advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 years post triceps surgery and still painful ?!

shaker89

Registered
Newbies
hello everybody

one year and 8 months ago i had a triceps tendon repair surgery after a motorcycle accident ,followed by 6 weeks in a brace and progressive rehabilitation afterward.
i used tb500 and bpc 157 with hgh for 3 months during the rehab ,i did 4 sessions of ESWT and cold laser ,i did some IASTM sessions.

strength wise i got a lot better and up to 80% of my previous weights ,but aesthetic look is ugly with a small bulge at the site of tendon above the elbow.
and i still have a lot of pain during isolation movements like single hand cable push down or skull crushers despite the strength progress.

anyone been there ? is it normal to have pain almost 2 years after ?
what should i do to at least reduce that pain to acceptable level so i can train hard again ?

Everyone is different and it sounds like you followed all the right steps. I’ve never personally torn that particular tendon.

How is the pain if you do moderate weight with a higher volume?

Probably stuck with the slight deformity. Be glad you’re still able to get close to where you once were.

Cage

Everyone is different and it sounds like you followed all the right steps. I’ve never personally torn that particular tendon.

How is the pain if you do moderate weight with a higher volume?

Probably stuck with the slight deformity. Be glad you’re still able to get close to where you once were.

Cage
i would say the pain is acceptable or more like a discomfort when using moderate weights (15 rep max or more)

The good thing is for tris there are so many exercise to target them, various rep ranges. How about close grip on chest press machine or dip machine? Even push-up ok medine ball? Maybe do the exercises that don't bother it 8-12 then the ones that don't bother it in higher rep ranges, drop sets to increase intensity as needed.

I doubt any peptides or pill will help. Maybe massage or stretching? If you haven't maybe consult with a sports PT who works with athletes (many pt suck) there may be scar tissue. I'm not a big believer but my guy is into cupping and that needle technique, he's healed any injury I've ever had and works with athletes exclusively.

How is your range of motion on that side?

Popped mine 2 years ago. 6 months ago a trainer recommended i work on getting the mobility and doing actual front rack squats. It was excruciating getting the arm to go in position, but oddly after doing them regularly the injured side has improved a ton. I'm only handling light weights in that position btw.

The good thing is for tris there are so many exercise to target them, various rep ranges. How about close grip on chest press machine or dip machine? Even push-up ok medine ball? Maybe do the exercises that don't bother it 8-12 then the ones that don't bother it in higher rep ranges, drop sets to increase intensity as needed.

I doubt any peptides or pill will help. Maybe massage or stretching? If you haven't maybe consult with a sports PT who works with athletes (many pt suck) there may be scar tissue. I'm not a big believer but my guy is into cupping and that needle technique, he's healed any injury I've ever had and works with athletes exclusively.
no problem with compound push movements ,push ups are okay too but still hesitant to try dips.
i had an ultrasound and indeed showed fibrosis and scar tissues ,but i don't know how to get rid of them ...deep tissue massage or eswt didn't do much.

does needle stuff work for this kind of injury ?

How is your range of motion on that side?

Popped mine 2 years ago. 6 months ago a trainer recommended i work on getting the mobility and doing actual front rack squats. It was excruciating getting the arm to go in position, but oddly after doing them regularly the injured side has improved a ton. I'm only handling light weights in that position btw.
range of motion is almost full but never tried front squats after the surgery ....i will try next time i go to the gym to asses the range and report back.
u said it improved alot after front squat ...what aspects that got better ...range of motion alone ? what about strength and pain ?

range of motion is almost full but never tried front squats after the surgery ....i will try next time i go to the gym to asses the range and report back.
u said it improved alot after front squat ...what aspects that got better ...range of motion alone ? what about strength and pain ?

Strength at full stretch and lockout positions. For example when doing calisthenic stuff like straight arm side planks I'd often lose stability with the lockout, but now it is getting better. Also, even though the muscle is deformed on the bad side, it did fill out a little on the the lower part. It is never going to look the same though, resigned to that. But yeah, the front squat really forces you into holding that strong wrist and tricep stretch.

I also have over two years after triceps surgery. The joint where the tendon is anchored still hurts. Uncomfortable, but I can practice all the exercises to the fullest .... I think it's for life and it is necessary to live with it. Unfortunately.

no problem with compound push movements ,push ups are okay too but still hesitant to try dips.
i had an ultrasound and indeed showed fibrosis and scar tissues ,but i don't know how to get rid of them ...deep tissue massage or eswt didn't do much.

does needle stuff work for this kind of injury ?
I saw this weekly on this site. Find a practitioner who does ART AND Dry Needing. This will be the only way to break down the scar tissue restricting the joint.

I also have over two years after triceps surgery. The joint where the tendon is anchored still hurts. Uncomfortable, but I can practice all the exercises to the fullest .... I think it's for life and it is necessary to live with it. Unfortunately.
Its not. Read below

I saw this weekly on this site. Find a practitioner who does ART AND Dry Needing. This will be the only way to break down the scar tissue restricting the joint.
thanks alot ....i will check it out ,hope it works.
i still have the fear of re tearing it with a sudden movement as i participate in some mma ....i don't know if that is a valid reasoning or just over thinking

thanks alot ....i will check it out ,hope it works.
i still have the fear of re tearing it with a sudden movement as i participate in some mma ....i don't know if that is a valid reasoning or just over thinking
Have some faith in what I said. If you pm your zip I will find someone for you who knows what they are doing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131