over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

20 tips on Injections to stay healthy and avoid unnecessary problems:

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just asked about this topic, I think a lot of good info was discussed so I'm going to share. I figure if anyone gets anything out of this then it may prevent a head ache in the future. So here are some very basic yet important tips about injections. (I was a body piercer for 6+ years so I'm a bit over cautious) I apologize if I'm reposting some of this, buts its hard to argue any of this can be too redundant. Feel free to add to this list I just wrote this off the top of my head, I will add any thing credible to this list.

1) Always aspirate before injecting, BD makes easier syringes to aspirate w/ over Terumo.
2) Use a fresh pin before poking skin, never the same pin you used to draw.
3) If your pin touches ANY THING from the time you remove the cap, from the time you pierce the skin, replace it w/ a new pin.
4) You should always draw back a bit of air in the syringe, then pump it into the vial your drawing from to create pressure.
5) When drawing back the syringe to fill w/ air ALWAYS leave the cap on, if not you potentially could fill the syringe with air borne bacteria/particles/germs ect...
6) Feel the area your about to poke with your fingers, to insure it’s a meaty spot.
7) Rotate injection spots often, if you come back to rotated injected spot, and it’s still tender/sore DO NOT poke again!
8) Use rubbing alcohol to clean the skin as well as the rubber septum top of vials before drawing/poking.
9) If pain is an issue w/ your gear due to high BA, dilute it down w/ sterile oil, 50:50 ratio seems to work well, adjust to what you can tolerate, your goal should be to not over fill the injection site yet not hurt 48 hours later.
10) Running hot water or heating a syringe (w/o needle) in microwave for a a few seconds will make the injection a bit smoother, this works especially well w/ hot water when doing HCG shots (COLD! from fridge)
11) Usually the worst pain is from pushing the needle tip on the skin, and breaking the skin. To avoid this add a bit of momentum, a little bit of speed will eliminate this pain, don't go so fast that you penetrate all the way in or you could risk piercing a nerve, which will just hurt a bit more.
12) After breaking the skin push in slow, if you feel the muscle twitch or an odd pain you're not used too, just pull out, switch tips, and poke another area of the muscle.
13) If you're needle length is too long, don't worry you can customize the length to your desire, simply cut the cap w/ a pair of sizzers, only exposing the desired length of the pin you wish to have. Another benefit of doing this is that the plastic cap gives you a bigger base against the skin to keep your hands steady.
14) Try not to always poke the EXACT same spot when poking the same muscle to avoid scar tissue
15) Use 23g or 25g on glutes (1.5" preferably if BF% is above 8%, 1" may be acceptable) use 25g 1" or 5/8" everywhere else on the body unless injecting sub-cutaneous (into fat i.e: HCG/HGH/Insulin)
16) Depending on frequency of injections, you should have several rotation sites to poke. when poking EOD (Every other day) you should at least have 6 rotation sites. such as glutes, shoulders, thigh. If poking every day, you should also incorporate bi's/tri's into rotation.
17) Make sure the skin is clean on the spot your about to inject. Also be sure to massage the area for at least 1 minute post injection, and inject about 1ml per minute.
18) Never inject when on stimulates or when hands are jittery to prevent unnecessary scar tissue.
19) Try to lay on the floor when injecting the glute, be sure to relax the muscle bring your leg over your hip, feel the spot out before poking, feel for the "meatiest" spot.
20) NEVER EVER re-use syringes or needles EVER for any thing, unless using syringes for liquid orals.

Last edited:
Cool list, #5 is quite pointless however. The air going into the syringe isn't going to be any cleaner or dirtier with the cap on or off. The cap isn't going to block any bacteria any better than it being off.

Cool list, #5 is quite pointless however. The air going into the syringe isn't going to be any cleaner or dirtier with the cap on or off. The cap isn't going to block any bacteria any better than it being off.

I expected this, and other skepticism on some of these. But here is the bottom line, its only an EXTRA step to pull of the cap, so why would you pull it off then draw? You just cannot justify that, There is a CHANCE when you draw in the air, maybe only slight but a CHANCE you could pull some thing from the air, its very slight yes I agree but to say its not existent is ignorant. Better safe then sorry right? That is what this article is all about, do a search on "puss" with my name and you will find a post by showing pictures of a full syringe full of blood/puss from a 20g syringe draining one of my infections, its about 5 years old!

Last edited:
great post this is one of my biggest pet peves. spend the money and take the nessecary precautions before injecting. I had a scare on time injecting in to the quad it was cramped and almost felt torn and it was all cause i didn't have a filter left so i injected straight on out of the amp i kick my self in the ass for that one.

I expected this, and other skepticism on some of these. But here is the bottom line, its only an EXTRA step to pull of the cap, so why would you pull it off then draw? You just cannot justify that, There is a CHANCE when you draw in the air, maybe only slight but a CHANCE you could pull some thing from the air, its very slight yes I agree but to say its not existent is ignorant. Better safe then sorry right? That is what this article is all about, do a search on "puss" with my name and you will find a post by showing pictures of a full syringe full of blood/puss from a 20g syringe draining one of my infections, its about 5 years old!

I'm not doubting the fact that you "might" get an infection through airborne bacteria, I am however disagreeing with you that a cap is going to block airborne bacteria when in fact it absolutely will not. You are still drawing in the same air with it on or off and a cap isn't going to block some microscopic bacteria.

And thanks for putting the time and effort into making a list like this, there's some good info there. I didn't want my post to be entirely negative, just learn to take some criticism especially about questionable practices. Cheers.

Maybe I'm and idiot, but can someone help me understand the position of number #19

A gentle tapping motion after breaking the skin

I use a very gentle tapping motion to sink the needle in after breaking the skin.

It has worked well for me over the these many years.

Maybe I'm and idiot, but can someone help me understand the position of number #19

You can stand, but that is going to flex the glute, if it works for you fine, but its easier to poke a relaxed muscle. As for finding the meatiest spot, that is just common sense. The extreme opposite example of that would be to inject right on the edge of a muscle, lets say the very edge of your side delt, trying to fill with 2-3cc's. That is going to hurt for quite some time!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity