over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2011 Beast of the Bluegrass

fubaseball

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I competed in the Beast of the Bluegrass this past weekend in Lawrenceburg, KY. It was a good competition with a lot of very strong guys haha I placed 5th, one point out of 4th. There were 9 total competitors in my weight class.

I had a good day for me personally... I was the 5th to go in every event and would do good and think that I was going to make up ground, but then the next few guys would be a little faster or pump out a few more reps haha. I have been off for 6 weeks and was happy with the strength that I kept going into this competition. Though it is time to put on some more strength for the coming events ;) It was a platinum competition, so I was hoping to get top 3 to qualify in the 231lb class for nationals. I am already qualified in the 265lb weight class from a earlier competiton, but I am not ready for nationals in the 265 yet haha

230lb log for reps
YouTube - KM Strongman 230lb Log Press
I was going good through 6 reps, I lost my balance a little and that threw my whole rhythm off

650lb yoke for 100ft
YouTube - KM Strongman 650 Yoke
This was a PR

Car Deadlift
YouTube - KM Strongman Car Deadlift
My first time doing this. It was very uncomfortable... normally I am a good deadlifter.

Farmers Handles 220, 260 and 280lbs for 50ft each
YouTube - KM Strongman Farmers Handles
Also a PR

Atlas Stones
YouTube - KM Strongman Atlas Stones
220lb to 65"
240" to 60"
275 to 55"
300 to 50
330 to 45

For some reason I have not been able to load the 330 lately. Its very discouraging, because just in December I was loading a 400lb stone. I have no top end anymore as you can see in the last stone. I use to be able to power that up...

Overall it was a good day.

P.S. Sorry its all separate videos. I dont know how to consolidate them into one haha if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it

Awesome job!! Wish I was that friggin strong!

Awesome job!! Wish I was that friggin strong!

Thanks bro! I'm gonna take this week and plan out the next 6 months to prep for nationals. I don't want to just do good at nationals, I want to make a name for myself. So it's time to get busy! And I'm going to trust P-L to get me there ;)

Congrats brother!! Enjoyed watching the vids!! Inspiring to say the least! Best of luck to you in that sport!

Your a fucking beast man good job wish you the best at nationals

Damn good job man!! good luck in your future competitions.

Thanks bro! I'm gonna take this week and plan out the next 6 months to prep for nationals. I don't want to just do good at nationals, I want to make a name for myself. So it's time to get busy! And I'm going to trust P-L to get me there ;)

Hey FU, Are you still training the same way you were when you posted your Strongman's Log back in the beginning of the year? Just wondering what you changed, if you changed anything at all? Great job at the Bluegrass Bro!

Thanks fellas!

No I really haven't changed much. Stones have always been my strongpoint I could count on to make up ground. But since prolly late feb, they have been going down... I'm not sure what it is. I just have no top end strength to power it up

Great Lifting mate. I'm hoping to do my first strongman comp later in the year.. lol waited till I turned 40 to decide to get into that but anyway...

I'm curious, what type of training do you find works best to compliment the event lifts? I"ve read about 5/3/1 and so on, just curious to hear what current competitors are finding beneficial.

Great work again.

Matt.

Very nice brother. Enjoyed watching the videos, excellent power....

Great Lifting mate. I'm hoping to do my first strongman comp later in the year.. lol waited till I turned 40 to decide to get into that but anyway...

I'm curious, what type of training do you find works best to compliment the event lifts? I"ve read about 5/3/1 and so on, just curious to hear what current competitors are finding beneficial.

Great work again.

Matt.

I don't follow a a certain style of training. When I started I was doing a 5/3/1 method, which was good. Built a good strength base.

Now my week goes like this.

Monday ~ overhead presses
Tuesday ~ Arms
Thursday ~ Squats and deads. I either go heavy squats an light deads or light squats and heavy deads
Friday ~ chest and back
Saturday ~ Events

Very nice brother. Enjoyed watching the videos, excellent power....

Thanks BN!

I've always thought you would be a hell of a Strongman. Haha especially your press. I remember watching your video of doing shoulders on the squat machine. So much weight you had to duct tape it on lol

I don't follow a a certain style of training. When I started I was doing a 5/3/1 method, which was good. Built a good strength base.

Now my week goes like this.

Monday ~ overhead presses
Tuesday ~ Arms
Thursday ~ Squats and deads. I either go heavy squats an light deads or light squats and heavy deads
Friday ~ chest and back
Saturday ~ Events

Thanks mate, appreciate your time in responding.

Need a Job??

I own a couple of auto body shops. Some of the cars that come in are difficult to move around. You could just pick them up. Nice job!

I own a couple of auto body shops. Some of the cars that come in are difficult to move around. You could just pick them up. Nice job!

Haha thanks bro! They didn't have those weights near the handles while we were warming up, the car was manageable then. Try only added 140lbs, but damn it felt like a huge jump

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws