over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 questions for You

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
I'm visiting my son who is in the hospital right now in Las Vegas. So even though we shouldn't be arguing, like always we are.

So settle these two questions.

1) If you have green beans with lets say 2 meals, do you count those carbs towards your total macro's? I say don't count them. He says count them

2) Training. How many sets for biceps would you say is needed after working Pull-ups and Bent over rows. I say three sets worked to failure is enough. My son says you need closer to 6-8.

Hey T.O.M....

Hope you're well bro...as to green beans, I do count them towards my carb macros...just as I would broccoli etc...

As to bicep sets post pullups/b.o.r I really think each person would be different based on any super supps or level of recovery. I don't train back with bi's, but I would tend to lean in your direction...it is a smaller muscle group, so why over due it?

Just my $0.02 worth. :)

Last edited:
I also count them as total carbs for my macros and three sets is plenty thats how i do it not saying its right though

I don't count greens towards my macros

I'd only do 1-2 work sets to failure

i would only count the greens if i was on a diet getting ready for national level show, for bi's three sets would be plenty for me! on their own day maybe 9.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you count the greens towards your macros?

If I am preparing for a contest I would count them; any other time I would not. I am currently training back and biceps together; usually takes me 40 minutes to train my back and 20 minutes for biceps (6-9 sets). I don't think I am as old as you but I seem to move slow and its takes a little while to get warmed up. I train each body part once per week.

For, ME, about 9 sets is perfect for bis. But I relatively light and bang out sets of 10 to 12. Otherwise I don't feel it much in my bis. But three exercises at three sets gets them super pumped and worked hard

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

hey tom,

are you following a diet that wants you to eat a certain macro ratio only when hungry? if so then count the macros toward the individual meal.

or

are you following a diet that wants you to eat a certain amount of macros per day? this I don't have any experience.

last year I followed a diet in which I ate a certain ratio of macros per meal whenever I was hungry. If i wanted to lose fat though, I had to cut out some meals even though I was hungry, that speed up the results. If I wanted to gain a lil, I just ate an extra meal. in my opinion LBA's make the macro diet very easy to follow.

as per the bicep question, if I'm not taking any supplements, I do 3 three heavy sets with the last one to failure when I am warmed up.

if I am taking some supps, I do heavy 9 sets, even though I feel like i can do way more.

I'm visiting my son who is in the hospital right now in Las Vegas. So even though we shouldn't be arguing, like always we are.

1) If you have green beans with lets say 2 meals, do you count those carbs towards your total macro's? I say don't count them. He says count them

2) Training. How many sets for biceps would you say is needed after working Pull-ups and Bent over rows. I say three sets worked to failure is enough. My son says you need closer to 6-8.

Really? You're arguing with your son in the hospital about beans and sets.

Get a life.

I love it!! Hell yeah I would argue over this stuff with my kid. this is the kind of thing that makes a father son relationship special!! I would much rather have this argument or a chevy vs ford argument than a "Get a real job and grow up" type of argument!

I never count greens in carbs. I just always limit each meal to one or two cups of greens. If I am dieting I only get low carb veggies anyway like green beans, brocolli, asperagus, lettuce.

As for the bi's, I would say to each his own. I have always used about 9 sets and my bi's suck! so in an attempt to make them grow I am trying higher volume right now mountaindog style. We will see...

Get a life.

I believe that "arguing" is just the word he chose - it's probably a friendly discussion between father and son.

How is your son doing Tom? Is he okay?

1) I'd count them towards my macros

2) 3 sets to failure (with heavy weight) is enough after pullups and bentovers. I think anything after that is overkill.

All I can say it looks like your son is not anything like his father...so there is hope...LOL

Get a life.
Well you have no clue why he's in the hospital and for how long. Maybe he came home today and maybe he didn't.

As for getting a life, I've had a pretty good one for 68 yrs. How long have you had one for BOZO?

All I can say it looks like your son is not anything like his father...so there is hope...LOL
Oh his 49 yr ass is. Now for the younger one 47, nothing alike. Takes after his wonderful mother, my ex.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws