over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 weeks out- updates as promise

I have to agree with Tenny. Bodybuilding is expensive. And apparently you are paying someone to help you with diet. the problem is, you dont have enough muscle to do well, unless the show sucks. Your legs really do look like you have not put much training into them at all. I mean, from the side, your legs are really small bro. Your condition is OK, but without muscle, you are not going to look good. Take the time to put the work into you physique. Make the learning experience the dieting part. No sense going thru all this just to look like half a body showed up.
Dont take offense to this. I'm sure you worked hard, but you didnt put in enough time in the gym to get on stage yet, and this physique you are presenting is a waste of your time and money. Put the time in. Do the work. Then get on stage when your look like a bodybuilder.

Thank you for your critique. With less than 2 weeks to go I will go through with it. I dont like to give up. I would rather be in last place than take the easy way out and just drop out. I was down in the dirt after all this but I dont need to be. Im taking it and focusing on really growing like never before after the show. in the meantime i will do the best i can. Thank you for your advice.

One other thing that crossed my mind when reading through this, if you do or dont decide to compete, I'd continue pushing your diet until you're completley contest ready. After, slowly begin introducing calories, pound away, and really get that rebound effect. The increase in insulin sensitivity and responsiveness from your body should help bring those legs up and really put on some more size.

that is exactly what I was thinking, im really looking for a nice rebound. I have never done this before so im intersted to see what happens.

Well

You will hear a lot of advice here.......take it or leave this advice............you cant just blast legs into oblivion and expect to grow huge legs.........I am unsure what this rebound thing is being spoken of and how it effects the legs.........sounds odd to me..........this sport is not about who works out longer or harder or blasts more or rebounds..........its not like you have been neglecting your legs correct? I would guess you are probably over training them......sets after sets after drop sets after negatives is not the answer..........but you will see in time. If it is the answer, then let these guys show you their HUGE legs..........I want to see it

lol.....i mean you could prolly do the wheelchair nationals all you need is a wheelchair and NO one would argue

That comment was really uncalled for. You could have made your point without going there. The guy was just looking for some constructive criticism.

Yea

That comment was really uncalled for. You could have made your point without going there. The guy was just looking for some constructive criticism.

I know he did not mean anything by it......I understand your position though.........he meant no harm but I know how you feel.

your absolutely right
and im sorry for that one
:(

but......could he????.....yes
:cool:

He looks good to me....I don't see where all 200lbs are, but he looks good. Legs are underdeveloped a bit, there should probably be some more quad detail at 2 weeks out, but still....not SO far off that he should consider waiting a year or 2?!? In no way will he look out of place on stage.....Do the show I hope to god your not considering that advice.

You will hear a lot of advice here.......take it or leave this advice............you cant just blast legs into oblivion and expect to grow huge legs.........I am unsure what this rebound thing is being spoken of and how it effects the legs.........sounds odd to me..........this sport is not about who works out longer or harder or blasts more or rebounds..........its not like you have been neglecting your legs correct? I would guess you are probably over training them......sets after sets after drop sets after negatives is not the answer..........but you will see in time. If it is the answer, then let these guys show you their HUGE legs..........I want to see it

What do you call it then Phil? I agree that if he trains the same as he has his legs wont grow more than any other bodypart he trains. However, I do believe there is something there post contest that seems to "prime" the body for growth. I was lifting hard and "supplementing" for some time and had a very good trainer who was over my diet and training. I did everything to a T and never screwed around. I was 235 and too chunky, Shelby dieted me down to 198lbs for my contest, in two months I was 250lbs with abs and FAR leaner than I was prior to the contest. I know for a fact that if I would not have dieted down the progress I would not have progressed as much as I did. So I am one who believes that there is "something there" in regards to a rebound or whatever you may call it that seems to aid in muscle growth post contest. Or am I just crazy? Seems Shelby has went through this pretty damn well over the past couple years as well.

Well

What do you call it then Phil? I agree that if he trains the same as he has his legs wont grow more than any other bodypart he trains. However, I do believe there is something there post contest that seems to "prime" the body for growth. I was lifting hard and "supplementing" for some time and had a very good trainer who was over my diet and training. I did everything to a T and never screwed around. I was 235 and too chunky, Shelby dieted me down to 198lbs for my contest, in two months I was 250lbs with abs and FAR leaner than I was prior to the contest. I know for a fact that if I would not have dieted down the progress I would not have progressed as much as I did. So I am one who believes that there is "something there" in regards to a rebound or whatever you may call it that seems to aid in muscle growth post contest. Or am I just crazy? Seems Shelby has went through this pretty damn well over the past couple years as well.

I just saw your pics from 3 months ago and I asked you if you were even working out.......it did not look like like you made any gains to me. Now, you expect me to believe you were drug free at 250 and looked better than 235 before? Did you take stuff for the show? The time it took dieting down for the show you dont think you gained muscle on those drugs...........3-4 months? Of COURSE you will reap the rewards after eating again.......you gained muscle from dieting and drugs.............its not that hard to figure out. NOW, compare yourself to where you were at a fat 235 on the same stuff.......just keep it real man......be honest. Also, I just still do not understand how what you said......The increase in insulin sensitivity and responsiveness from your body should help bring those legs up and really put on some more size. makes sense..........increased sensitivity from what, eating more carbs? This will help a genetically weak area? Doing sets until you cant walk will help? I do not think Shelby has EVER trained that way.........since you brought him up.

Overall... Good Attitude...

What I like is that you seem very open to input, advice and criticism... I know it can be hard. This is the really hard part though... of knowing/filtering WHAT/WHO to listen to. One can be very teachable... but under the wrong teacher.... TROUBLE.

READ A LOT on your own, watch your body very carefully, "experiment" a little... more sets, less sets... what do YOU respond to?

You've gotten some VERY good advice here already... search around the site...
Phil, Tenny, DC, MountainDog, IABADMAN, B-Boy... read their stuff (with all due respect to anyone else I forgot, sorry :()

Besides that... upper body, real good work there man! :)

i need to say something

i feel your need to compete.....i really do
i want to offer you some great advise.....
you look like you NEVER did ANY leg work of ANY kind.
and i really hate when people say "its gonna be a learning experience"blabla
WHY put yourself through all the bullshit, time and money????
to maybe place (if theres only 5 people in the class)???

heres what i would suggest.......and i'm being staight-up here
not a dick, not an a-hole....(like 98% of the board thinks i am):D
just man to man, trying to help you out

86 this show......your not ready.....you need YEARS of leg training
just because you can just JUMP on stage doesnt mean you belong up there
and i'm not saying that you dont BELONG up there
but.....i am saying take the time to put the fucking work in
before you do!!!!!........you need 2 years (give or take)
to even look symmerical.......your upper body looks decent

lol.....i mean you could prolly do the wheelchair nationals
all you need is a wheelchair and NO one would argue

i'm NOT laughing at you man.......just telling you how it is and what i see

maybe you have had a back injury???to prevent from doing legs
bad knees maybe???hell......i dont know

honestly.......it PAINS me to see someone (like yourself) just jump on stage
like that.

what made you decide to get on stage????
would it absolutley kill you to wait another year or 2????

i will say.......BIG BALLS for even WANTING to do the show
and posting pics......i'm NOT bashing you bro
just putting it out there......what do you think????

overall how do you feel about getting on stage???
because youve said yourself "i know my legs are way behind"
so i dont understand WHY you would think your ready???

please dont take this as insulting, just trying to get through to you

:(

Man - that's harsh. it sounds more like you are trying to be funny at someone else's expense than offer helpful criticism. It's not really your place to tell him to drop out of the show - that suks as a comment. I'll do a show one day and be blown away by guys bigger and better than me - but that's MY decision and it should be respected. I've read some of your other posts and thought they were good but this one blows big time. And on top of that, I think he looks pretty damn good! He looks like a fukking bodybuilder! - isn't that what it's all about?

Man - that's harsh. it sounds more like you are trying to be funny at someone else's expense than offer helpful criticism. It's not really your place to tell him to drop out of the show - that suks as a comment.

In the bodybuilding world this happens all the time. See the just recent threads on here about Big Dave Smith and Lee Priest. A lot of guys and girls like Tenny set a certain standard for themselves. If for whatever reason they are going to show up at less then their best they pull the plug. In the bodybuilding world one will be looked down on for not at least equalling or exceeding their previous body of work. Tenny was just giving the opinion of an old, salty, seasoned competitor.

I'll do a show one day and be blown away by guys bigger and better than me - but that's MY decision and it should be respected.

I find your above comment a little strange. I am just guessing like many you have never competed but dream of doing so. I can promise you with the above outlook and will never happen. To be blown away on stage can be a humiliating experience. To diet and train like a bodybuilder and do a real contest prep is in many ways physicotic. I can assure that contest prep is not enjoyable for many it actually sucks. It sucks eating the same food day in day out. It sucks going to the gym and doing cardio when you don't feel well. It sucks training when you body is in an unnatural state. It sucks taking harsh drugs that if you take enough of them they will make you smell like sewage when they are excessively sweated out of every pore of your body. Contest prep takes a toll on relationships if you are able to maintain one at all. It's a selfish activity and it most occassions unless your partner and friends are just as f===d up as you then they will never understand what you do. You will find yourself at times avoiding them more and more just so they don't ask you anymore stupid f----g questions. At the end of your prep you then cut your water and you suffer a similar feeling of someone who dies of thirst as you have to choke down sweet potatoes every couple of hours.

Sorry to get a little long winded but I guess what I am trying to say is this...

you are absolutely dreaming if you think you can get yourself through a contest prep knowing "Hey when this suffering is all said and done I get to stand up on stage and get my ass kicked"

Thank you for your critique. With less than 2 weeks to go I will go through with it. I dont like to give up. I would rather be in last place than take the easy way out and just drop out. I was down in the dirt after all this but I dont need to be. Im taking it and focusing on really growing like never before after the show. in the meantime i will do the best i can. Thank you for your advice.

Thats a good attitude to have. Good luck and learn as much as you can in the process

In the bodybuilding world this happens all the time. See the just recent threads on here about Big Dave Smith and Lee Priest. A lot of guys and girls like Tenny set a certain standard for themselves. If for whatever reason they are going to show up at less then their best they pull the plug. In the bodybuilding world one will be looked down on for not at least equalling or exceeding their previous body of work. Tenny was just giving the opinion of an old, salty, seasoned competitor.

I find your above comment a little strange. I am just guessing like many you have never competed but dream of doing so. I can promise you with the above outlook and will never happen. To be blown away on stage can be a humiliating experience. To diet and train like a bodybuilder and do a real contest prep is in many ways physicotic. I can assure that contest prep is not enjoyable for many it actually sucks. It sucks eating the same food day in day out. It sucks going to the gym and doing cardio when you don't feel well. It sucks training when you body is in an unnatural state. It sucks taking harsh drugs that if you take enough of them they will make you smell like sewage when they are excessively sweated out of every pore of your body. Contest prep takes a toll on relationships if you are able to maintain one at all. It's a selfish activity and it most occassions unless your partner and friends are just as f===d up as you then they will never understand what you do. You will find yourself at times avoiding them more and more just so they don't ask you anymore stupid f----g questions. At the end of your prep you then cut your water and you suffer a similar feeling of someone who dies of thirst as you have to choke down sweet potatoes every couple of hours.

Sorry to get a little long winded but I guess what I am trying to say is this...

you are absolutely dreaming if you think you can get yourself through a contest prep knowing "Hey when this suffering is all said and done I get to stand up on stage and get my ass kicked"

I agree. This is kind of like saying "I'm entering a 40 yard dash even though I run the 40 in 6 seconds and the other guys run it in less than 5."
Why bother until you can at least challenge them.
It is'nt worth all that hard work and harshness on your body to do poorly. The last few weeks are very tough on the body, whether you are in shape or not.

donzi!!!!!!!

do this show and after its over

then pm me......and

i will train you for the same show next year for FREE!!!

:headbang:

Damn, Donzi even said he APPRECIATED tenny's response, and now because of the criticism from other members tenny is offering to train him for free. What a deal!! hahah

Im a bodybuilder, i dont take things too personal though (except my gf told me my arms look smaller the other day, i lost my apetite lol). I appreciate the feedback, advice, smartass commments, and encouragement. At the end of the day, I will do the show. I know im not the best but you have to start somewhere and Im taking this as a learning experience. I will use what has worked and what has not to my advantage as well as my determination to grow. If I progress yrl'y and come in better shape, larger, fuller etc them im going in the right direction. i didnt do the show to qualify for anything but more so as a sign of my personal commitment to myself to keep pushing. just like i will push through the show, i will push harder to bring my legs up.
Phil- Yes i do train them 2x wk in a HIT style. I have tried a 5x5 in the past and just got strong (strong for me) but didnt notice much development. i have noticed more in the past 6mo HIT style than in other methods i have used. it is a learning process. i wish i could learn quicker or figure out the secret for my body.
Tenny- i really didnt take your comments to heart so no worries. I have had smart ass family and friends my whole life-some partners who picked on my legs much like you lol. The guy im currently working with I have to give a fair shot too. If it dosent work out the best for me- im sure someone on here will be contacted by me.
i will put up more pics as i get closer whether you think I look like shit or not. Im a newb to posing but working very hard at it so hopefully that will help detract from my CLS (chicken Leg Syndrome). Either way look for updates cuz im putting them up as determination and motivation to keep progressing for me.

Yo bro - thanks for the response. i may have been as harsh on Tenny as he was on Donzi. Still, i believe you can make a point without ridicule and it is just as strong. I hate to see anyone discouraged to pursue something they have an interest or passion for. As for myself, i have no intention of getting my ass kicked, but I started 4 years ago and am 51. I'll never catch up with someone like yourself or Tenny who has been doing this for 20-30 years, but i don't see that as a reason for me NOT to compete. i think it is a huge missed opportunity to not do things because they may not be the "winner." Trite as it may sound the army's jingle, "Be the best you can be." is right on IMO.

I agree. This is kind of like saying "I'm entering a 40 yard dash even though I run the 40 in 6 seconds and the other guys run it in less than 5."
Why bother until you can at least challenge them.
It isn't worth all that hard work and harshness on your body to do poorly.
The last few weeks are very tough on the body, whether you are in shape or not.
Why bother until...? What if there are things in life you want to do and you always wait until....? IMO - Competing with yourself is just as valid as competing with opponents. And who is to say it isn't worth all the hard work and harshness on your body if you don't win? I believe in enjoying the process, the struggle, the idea of reaching for a higher goal.

Sorry for the long diatribe guys, but i just crossed over and i decided it's best to push myself until I drop and never stop short on anything i care about. Ironically I think the same is true at any age and i wish i had realized that when i was 20!

donzi!!!!!!!

do this show and after its over

then pm me......and

i will train you for the same show next year for FREE!!!

:headbang:

tenny - that's a very cool offer - i mistook your comments. You are very generous to share your experience & info, etc. even if it is harsh at times.

Tenny's Offer....

Donzi... with all due respect to your trainer and you.... TAKE TENNY's OFFER.

Seriously... again, if this sounds wrong I don't mean it to... but it would be FOOLISH to turn it down. You have a GREAT opportunity.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws