legitimate light heavyweight.
Even then I’ll stay away from pro-qualifiers until I can place in the top 3 of a junior level show.
I’ve got a LOT of work ahead of me, but I welcome it with open arms.

Thanks again for all the support, PMs, emails, etc. - it was all very much appreciated.
shelby im glad you were pleased with the package that you brought into cleveland, that right there is satisfaction within itself. your comment about todd scott and groce, they were both in less condition than they were at other shows, especially todd scott :eek: I have seen him much much better than he was in cleveland and his placing proved that. Great bodybuilder just didn't nail it at the north americans like he has in past shows.

so how long do you plan on taking off, do you think you will do jr. nationals 2010?? or are you taking longer than that off??

so how long do you plan on taking off, do you think you will do jr. nationals 2010?? or are you taking longer than that off??

Yah, I need to requalify now... Jrs 2010 would probably be the earliest I would compete again on a nat'l stage, but if I don't feel I'm ready then, I'll hold off until I am.

Here's a side tricep from weigh-ins last Thurs:

Attachments

• NAs weighin st.jpg
    NAs weighin st.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 353
Bodybuilding is such a long road... but with your mindset, Shelby, no place is unreachable. :)

It was truly great to follow your journey. Now let's just see how the off-season goes... ;)

Thanks for the update, sound like you have a very good mindset going on. You looked awesome and I think you will look even better as a light heavy. I wish you a injury free year bro and I am looking foward to seeing your progress.

Respect.

you can do it dude. our buddy main is about to break 220 on his way to 230. you will look sick with 198lb of contest weight on your frame.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131