over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 things you’d tell to your…

Read and research AI, anti estrogens and hormonal balance just as much as you research gear

Unless competing, hold out on drugs as long as possible. Add them as a supplement, don't allow yourself to become a drug addict

Guys in their late 30s and 40s who don't compete, cut the bullshit. Trying to be a monster at this age is just inviting an early death

1. Don't overestimate the amount of progress you can make in an off season. And don't underestimate the amount of progress you can make in a few off seasons.

2. Drugs are boring, stick to the basics, and don't skip chemistry lectures to take a nap

If i had my nutritional knowledge then that I have now......WOW!

you don't have to be the strongest guy in the gym, you will still be training 25 yrs later and your joints will be destroyed if you continue down this path.

I’d give myself the nutrition knowledge I have now. Things could have been so much easier.
This 100%. If I just fucking knew what a processed carb was at 18 I would have been golden.

Eat more tacos

Eat more in general

Eat more tacos

Eat more in general
"Eat more tacos" is probably good advice for life in general.

Bodybuilding? You don't need to go heavy all the time on your compound movements, especially Deads & Squats. In fact, I'd really recommend to try and light up your quads if you're utilizing squats and you don't need heavy weight if your squatting for quads but more importantly, squat deep and upright to nail quads. It will hit quads more effectively AND (here's the big one), it will save your low back. If there's one injury that's tough to bounce back from it's a damaged spine. Don't fuck your spine! I feel like I spent so much time squatting when I was younger in hopes of building nice big legs as that's what all the BS mags espoused. Meanwhile, if I would have spent more time with Hack Squats my efforts would have been better spent. Of course, I learned the hard way that using a hips back & butt out squat with heavy weight won't be very useful for a bodybuilder regardless of how many others claimed squats were the end all be all. I didn't start squatting with an elevated heel until my mid to late twenties and that was a game changer. I'm fairly tall btw.

Also, when I was young machines were sort of frowned upon. Ronnie was the reigning O and before him, it was Dorian who was also a big proponent of compound moves and utilized a lot of free weights (although he used a fair amount of machines). I also read a lot of Charles Poliquin's work. If you were healthy enough to use free weights, you should use them to build the bulk of your size and your base...that was the ethos back then. It's not bad advice at all, it's just that now that I'm older and more banged up I wish I would have embraced machines more. They're wonderful for failure training and for some people and certain movements, they might just even make more sense and save time than bar and/or dumbbell work.

1: Monitor BP, do Bloodwork 2x a year and get an Echo yearly.

2: Act on it. Take a BP med, draw blood sometimes. Take every precaution to avoid High BP, Heart and Kidney damage. And if your Cholesterolis off, fix it.

It's so easy. Not doing this is just insanity. Modern BP meds have less side effects than many supps. Save you a lot of headaches and fear later wondering what the fuck you did to yourself and for what.

hire a coach very early on mainly for the diet

proper ped planning periodization no random cycles etc?

Same. Two is enough for me
My first I never made it to the alter, but was super young(19)! My fiancé’s mom guided me through buying a home, financing, paperwork, etc. She made it so her daughter would get half of the home if we were to split and sell. I didn’t know, and was just following along cause I didn’t know jack shit abt that stuff! Well i came home from offshore to an empty house, and empty bank accounts!!!! So I started over… Had $3500 in a 401K that saved me…

My next (28yr old) was an actual marriage, seriously thought it would be civil in our divorce. I paid for her down payment on a new home, paid off her new SUV, bought all new furniture, decor, appliances, decor, etc. for her. Didn’t want my son to have to live in a shithole with her and have everything at my house. Well when I started dating someone new the civility flew out the window. She ran me through the ringer in family courts and also criminal court! Good f’n riddance to her!!!!!! $80K down the drain….

My current I HAD to do a pre-nup!!!!!! No if’s, and’s, or but’s!!!!!! Only way I’d do it again… So far so good! Man, I lost a lot to women over the years!!!!

Cage

1. Don't drink, esp when on cycle.
2. Don't forget the anti-e. Never be afraid to quit a cycle if your anti-e meds are bunk.
3. Stay lean, no dirty bulking.

Bodybuilding? I think I did alright.

But while I'm talking to him, "DO NOT sell that Apple stock!!!!"

Bodybuilding? I think I did alright.

But while I'm talking to him, "DO NOT sell that Apple stock!!!!"

Apple stock. If only my balls were crystal 😢

And Matt, do not underestimate your accomplishments. Had you been willing to absorb the risks or if ‘things’ were different, as I hope you know, you would have created quite a stir in bodybuilding.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws