over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 times a day// 4 days a week?

Mr.Huge

Registered
Too much? Or cool? Been in the gym twice a day doing cardio 7am in the morn. Lifting at night Phil style for those that know the routine not a lot but hard heavy and get the shit done. Cutting weight not losing strength but getting stronger in the shoulder area and never had a big bench but still keeping same level there. I know it's a lot to do with technique but, I really don't care about strength alls i care about is what i look like. Those that know me know what Im about. Regardless here are my questions.. how many calories are sufficient while dieting but maintaining your muscle mass. I was out of the gym for a long period of time im talking 11 months then went back for like 3 months then off again for 3-4 moths but been back since like the second week of Feb. I have dropped about 14lbs in the last month maybe a little less is that too much weight loss in too short of a period. I look and feel much better. Im gonna drop to about 195-200lbs no lower I think at this weight doing this naturally i will be at around 6-10% b/f and look well in my old age..lol 28 soon to be 29. Anyhow your imput is appreaciated. I am using very lil supps. however a lot of sea food and complex carbs is the majority of my diet. about 200mgf Protein and 50-100 mg of carbs a day. Pm me or simple reply to my questions. I prefer replies here so that all benefit.

Mr.Huge

I doubt anyone could really answer how many calories you would need. There are too many variables. I don't know your height, current weight, activity level (job), body type, body fat percentage, etc. With a little more info, you could probably get a good idea though.

I don't count calories myself. I just let my body tell me if what I'm doing is right. When you reach a certain point, you can feel it if you need to cut more carbs or add more protien, cut fat, whatever. It's a matter of learning to feel things out. I have also learned to feel exactly how much cardio I can do before I start burning the muscle off. For me, it's only about 20 minutes three times a week. If I do more than that, I totally deflate. But, I have an ectomorphic bone structure too.

Getting lean is a learning process. If I have gone a week and don't look any leaner, then I know an adjustment is needed. Anyway, judging by what you said, I would bump the protein to at least 250-300 grams a day. From there manipulate the carbs and fat until you are seeing good results. Of course, after awhile, the results will start to slow and then some readjusting will be necessary.

Hey man, I do cardio 3 x week for 30min. and I work out Phil's style 5 x week...and I'm on the same boat you are. I'm trying lean up while preserving as much muscle as possible. It took me a while to figure out how many carbs I neeeded to eat a day to still feel full but to also lean up. I'm eating about 3800 - 4000 cals a day. 400gms of protein 250 - 280gms carbs, 120gms of fat. I feel great..my bf has gone down 2% and I've gained two lbs, this all in the last month and half.

Good luck

yeah hehe...

started at 235lbs 5'10" not sure b/f but definately not the best shape i have been in probably the worst. I'd have to say high teens when i started im sure im down to probably 14-16 now. Anyway I cut weight real quick and its not that hard for me to get it off. Im at 219 right now and still plan on dropping about 20-25 more lbs this will be the lightest I have been since high school. Keep in mind I m doing this naturally no gear etc. Havent used gear in 2 yrs.. I may come back to the dark side when im leaner but not right now and maybe not at all. Any how thanks for the imput thus far.

Mr.Huge

first if all

congratz good to see u back in there, protein 1.8 grams per kg of body weight so take your 219/2.2 then do the math. But make it easy cut out processed foods brown rice, oatmeal,grits are all little or no sodium. lean, lean red meats, and chicken, white fish, and ground turkey. Thats about all in my diet, I am never starving, always eating, just not what u want. Ud be surpised if u cut out all that sodium how much your skin comes back to the muscle. makes a Mr. Huge difference. cardio pre meal AM and then post workout, best times to do it. Not too intense, duration and high oxidative. ur doing great talk to u soon
take care
gooey :D

ok so....

gooey said:
congratz good to see u back in there, protein 1.8 grams per kg of body weight so take your 219/2.2 then do the math. But make it easy cut out processed foods brown rice, oatmeal,grits are all little or no sodium. lean, lean red meats, and chicken, white fish, and ground turkey. Thats about all in my diet, I am never starving, always eating, just not what u want. Ud be surpised if u cut out all that sodium how much your skin comes back to the muscle. makes a Mr. Huge difference. cardio pre meal AM and then post workout, best times to do it. Not too intense, duration and high oxidative. ur doing great talk to u soon
take care

I should not worry about the calorie intake while trying to cut weight then?

I eat all day long also id say 6-8 times throughout the day Im stuffing food in me every 2.5-3 hours or so. most of what i eat is cod, polluck, tuna, salmon and chicken breast. Brocolli, and peas and brown rice is in the diet as well.
Occasionally some low fat cottage cheese also. Added a piece of fruit each day usually a bannana or apple. Oatmeal plain in the am after cardio.

Is there anything here i shouldnt be eating?

Also what do you eat for red meats? Just really lean groung beef or sirloin?

I do the cardio first thing in the AM on a empty stomach. Then I come back later and lift and do cardio after Im through lifting. Usually 45 mins in the am on the treadmill fully inclined at 3.8mph. After woking out I do 25mins same thing. Thanks for the imput ...and it feel good to be back in the gym as well.. thanks..

Mr.Huge

This all loox good

just count the carbs and fat intake and reduce as much as u can handle (since ur not doing a contest rightnow) and manipulate. Lean red meat is fine, make it an early meal though, rest of the day to burn off. carbs are most important round training times, pre and post pending on the glycemic level. first meal of day can be oatmeal and eggwhites then post workout carb, other then that its protein and green, 25 min on cardio post, kiddin me get on there 35-45 min same as in am, dont have to run, but duration is the key and low to moderate intensity
gooey

ok.. sounds good...

gooey said:
just count the carbs and fat intake and reduce as much as u can handle (since ur not doing a contest rightnow) and manipulate. Lean red meat is fine, make it an early meal though, rest of the day to burn off. carbs are most important round training times, pre and post pending on the glycemic level. first meal of day can be oatmeal and eggwhites then post workout carb, other then that its protein and green, 25 min on cardio post, kiddin me get on there 35-45 min same as in am, dont have to run, but duration is the key and low to moderate intensity
gooey

Ill up the cardio in the pm to 45 mins as well and as for the meals i think i have that all in place for the most part. Only thing I'll add is the red meat as a meal early in the day and up the protein some. Also how many carbs should i be taking in?? I usually try to keep it around 100-150 is this too many? If they are coming mainly from green veggies oatmeal or brown rice? Thanks again..

Mr.Huge

Last edited:
k

Mr.Huge said:
Ill up the cardio in the pm to 45 mins as well and as for the meals i think i have that all in place for the most part. Only thing I'll add is the red meat as a meal early in the day and up the protein some. Also how many carbs should i be taking in?? I usually try to keep it around 100-150 is this too many? If they are coming mainly from green veggies oatmeal or brown rice? Thanks again..

Mr.Huge

green vegies dont count they are mainly fiber at a tad bit od digestable carbohydrate so dont worry bout those only count oatmeal and rice, they say anything below 100g carbs u fall into ketoacidosis, how do u feel, r u peeing more, smell any amonia, glutamine is an amzing product for dieting, eat it like water. I have it with every meal, pre and post workout and cardio. BCAAs too. Try this for about 3-5 weeks then monitor weight and progress and see if there are any changes, remem the body lags so what u do these weeks do not show till the next couple of weeks, so be patient, since your not doing a show relax, this is where u find out how u react to certain things w/o the pressure of doing something and being ready to be in shape for it. Make mental notes and keep consistent that is the name of the game.
gooey

yes peeing more....

drinking lots of water most of the time. Yes distinct smell was wondering what that was?? Im gonna keep the carbs down to about 50-75 a day then from now till May and see how things go. I feel good and full of energy most of the time. Once in a while a bit tired but i work 7 days a week and have my daughter also 2-3 days a week so im alsways busy or in the gym when im not. Anything else I should be doing eating etc? natural Peanut butter ok for days i feel weak? how much?

Mr.Huge

Last edited:
also...

how much sodium should one be taking in while dieting? I feel Im holding too much water and would like to keep the sodium levels as low as possible. Anything I have in my diet effecting my sodium levels? i only drink water also nothing else drink wise.

Mr.Huge

gooey said:
take care
Don't take this the wrong way gooey :D

I'm not sure I agree with you on removing "all" (or even most) sodium. You do know how to be one LEAN MOFO in competion!! If I remember correctly from you posting about your last contest, you had problems with cramps. I recently have had MAJOR cramps, at last competition and since - and I've been clean, most of thime since, almost 2 years.

I've had a couple of discussions with Phil about this - so I hope he chimes in.

When Gooey first told us that he was going to drink

xcelbeyond said:
Don't take this the wrong way gooey :D

I'm not sure I agree with you on removing "all" (or even most) sodium. You do know how to be one LEAN MOFO in competion!! If I remember correctly from you posting about your last contest, you had problems with cramps. I recently have had MAJOR cramps, at last competition and since - and I've been clean, most of thime since, almost 2 years.

I've had a couple of discussions with Phil about this - so I hope he chimes in.

Distilled water for his show, I cringed. Yo cant carb up, flex, etc..without sodium. I wont give away any hard earned info here, but please dont cut out your sodium.

I ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATTER AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH FLEXING OR WHAT EVER,never had any cramps,distilled watter never efected me.

but i do know a lot of guys do cramp.i just talking for myself.

sorry

PHIL HERNON said:
Distilled water for his show, I cringed. Yo cant carb up, flex, etc..without sodium. I wont give away any hard earned info here, but please dont cut out your sodium.

let me restate u dont cut out all sodium, u still get it in protein supps, naturally in chkn, turkey and egg whites so that is not cutting out, and I still use some to give flavor on my meats, but I do not go over board, myself I respond too quickly to it and bloat and get high blood pressure. Secondly phil is right, that last week some sodium is needed and I did 6 days of sodium/carb depletion with 6 dayz of distilled water hmmmm yea my electrolytes went on strike big time and left. So to reiterate, U still get sodium naturally from foods that I eat till that last week then I ween some things out, but will not do the same regiment again, scary road and dont want that again.. thanx u r right xcel and phil - as usual
gooey ;)

mY OPINION

jerrywear said:
I ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATTER AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH FLEXING OR WHAT EVER,never had any cramps,distilled watter never efected me.

but i do know a lot of guys do cramp.i just talking for myself.

No offense, but that sounds dangerous. Have you ever done a national level show? Can you explain medically the reason for using distilled?

Mr.Huge said:
Too much? Or cool? Been in the gym twice a day doing cardio 7am in the morn. Lifting at night Phil style for those that know the routine not a lot but hard heavy and get the shit done. Cutting weight not losing strength but getting stronger in the shoulder area and never had a big bench but still keeping same level there. I know it's a lot to do with technique but, I really don't care about strength alls i care about is what i look like. Those that know me know what Im about. Regardless here are my questions.. how many calories are sufficient while dieting but maintaining your muscle mass. I was out of the gym for a long period of time im talking 11 months then went back for like 3 months then off again for 3-4 moths but been back since like the second week of Feb. I have dropped about 14lbs in the last month maybe a little less is that too much weight loss in too short of a period. I look and feel much better. Im gonna drop to about 195-200lbs no lower I think at this weight doing this naturally i will be at around 6-10% b/f and look well in my old age..lol 28 soon to be 29. Anyhow your imput is appreaciated. I am using very lil supps. however a lot of sea food and complex carbs is the majority of my diet. about 200mgf Protein and 50-100 mg of carbs a day. Pm me or simple reply to my questions. I prefer replies here so that all benefit.

Mr.Huge

You are losing bodyfat and gaining strength.

To me you are doing what is right for YOUR body. Keep doing it until you stop getting good results and THEN start changing things.

If it aint broke don't fix it. :)

I understand this...I am not new to dieting....

Crowler said:
You are losing bodyfat and gaining strength.

To me you are doing what is right for YOUR body. Keep doing it until you stop getting good results and THEN start changing things.

If it aint broke don't fix it. :)

However, I have never dieted like i were training for a show. Therefore I was looking for some insight from those that have gone to that level to help me progress even further. i asically want to achieve my maximum potential without a/s or other or minimal supplemetation and see where I can get.

Thanks to those who have responded

Mr.Huge

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear