200 rep destroyer set

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
We don't get many threads about training so I figured I would start this. Obviously anything training related has probably been done 1001 times before. That still doesn't stop be creating new training protocols to keep things different and fun/horrible :D

Here is just an idea for anyone wanting to spice a workout up and really go for it. I am not saying your gains will be great or it will add inches but you get the idea.

Anyway it's best using this technique on a machine... hammer strength being perfect. It could be used on anything but I wouldn't do it for movements such as barbell squats or deadlifts. So far I have done it on hammer strength low lat row, hammer strength chest press and lateral raises. 2moro I plan to do it for leg press.

It's a finisher move or even a workout in itself for some as this will have a massive impact on your targeted muscles and cns. The pump you get is incredible.

Pick a weight you can get about 20 to 30 good controlled reps from. Go to complete failure and try not to let yourself have more than 10 seconds rest ever (5 secs being your aim). So you may get 25 then 15 then 10 then 5 then 3 then 3 and so on. On lat rows I was literally getting 2 to 3 reps for about 30 sets until I got to the 200 total.

No fast paced crappy reps they need to be controlled. It takes mental strength when you are destroyed after 50 reps and know you have 150 to go but it's a great feeling. If anyone decides to try it let me know how it goes :)

combine this with 80iu of Humalog and 2 quarts of orange juice :headbang::headbang:

combine this with 80iu of Humalog and 2 quarts of orange juice :headbang::headbang:

Yes but it has to be 40IU before and 40IU after the destroyer set. Plus IGF-1 DES after 100 reps but you have to inject it within 5 secs as you only have 10 secs rest. Then you will GROW :D

I've done the occasional 100 rep non stop set with a single weight. I got sore, big fuckin deal. I can't see this being different. It's just pain for the sake of pain. I'd rather lift weight.

That sounds like extreme inflammation and an injury waiting to happen....unless you're in your early to mid 20's...then maybe you'll be fine.

I've done the occasional 100 rep non stop set with a single weight. I got sore, big fuckin deal. I can't see this being different. It's just pain for the sake of pain. I'd rather lift weight.

No it's going past the point of failure again and again and fast. It's something a bit different. It's not just about pump either and fairly heavy weights should be used with only good form. Usually when guys do 100 rep sets they start doing fast reps. I was sometimes the same when I used to do 100 rep leg press. The very short rest periods mean you should only be able to do a few reps at a time by the later half of the set. Plus it's about mental toughness which I think will improve the rest of your lifting... may that be 6 reps or 20 reps.

Don't get me wrong the basics work best and I usually do 6 to 20 reps for everything. I am not saying this is needed at all it's just a bit of fun and something to try and accomplish.. nothing more. It's just a technique I figured some could benefit from in regards to intensity and really hitting a muscle hard.

That sounds like extreme inflammation and an injury waiting to happen....unless you're in your early to mid 20's...then maybe you'll be fine.

I think rather it is very very unlikely to cause any injury. Lifting heavy weight is what most risks injury. I'm sure youre going to get real sore but it should not injure anything. Ive done 100 rep sets on squats and it is brutal. I cant imagine doing 200 reps. I did 100 reps with a similar protocol squatting 225.

I think rather it is very very unlikely to cause any injury. Lifting heavy weight is what most risks injury. I'm sure youre going to get real sore but it should not injure anything. Ive done 100 rep sets on squats and it is brutal. I cant imagine doing 200 reps. I did 100 reps with a similar protocol squatting 225.

Exactly. Squatting 600 pounds for 1 or 2 reps is more likely to injure you than doing a high rep set like I posted. I also recommended machines due to safety reasons too. You can go all out on certain machines and lose yourself without major fear of injury. I would never do this for free bar squats or deadlifts.

I sometimes don't get people on here. They literally question and dissect everything. I didn't post this like it is some new secret to adding 5 pounds of muscle. It's just something to try out for a challenge.

I have done similar with like you state high rep squats etc. I do think they are slightly different though. Meaning when I done 100 rep leg press I would pick a weight I could get 100 reps with. Well I would pick a weight I wanted to fail at 50 reps but would grind them out till I got to 100 reps. With this I am literally failing at 20-30 reps to the point I have to drop the weight. Then I do another set and so on. It's a giant rest paused set. It's definitely not something to do every week but I just figured someone might try it out and like how it feels :)

there is validity to this Elvia....

i use 100 rep sets OFTEN....and so do our (TMT) people.

it works......well.

:cool:

Not sure of how many reps, but unloaded 3 full trucks of concrete in 4hrs yesterday...Around 80 Tons, 1 rep at a time.
Now that's A high intensity cardio workout.

Not to mention the 85^ Sun and 90% humidity!

Little more intense than sitting on a machine in an air conditioned Gym.

But I feel your pain..lol

The one health concern that would come with such a set (and I think only if it was done by someone who was deconditioned) is Rhabdomyolysis, or Rhabdo for short.

Rhabdo and CrossFit - CrossFit Impulse

Guess if you are on tren it would be hard to use the indicator they show in the link.

there is validity to this Elvia....

i use 100 rep sets OFTEN....and so do our (TMT) people.

it works......well.

:cool:

Yes it really does. I was down playing the potential results just cos I know what guys are like on here. Obviously guys only need the basics and no fancy stuff. But as you say these techniques really do work well. Some guys literally won't try anything new... never think out of the box. Many people have literally never done more than 12 reps ever. Nothing wrong with that but I do think high reps can be extremely beneficial. Two areas I think really respond well are legs and delts but all areas do.

I don't do 100 reps often but still nearly every week. When you have your guys do 100 reps how do you use different techniques? One of my favs for 100 reps are lateral raises either db's, machines or cables. I am a big fan of the lateral raise machine for higher reps. I usually pick a weight I will struggle to get 50 reps with. Then I just rest pause it until I get to 100 reps like in the 200 rep set above. Sometimes I may go lighter and just try and grind out 100 reps without stopping. I definitely get more from the first option but both are great.

The one health concern that would come with such a set (and I think only if it was done by someone who was deconditioned) is Rhabdomyolysis, or Rhabdo for short.

Rhabdo and CrossFit - CrossFit Impulse

Guess if you are on tren it would be hard to use the indicator they show in the link.

I am only on 30mg tren a per day so I will be able to pick up on that. Thanks for posting.

Not sure of how many reps, but unloaded 3 full trucks of concrete in 4hrs yesterday...Around 80 Tons, 1 rep at a time.
Now that's A high intensity cardio workout.

Not to mention the 85^ Sun and 90% humidity!

Little more intense than sitting on a machine in an air conditioned Gym.

But I feel your pain..lol

That sounds like a nice day in the sun to me ;) No wonder you have such a good tan.

Air conditioned gym... well they have a fan but that's about it. I also wear a hoodie... extra hardcore :eek::D

One of my favorite things to do to inflict pain is work up to heavy sets on the leg press of 5-10, and then just do a massive dropset. Did it yesterday and then 50 reps when I got to 4 plates and 100 with just the sled.

Down the rack sets will hit you hard also.
Started with like 50lbs alternate d-bells curls till failure then 45's and so-on.
Funny at the end Screaming in pain with the 10's.

I've done stuff like this for an entire workout. Mike Rashids 200 rep bench press thing or whatever, I can't recall. I've done that as a workout a few times. I've done a variation similar with shoulder presses on the smith machine. Just constant set after set, pyramids of like 20 sets, etc. It works well to change things a bit. I usually do something like this if I have stalled and have stopped getting sore the next day.

This is a fun idea though to spice things up. In reality any type of progressive training will do of course but ideas like this may help those that don't usually push themselves to push themselves to new levels. I experimented with stuff like this for my Wife to push her into that mode of working a set till actual failure. She use to train like the typical gym goes, 10 rep sets, then rack the weight and done. Now she trains like a bodybuilder :headbang:

Started with like 50lbs alternate d-bells curls till failure then 45's and so-on.

Hell yea, I love running the rack with laterals or curls. Man when you get to those 15lb dbs and you are barely moving lol!

Hell yea, I love running the rack with laterals or curls. Man when you get to those 15lb dbs and you are barely moving lol!

Don't lie to everybody. We both know you start with the 15lb db's ;)

Good stuff. I do drop sets every workout. Sometimes I go down then back up again :eek: I remember watching some of Neil Hill's (trains Flex Lewis) and he gave me the idea. Things like 15 reps shoulder press then you drop down weight for another 15 reps then again for 15 reps then go back to the top weight and try and get 15 more. One exercise I do a lot of drops on are leg extensions.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws