over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 weeks out- updates as promise

SHoot

Yo bro - thanks for the response. i may have been as harsh on Tenny as he was on Donzi. Still, i believe you can make a point without ridicule and it is just as strong. I hate to see anyone discouraged to pursue something they have an interest or passion for. As for myself, i have no intention of getting my ass kicked, but I started 4 years ago and am 51. I'll never catch up with someone like yourself or Tenny who has been doing this for 20-30 years, but i don't see that as a reason for me NOT to compete. i think it is a huge missed opportunity to not do things because they may not be the "winner." Trite as it may sound the army's jingle, "Be the best you can be." is right on IMO.

Why bother until...? What if there are things in life you want to do and you always wait until....? IMO - Competing with yourself is just as valid as competing with opponents. And who is to say it isn't worth all the hard work and harshness on your body if you don't win? I believe in enjoying the process, the struggle, the idea of reaching for a higher goal.

Sorry for the long diatribe guys, but i just crossed over and i decided it's best to push myself until I drop and never stop short on anything i care about. Ironically I think the same is true at any age and i wish i had realized that when i was 20!

Thats young! Concreteguy on this site started 4 years ago and he is 82.........you have a lot of time left!

I just saw your pics from 3 months ago and I asked you if you were even working out.......it did not look like like you made any gains to me. Now, you expect me to believe you were drug free at 250 and looked better than 235 before? Did you take stuff for the show? The time it took dieting down for the show you dont think you gained muscle on those drugs...........3-4 months? Of COURSE you will reap the rewards after eating again.......you gained muscle from dieting and drugs.............its not that hard to figure out. NOW, compare yourself to where you were at a fat 235 on the same stuff.......just keep it real man......be honest. Also, I just still do not understand how what you said......The increase in insulin sensitivity and responsiveness from your body should help bring those legs up and really put on some more size. makes sense..........increased sensitivity from what, eating more carbs? This will help a genetically weak area? Doing sets until you cant walk will help? I do not think Shelby has EVER trained that way.........since you brought him up.

Sorry to hijack your thread Donzi.

So you see no progress here? No new gains? Please Phil, I really dont understand you at all. I guess it doesn't matter really. I truly don't care what you think as I know I look much better than where I started and I'm much happier with my body so I guess that's all that matters..right? Yet in some sick sense I do want your recoginition, but bc I don't work with you and use your methods that will never happen.

And to answer your questions, I never said I was "drug free" at 250, so no, I don't expect you to believe that...I never said it...I thought it would be implied I wasn't. I'm not sure what you're saying in your jibberish either, I think you need a written english class, but my pics that you commented on and asking me if I was working out....yes I was...and I looked like I was...you just like to shit on anyone you can for no particular reason. I had taken a break on certain supplements so sorry if I didn't look as full or big in your eyes.

I'm also pretty positive that when you are eating zero carbs dieting, your insulin sensitivty increases which combined with introducing higher cals (above maintenance) you set yourself up in a better position to grow. Not sure why you would dispute that but of course you do. All I was stating in what you copied and pasted me is that post contest, hopefully he will hit legs harder than before or change his style of working out his legs to something that he responds better too. I think that it would benefit him in order to hopefully aid in bringing his legs up more to match his upper body. Again, not sure what would be wrong with that statement as he's obviously not training them hard or not using a system that allows him optimal growth....or maybe he just has shitty leg genetics but at least being in a state that his body is more willing to grow post contest, he can certainly try new things out and see if he can increase his leg size along with everything else. And yes, Shelby has certainly seemed to grow a LOT post contest...thats all I said...look at his pics...dispute if you want but he's certainly looking much bigger to me.

198lbs

051.jpg

250lbs

224.jpg

2 months apart.

And here are the comparable 235lb pics. 1st is 235 before my contest that i dieted with Shelby and this is my recent 235lbs that you said I didn't look like i had been working out lol. I mean for whatever reason you make me so fucking pissed off...you really do. I'll restrain from speaking my mind bc I think anyone that looks at these pics will see very good progress and certainly not see someone who looks like they don't work out.

312809001.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know?? Im not the expert im only stating what im being told to do. this is my first show and i have no clue how a contest diet works but judging by his competitors he knows what he is doing. I have also been given 8 oz sweet potato every day now instead of 2 on 2 off. maybe just to throw my body through a loop, maybe im way off i have no idea. My diet changes again friday which will put me at 8 days out. ill post pics up weekly but when it all boils down to it, it matters what happens the day of the show.
And Phil, again I dont know. I have no experience in this. im not coming off like i know what im doing just trying to update where im at and what im being told. maybe ill be a learning experience for others what not to do or maybe ill come in great, who knows.

I read all the comments on this page and I really feel bad for u on some of them.
One step at the time!!!! People are trying to tell u so much shit about this sport some of them not realizing what it takes.
I KNOW FROM A FACT THAT NONE OF THESE PEOPLE KNEW WHAT TO DO THE FIRST TIME!
I m still learning every day! DO NOT FEEL BAD, YOU WILL LEARN FROM YOUR OWN MISSTAKES, BUT YOU WILL ONLY GET BETTER!
Im only a girl and who am I for you to take advise from, but atleast Im not here to put you down.
So far YOU DID GREAT!!!

I read all the comments on this page and I really feel bad for u on some of them.
One step at the time!!!! People are trying to tell u so much shit about this sport some of them not realizing what it takes.
I KNOW FROM A FACT THAT NONE OF THESE PEOPLE KNEW WHAT TO DO THE FIRST TIME!
I m still learning every day! DO NOT FEEL BAD, YOU WILL LEARN FROM YOUR OWN MISSTAKES, BUT YOU WILL ONLY GET BETTER!
Im only a girl and who am I for you to take advise from, but atleast Im not here to put you down.
So far YOU DID GREAT!!!

VT- you look great, def size dif imo. Gin Thank you! I know I will/ have made mistakes but as long as i dont make the same mistakes 2x (assuming i know what they are) well then im on the right track of progress. Im not taking any of this personal, only using it as fule and motivation. you cant let everything bother you or else you will get no where so dont mind the little things imo. Focus on the task at hand. Im excited either way- 1 for my first show and to see how I come in, 2 to get it over and start growing again :)mmmm food!

VT- you look great, def size dif imo. Gin Thank you! I know I will/ have made mistakes but as long as i dont make the same mistakes 2x (assuming i know what they are) well then im on the right track of progress. Im not taking any of this personal, only using it as fule and motivation. you cant let everything bother you or else you will get no where so dont mind the little things imo. Focus on the task at hand. Im excited either way- 1 for my first show and to see how I come in, 2 to get it over and start growing again :)mmmm food!
Right on!
I like the way Ur mind works. :)
I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass but just listen to Ur body and see what happens after the first show.
Good luck to u!
I will keep track of u to see what happened though, lol.

Well

Sorry to hijack your thread Donzi.

So you see no progress here? No new gains? Please Phil, I really dont understand you at all. I guess it doesn't matter really. I truly don't care what you think as I know I look much better than where I started and I'm much happier with my body so I guess that's all that matters..right? Yet in some sick sense I do want your recoginition, but bc I don't work with you and use your methods that will never happen.

And to answer your questions, I never said I was "drug free" at 250, so no, I don't expect you to believe that...I never said it...I thought it would be implied I wasn't. I'm not sure what you're saying in your jibberish either, I think you need a written english class, but my pics that you commented on and asking me if I was working out....yes I was...and I looked like I was...you just like to shit on anyone you can for no particular reason. I had taken a break on certain supplements so sorry if I didn't look as full or big in your eyes.

I'm also pretty positive that when you are eating zero carbs dieting, your insulin sensitivty increases which combined with introducing higher cals (above maintenance) you set yourself up in a better position to grow. Not sure why you would dispute that but of course you do. All I was stating in what you copied and pasted me is that post contest, hopefully he will hit legs harder than before or change his style of working out his legs to something that he responds better too. I think that it would benefit him in order to hopefully aid in bringing his legs up more to match his upper body. Again, not sure what would be wrong with that statement as he's obviously not training them hard or not using a system that allows him optimal growth....or maybe he just has shitty leg genetics but at least being in a state that his body is more willing to grow post contest, he can certainly try new things out and see if he can increase his leg size along with everything else. And yes, Shelby has certainly seemed to grow a LOT post contest...thats all I said...look at his pics...dispute if you want but he's certainly looking much bigger to me.

198lbs

View attachment 40173

250lbs

View attachment 40174

2 months apart.

And here are the comparable 235lb pics. 1st is 235 before my contest that i dieted with Shelby and this is my recent 235lbs that you said I didn't look like i had been working out lol. I mean for whatever reason you make me so fucking pissed off...you really do. I'll restrain from speaking my mind bc I think anyone that looks at these pics will see very good progress and certainly not see someone who looks like they don't work out.

View attachment 40175

View attachment 40176

Maybe I can break it down to you like this since you have a hard time understanding..........maybe I will ask you a few questions first.
1. Do you think you are a bodybuilder?
2. Do you think you are a big bodybuilder?
3. How many shows have you done?
4. You are giving him advice on how to build his legs.......really?
5. Do you REALLY see a difference in those pics?
I ask this because you have a huge attitude problem and you its like seem to be a bit dillusional......its kinda like me arguing with Penny Hardaway about how to shoot a jump shot on NBA.com........another thing, I do not work with idiots with anger issues...........so I would never work with you. There is NO difference in those pictures except in the first picture you lost ANY amount of muscle you had in your quads........keep up this progress and in 10 years you will look exactly the same......

Maybe I can break it down to you like this since you have a hard time understanding..........maybe I will ask you a few questions first.
1. Do you think you are a bodybuilder? Yes
2. Do you think you are a big bodybuilder? No
3. How many shows have you done? 1
4. You are giving him advice on how to build his legs.......really? Nope, haven't at all. Surely don't see me telling him how to grow his legs. Maybe that's your comprehension issues
5. Do you REALLY see a difference in those pics? Yep, so did everyone else that was exclaiming that it was one of the best transformations they have seen in my original thread. I can post a link if you'd like.

I ask this because you have a huge attitude problem and you its like seem to be a bit dillusional......its kinda like me arguing with Penny Hardaway about how to shoot a jump shot on NBA.com........another thing, I do not work with idiots with anger issues...........so I would never work with you. There is NO difference in those pictures except in the first picture you lost ANY amount of muscle you had in your quads........keep up this progress and in 10 years you will look exactly the same......

Haha the last paragraph is the one I was waiting for. You're seriously hilarious Phil. You poke and prod at people and they respond and you call them crazy. If you only knew how 99% of the people here despised you then maybe things would be different. And trust me, If you offered me blow jobs and cupcakes everyday plus free training I'd still rather pay Shelby, John Meadows, Skip, Alex, and Chris Fox my full salary than work with you...so no worries there.

Last edited:
There is no shortage of good advice...

Here is the thing.. you have invested Time and money into this and although i have no idea of who is helping you for this.... your just following their lead....... so i cant fault you for the prep.....And im not saying you look bad.... you look dam good..

But... the number one thing a competitor needs to be succesful on stage is not condition...

its completeness... its having muscle and being complete... Condition is just icing on the cake but icing is not the cake itself...

I would finish what you started and let the judges will tell you what you need to work on.... Although you already know... then i would take the help from Tenny and bring up your weakness...

If this aint motivation bro.. then i dont know what is...

Last edited:
Hahahahhaha

Haha the last paragraph is the one I was waiting for. You're seriously hilarious Phil. You poke and prod at people and they respond and you call them crazy. If you only knew how 99% of the people here despised you then maybe things would be different. And trust me, If you offered me blow jobs and cupcakes everyday plus free training I'd still rather pay Shelby, John Meadows, Skip, Alex, and Chris Fox my full salary than work with you...so no worries there.

I am hilarious.... 99% of the people hate me........you wont take a blow job.......nor cupcakes......ok, I think I understand......hahahahahahahahhaah." BODY FORGED BY ANATROP".......ahhhhah FORGED??? hahahahhaha ....you slay me man

nm...

Last edited:
There is no shortage of good advice...

Here is the thing.. you have invested Time and money into this and although i have no idea of who is helping you for this.... your just following their lead....... so i cant fault you for the prep.....And im not saying you look bad.... you look dam good..

But... the number one thing a competitor needs to be succesful on stage is not condition...

its completeness... its having muscle and being complete... Condition is just icing on the cake but icing is not the cake itself...

I would finish what you started and let the judges will tell you what you need to work on.... Although you already know... then i would take the help from Tenny and bring up your weakness...

If this aint motivation bro.. then i dont know what is...
Thanks Alex, i will finish. i dont blame my trainer. Like i said, I have seen improvements in the short time i have been working with him. i cant expect miracles overnight. its been 6mo and part of that has been the dieting down phase which i know i can still grow up to a certain point when i start to lose what my body needs to grow in order to shed ( i hope that makes sense). i have to give the man an honest chance as I have seen what he has done with competitors so for now im sticking to the game plan im told. And yes, this is motivation.

Thanks Alex, i will finish. i dont blame my trainer. Like i said, I have seen improvements in the short time i have been working with him. i cant expect miracles overnight. its been 6mo and part of that has been the dieting down phase which i know i can still grow up to a certain point when i start to lose what my body needs to grow in order to shed ( i hope that makes sense). i have to give the man an honest chance as I have seen what he has done with competitors so for now im sticking to the game plan im told. And yes, this is motivation.

I hear what your saying.. hes working with what he has to work with...

And its not like your un teachable..

you know your weaknesses......

Some people never accept their weaknesses so they never improve... We all get stubborn in our ways man... You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders..... I really wish you the best too man..

what a thread!!

ok my advice to you, take it as you will I don't give a rats ass what anyone on this board does to be honest with you, but i will chime in and open my mouth anyways...

Put your fucking head down and drive hard to the finish line. do the show and stay the fuck away from this thread until its over. Then after the show come back read through this thread and use it for motivation to train like you have never trained before and put in the serious 24/7 dedication that this sport calls for.

there you go! read it use it or whipe your ass with it, whatever you want bro.

legs are small but dude is in shape...red meat instead of chicken is to fill up a little and stay full (fat in red meat duh) chicken is leaner than red meat doh! Upper body looks good, i say do the show dude why not. You need more muscle obviously but you dont look bad, some of these dudes are way overhating....what show are you doing?

try just training your legs once a week. high volume, lots of reps. something like 5-7 sets squats 8-12 reps, 5-7 sets leg press 15-20 reps, extensions 20-50 reps, lunges. Do that once a week and rest and recover and they'll grow, they have no choice to.

Oh wow

legs are small but dude is in shape...red meat instead of chicken is to fill up a little and stay full (fat in red meat duh) chicken is leaner than red meat doh! Upper body looks good, i say do the show dude why not. You need more muscle obviously but you dont look bad, some of these dudes are way overhating....what show are you doing?

Its all clear now! Thanks, we will try to calm down.......I cant wait to try your leg workout also! Lets see your legs for motivation........

In all honesty, did you train legs as hard as your upper body for the years you have been lifting? Or is the more intense trai ing something you started after you decided to do a show?

I'd take tenny up on his offer, but if not mountaindog just posted an article on leg training

Just read the enitre thread

If feel you bro... at 5'9" I weighed 150lbs at my first contest, and my legs were no better than yours are now. I have spent years being ignored when I would tell people I was a bodybuilder or people would look at me funny when I told them I was dieting down for a bodybuilding show. So I really feel for you when it comes to knowing you have a long way to go.

That being said, there are tons of guys now that I have slowly pulled ahead of, that once criticized me. If you truely want it bad enough, in time you can do the same thing.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still compete just the same as I have.
You learn something each time you compete. I'm not embrassed that people wrote me off, I'm proud of it. ANd it reminds me that I have a lot further to go.

You do have more balls than me though, cause I would have not posted my pics when I was your size. And your handling it much better than I would have. :D

One more thing....Phil is right, question your trainer about why. If he can't explain or blows you off, don't hire him again. Find one that is open to questions and likes to explain things to you. I've went though a few, and wasn't impressed until I found one that really wanted to explain things to me.....because he knows his stuff!!!

BTW, I won the lightweight novice class, 2 weeks after my first show, and one of the guys was in a wheelchair :D:D:D (This is true so nobody get mad)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity