over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 dead after gunman open fires at Miami gym

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
A gunman opened fire inside the Equinox fitness center at the Shops at Merrick Park early afternoon Saturday, leaving two dead and one person wounded at the upscale Coral Gables mall anchored by Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, police said

"A popular personal trainer who apparently had been fired from his job earlier in the day fatally shot one of his former co-workers and critically wounded another at the Equinox fitness center in Coral Gables on Saturday afternoon before killing himself. The 12:55 p.m. shooting shut down the upscale Shops at Merrick Park mall and scattered scores of scared shoppers and Equinox members onto the surrounding streets, many of them clad in exercise clothes and holding nothing but their workout towels.

Witnesses identified the shooter as Abeku Wilson, a 33-year-old bodybuilder who had worked at Equinox for years but, according to two employees, had been let go shortly before he returned to the gym with a handgun, took aim and opened fire. Five gunshots,” said Ovi Viera, 41, a nurse from Coconut Grove who was washing his hands in the men’s locker room when he heard the bangs. “It was too loud for it to have been a weight dropping. Within two seconds, people just started running out.

Wilson shot Janine Ackerman, 35, the gym’s general manager, and Marios Hortis, 42, a fitness manager, witnesses said. One person who declined to be identified said Ackerman did not appear to be moving after being shot in the head. Hortis was conscious and asking for help but bleeding heavily, the witness said."

**broken link removed**

if he was that popular....he wouldn't need a gym...

just sayin

scroll down news link and read the dumb turd comments. woman blamed the easy accessibility to guns for the shooting, another blamed steroids. typical one step thinkers. make guns illegal and emotionally charged people losing their job won't do anything.

make guns illegal like drugs and no one will have access to them.

Attachments

• dumb turds & their comments.JPG
    dumb turds & their comments.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 497
and this is why in never more than a couple feet from a gun , yep i keep one in my gym bag.

"i never go somewhere with the intention of being violent , but i always bring violence with me in case i need it"

I don't think this has to do with gear or guns. He obviously had some mental health issues and him loosing his position caused him to crack. It's just so sad to hear stories like this! My prayers go out to the family of the guy who died in this senseless way.

I don't think this has to do with gear or guns. He obviously had some mental health issues and him loosing his position caused him to crack. It's just so sad to hear stories like this! My prayers go out to the family of the guy who died in this senseless way.

I agree with you,,someone who is able to commit such a horrible act has some serious mental problems. Most sane, ordinary people would think things like this through.

So bizarre since any personal trainer knows that if he had taken even just half of his equinox clients and went independent he would make almost the same $ with less stress

and this is why in never more than a couple feet from a gun , yep i keep one in my gym bag.

"i never go somewhere with the intention of being violent , but i always bring violence with me in case i need it"

that's a bad ass quote.

I agree with you,,someone who is able to commit such a horrible act has some serious mental problems. Most sane, ordinary people would think things like this through.

agree. at least just off yourself, no need to take out others.

I'm a member at Equinox (how in Miami though) and I received an email about this and a bunch of my trainer friends from there posted on Facebook about it. So awful. I'll try to get more details tomorrow when I see them at the gym.

Same here.... I manage a gym and keep my 40 in my bag which is always next to my desk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

What ever happened to an old fashioned ass whipping these days. You only use weapons when they outnumber you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd victim died today. He was in critical condition. 3 total dead including shooter.

Same here.... I manage a gym and keep my 40 in my bag which is always next to my desk.

I've been managing gyms for 14yrs now...not a bad idea...I have Police on speed dial in My clubs for the nutjobs

Its not only an unstable wacko like this one, but also these so called radicalized muslims that go wild shooting people anywhere anytime. At the LA fitness I workout at, theyre armed to the teeth.

honestly....

taking a gun to the gym and having one near you all times seems totally insane to ME.
BUT i will add, i am VERY glad there are guys like you out there doing that!:headbang: Just cuz i dont doesnt mean i am against it! i just literally dont think i am mentally stable enough to own a fire arm. :eek:
-F2S

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity