over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2012 Mr.O Posing and music.

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
It was only a few guys at this Mr.O with some good posing . Most of the posing where boring, some of choice of the music was very bad.

couldn't agree more.
terrible representation. they need to put more time in, and I do not mean more dancing

Very true. While watching the webcast, the wife peeked and said the music is plain horrible.

Remember the posing routines are about the audience now, and some of them did a great job entertaining the people there.

i think shawn rhoden thought he was in a most awkward song for a massive human to pose to contest.

I couldn't stand the commentary.

First it was really negative. Back when I started bodybuilding in the mid 90s being invited to the MrO was an achievement. Guys who placed top 10 were gods. All I heard from the commentators this year was "well he's not top 3 but good for him to show up" kind of comments. WTF?

Also if I heard the word "feathered" one more time I was going to punch my TV screen.

I couldn't stand the commentary.

First it was really negative. Back when I started bodybuilding in the mid 90s being invited to the MrO was an achievement. Guys who placed top 10 were gods. All I heard from the commentators this year was "well he's not top 3 but good for him to show up" kind of comments. WTF?

Also if I heard the word "feathered" one more time I was going to punch my TV screen.

I cant stand that "feathered" bullshit, by far the WORST FUCKING WORD anyone can use to describe quad separation.... :banghead::banghead:

Remember the posing routines are about the audience now, and some of them did a great job entertaining the people there.

I strongly disagree with that. seeing front double bi's and most muscular with a mean mug that has nothing to do with the music chosen, or for that matter an ass wiggle here and there with a moon walk thrown in does not entertain an audience

hardly any of them put time in
they all huff and puff

evidence solely based on the pose down. they are not even on the stage
give the people their money's worth?

how bout you pose on stage under the lights, so EVERYBODY CAN SEE YOU, have the judging really matter, then go out in the crowd and guest pose

something is missing
npc guys sometimes pay for their music and pay for help with choreography

I know these guys pay for the music mix so it can say thier name and goofy nickname one more time, b/c Bob saying isnt enough, or loud EXPLOSIONS so they can act like MACHIneS (SO CLEVER :() but if they pay to get choreo, they are being ripped off
they just hit poses so the camera's can get the shots. why else would they hit the same one 12 times

I strongly disagree with that. seeing front double bi's and most muscular with a mean mug that has nothing to do with the music chosen, or for that matter an ass wiggle here and there with a moon walk thrown in does not entertain an audience

hardly any of them put time in
they all huff and puff

evidence solely based on the pose down. they are not even on the stage
give the people their money's worth?

how bout you pose on stage under the lights, so EVERYBODY CAN SEE YOU, have the judging really matter, then go out in the crowd and guest pose

something is missing
npc guys sometimes pay for their music and pay for help with choreography

I know these guys pay for the music mix so it can say thier name and goofy nickname one more time, b/c Bob saying isnt enough, or loud EXPLOSIONS so they can act like MACHIneS (SO CLEVER :() but if they pay to get choreo, they are being ripped off
they just hit poses so the camera's can get the shots. why else would they hit the same one 12 times

Yes.

Agreed.

I watched with my GF and she commented most on the 'entertaining' routines .

Regardless, it's unfortunate for the hardcore fans of the sport that the posing has to take a back seat to entertainment value.

I cant stand that "feathered" bullshit, by far the WORST FUCKING WORD anyone can use to describe quad separation.... :banghead::banghead:

Don't get to bent out of shape by the whole "feathered" thing. It's a highly versatile word in Layne Nortons vocabulary. It helps describe his 20 year old haircut. His "natural" haircut. :D

Anyone see Branch's posing routine? I did not see it but I heard he used the theme music of a certain guru that I wont name. Any truth to that?

For those of you who really disliked the posing at the O, any examples of routines you DID like?

IMO there were a few...

From what I can remember, Hidetada and Dennis Wolf were the only ones who had an actual routine to their music. The rest of the bunch basically chose a song or two and went out there and starting hitting random poses synching to a beat here and there.

i went to vegas to see the show. got so trashed and stayed up all night then hit the expo. when the show time rolled around i didnt even want to get out of bed. lol waste of money. but had ton of fun.

I never watched the show until reading this thread so I took a gander to see... Jesuz, this sport, as is now, has 0 chance of marketing or growth.

They need to set a standard. An aspect of being a pro should be that you need a minimum of stage "savoir faire". The dramatic, war movie music was done by many was the same, guy after guy... zzzzz, zzz,zzzzz. I did not even watch the whole show, I would skip through parts. The conditioning of many of these guys was just off. Some watery looking backs...

How the hell with Gh, clen, tren, t3 and being a pro, can you not be ripped to shits?

These guys before given pro status need a good 4-5 routines to do so they can mix it up from show to show. The artists at local subway stations have to have a certain repertoire of music, so why should a pro not have a few stage shows in his back pocket? Nice to see Kai not actually posing.... Dexter really surprised me, but that dancing shit has got to stop.

Or maybe I just don't get the dancing as I'm a white guy, but pretty fly nontheless...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131