advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2011 Master's National - 6 1/2 Months out now!

mikeheavypecs

IFBB Judge
JUDGES
Hey friends!
It makes me feel good that several of you have been asking about my progress. This is the BEST Board for brotherhood and motivation in building muscle and entering contests. It has helped motivate me so much knowing that you all are helping me in my journey to the Master's Nationals 50+ July 23rd in Pittsburgh by letting me know my strong and weak points. Please critique my pics taken last Sunday, 1/2/2011, it won't hurt my feelings :) , but only help me do my best in the Show!!
Well, I am now at 238. I'm hoping I don't have to go below 230 but I will do whatever it takes. I started out at 274 three months ago. This is not easy as many of you all know, but it is very challanging and rewarding watching the transformation. My biggest hurdle still is that I feel so tiny at 238 it plays with my mind! LOL

Please let me know what my weak points are! I still have time to fix some of them. I will show my wheels next month :) My quads are my weakest part.

Thanks Bros! Your comments mean a lot to me. As always I want to thank my Trainer Phil Hernon for all his help and motivation!

Mike

Attachments

• DSC00541 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00541 [1024x768].JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC00542 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00542 [1024x768].JPG
    165 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC00543 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00543 [1024x768].JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 596
  • DSC00546 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00546 [1024x768].JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 563
  • DSC00547 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00547 [1024x768].JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 564
I hope I don't bore you all :) but just a couple more pics for assessment...
Thanks!

Hey friends!
It makes me feel good that several of you have been asking about my progress. This is the BEST Board for brotherhood and motivation in building muscle and entering contests. It has helped motivate me so much knowing that you all are helping me in my journey to the Master's Nationals 50+ July 23rd in Pittsburgh by letting me know my strong and weak points. Please do the same here, it won't hurt my feelings, but only help me do my best in the Show!!
Well, I am now at 238. I'm hoping I don't have to go below 230 but I will do whatever it takes. I started out at 274 three months ago. This is not easy as many of you all know, but it is very challanging and rewarding watching the transformation. My biggest hurdle still is that I feel so tiny at 238 it plays with my mind! LOL
Please let me know what my weak points are! I still have time to fix some of them. I will show my wheels next month :)
Thanks Bros! Your comments mean a lot to me. As always I want to thank my Trainer Phil Hernon for his help and motivation!
Mike

Attachments

• DSC00548 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00548 [1024x768].JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 537
  • DSC00549 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00549 [1024x768].JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 462
Hey,

You critiqued my physique, so I will do my best to help you.

You're thick up top, for sure. Even with your quads being covered, it is an obvious weak point for you (which you are aware of). I'm sure Phil will have you hammering away at those for the next few months.

The best advice I can give is DON'T LET THE NUMBERS PLAY WITH YOUR HEAD!! Come in where you fall, don't worry about your weight - come in shape!

IMO, it looks like you will be in the Heavies.... if you come in peeled. Best of luck!

Mike

I see alot of hard good progress here. Great job!! Only thing i can think of is come in as lean,ripped,sliced and diced as u can, never go by scale goals.::port-smi

I agree with what caveman said.. dont worry about your weight.. your making good progress, come in as ripped as you can.. you will looker bigger leaner..good luck and keep up the good work

your doing aweome man! big improvements since last pics. Your in good hands man, and I look forward to tracking your progress!

You obviously have a good amount of muscle.. but like the others, I have to concur- you are going to be a heavy- NOT a superheavy. The pictures were not very detailed but I would put you at least 20 pounds out based on what I can see- again- they are not the most detailed so I could be off.

Also, while you obviously can't change the physical characteristics of your body, you can do certain things to give your body a better "flow". When I look at you- I see one muscle, then I see another, then I see another- I don't see tie ins or a good flow- it will probably improve dramatically when you start to get lean but it is something you should really work on. I have found that supersets and giant sets for a bodypart do that for me.. but everyone is different

Don't worry- you will get your chance to critique me as well. I will be there as a lthvywt...

Do yourself a favor. Stay off the scale or limit it to 1x a week at the same day same time. The more you feel "small" according to the scale, the more you will be tempted to cheat on your diet and cardio. And the more you will be driivng yourself (and everyone close to you LOL) crazy. Get in your best shape you can whether its 225, 215, or even 195. The scale is not your friend, although its not quite your enemy.

Your are making great progress, keep up the hard work!!!

big improvements bro....but dont let the numbers on the scale fool ya.....you ask for critique, so i will give you what i think....I think you have alot of muscle, but I think you still have 25-30 pounds to shed to be in tip top shape...maybe a little less depending on how your training...Not tryin to bash, just giving an honest opinion...Keep up the good work.. You still have a lot of time

SN95 - Thanks, man, I really appreicate that! I needed that :)

NEVERSOFT - Hey Bro! This is what it is all about, helping each other right? Thanks for your input. Yeah, I am killing my quads/hams twice a week now at the gym, never worked any bodypart so hard. They are growing, but slowly. I know that will be my weakest part on stage but I will see what I can do with them in the remaining 6 1/2months. I agree, I'm planning on coming in as a HeavyWt and whatever weight I have to reach to be ready for the show I will. Thanks again!

CAVEMAN/STATEHACKER - I apprecaite your feedback also. I'm going to quit getting on the scales in the gym except for maybe once a week.

h8tr3d - Thanks Bro! I agree, I am in good hands with Phil! Rusty Jeffers is helping me with my posing, so I got some of the best trainers. It's just up to me now :)

Tazzie, hey man, I will be looking forward to meeting you at the contest. I am amazed at the number of men/women getting ready for the show already. I hear it will be a huge show along with the Teenage Nationals. I understand about the flow you are talking about; I'm hoping that will occur as I get leaner..guess we will see :) Thanks and good luck to you also!

RED5150 - Good advice. I am staying off the scales but once a week. You are right on, when I weigh and it is several pounds less than I have weighed yet, I will increase the carbs worrying about loosing muscle size, but just weighing once a week should help that. Thanks for the encouragement, man!

hey BROJM, Yeh, I will just see what I have to get down to in order to be competitive in the show. I'm hoping it is not more than 20 but I will do whatever I have to do to be ready! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Thanks everyone! This is such a great Board!
Mike

wowzers

i hope i look that good when im older damn bro keep killing it you look bad ass

Mike,
first of all congratulations on the improvements you've made so far. That is quite an accomplishment in itself. You look like you're on track, 6 1/2 months is plenty of time for you, especially given the group you've surrounded yourself with. I'm not gonna say a whole lot, because the previous posts contained what I would say. I do believe you are going to be under the desired weight you wanted, however, don't let that bother you. It's better to come in lighter and peeled than heavier and holding fat. You know that from judging. Keep making improvements and stay focused on the goal = Coming in the best possible condition you can present!

I must say- it does take a lot of sack to post pictures that far out.. I am not sure I would have the courage.. so good for you.

Mike- what was the feedback from your last couple of shows and how did you do?

I don't think you need to worry at all about size! Your a house!
Very good progress brother! You look better than most guys half your age!

YES!

BIG MIKE! 3 months and 36 lbs later.....all I can say is: F#*cking Nice!!! Great job thus far my friend, You have already shown you have the work ethic and mental discipline to come in and drop some jaws and do some damage in July! Amazing progress so far..... keep to your plan and stay off the scale! F#*cking Nice!

Here come's the ab's!!! Looking good bro, and you dont look small at all bro! Arm's are looking huge bud. Good luck!

lookin good

I wish I could be that TINY :)

I think 20 lbs could do it, just don't rush it as you still have pleny of time.

I'm an old fogey myself and wished I looked half as good. Oh well, back to the gym!!

Best of luck!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

LittleJames/JRMUSCLE
WOW! Thanks! I really apprecaite your comments. I "killed" myself in the gym tonight doing Back and you all help make it worthwhile with comments like that :)
Mike

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity