YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 weeks out from competition, striations everywhere yet abs are barely visible...?

Alright so it sounds like I need to do the following:

- train abs directly

- go no carbs for 10 days

- introduce carbs back in slowly

I appreciate all the honest feedback fellas.

I usually just train abs a month out.....just to get a feel for them....I prefer for my belly to not be distended. Actually gives me an advantage bc i go against guys with big guts. I would do 15 min of abs every other day from here on out, but wouldnt stress it at all, it wont make or break you. When you drop water, you will have good abs, I can almost promise you that. Good luck man, you look really good and should be top 3 or better....dont go crazy carbing up....200 carbs should be plenty for 2 days to carb you up......cut water at 2pm friday and at midnight start carbing up again and introduce some fat and salt in too..........I personally eat a shit load from midnight to prejudge......drink an ounce of water every 90 min. this formula never let me down.

I want to show you 2 pictures of me. The first one is around 8%% BF and the second one is around 5% BF and dried out. You are around the first one. Also keep in mind some guys do not have the best genetically built abs. I know I am one.

PS: Most guys can't judge thewir own BF. I know I am one. This is why it is good to get others opinions on how you look.

Attachments

• 7weeks out.JPG
    7weeks out.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 722
  • 4 weeks out.jpg
    4 weeks out.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 895
Absolutely. They thicken up over the years from heavy training.
Nobody judges abs. Have the freakiest legs and you're the winner.

Well I wouldn't say nobody judges them although a good pair of legs does trump them. I also trained abs directly for 30 years and It created a nice pouch sticking out. I have made some changes spending more time doing exercises for the core and it helps pull my abs in.

Seriously? This guy is 6 to 7% all day. If you were to cut water for 24 hours, youd dry up and look really good, especially for your first show. You have a great physique and would be competitive at any novice show. Just go no carbs for 10 days, then slowly introduce them back in , and you'll look great.

He is holding fat ...don't confuse that with water lol. Still you look good. Just make some adjustments and you'll be solid!

Op have you stopped weighing and going by mirror? if you dont mind what is weight or was last time you weighed?

I use the scale, and bf % about once a week during the prep as a tool only then toward last couple weeks or week and just go by mirror

Seriously? This guy is 6 to 7% all day. If you were to cut water for 24 hours, youd dry up and look really good, especially for your first show. You have a great physique and would be competitive at any novice show. Just go no carbs for 10 days, then slowly introduce them back in , and you'll look great.

ive prepped for three contests since 2009 (and cut down learning my b0dy since 2003, could have competed sonner) Ive always been a heavyweight 202, 212 and 214 were my weigh ins.

I've put on more size recently I find zero carb isnt for me, thugh expirementation-just made me feel like sh*t but dont be scared to try and see if it works for you. You look great and from now on its a science experiment finding out a formula for your body for this prep

lowest ive gone last prep 2012 was 100 carbs . do what you want

Absolutely. They thicken up over the years from heavy training.
Nobody judges abs. Have the freakiest legs and you're the winner.

It's not ab AB show, but muscle show...I had the same problem, trained abs, they got thick...have not trained them much at all in years!

Op have you stopped weighing and going by mirror? if you dont mind what is weight or was last time you weighed?

I use the scale, and bf % about once a week during the prep as a tool only then toward last couple weeks or week and just go by mirror

I'm 220 in those pics, id guess I'm around 218 now.

I'm 6'2 which is on the taller side, yes. I'll need to have a very productive, and extended off season to fill out my frame.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws