over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2013 Prep/Powered by Pro Pharma

Chest/biceps

Hit chest/biceps today. Was running a hair short on time at the end so I did it a little different to save time.

Hammer Strength Iso Wide Press
warmed up with one and two plates then three work sets:
3+35 x 8
3+10 x 10
2+35 x 11
So did the same weight as last time but added 2-3 reps

Flat DB Fly
40x8x8
I do these with a deep stretch and come up like hugging a tree and I don't touch the bells to keep tension on the pecs.

Neck Press
upped the weight 10lbs this time and did an 8x8 with 175

Biceps started with Hammer curls. Did one warm up set of 6 with 45s
and then 3 work sets:
70x9
60x11
50x12

This is where I started running out of time so instead an 8x8 I did 3 descending work sets on
Hammer Strength Preacher
80x11
70x9
45x12

Then I rest paused BB drag curls with 135 for 18 RP.

Seem to be hitting it hard mate!!

Will have to get some pics up to show your progression!!

Your bloody strong tho.

I've got a log so if you get chance pop by mate please. Im a beginner compared to you.

Thanks Jlizzle, I'm just doing the best I can. I'll check out your log bro.
I should have some pics up next week, or maybe later this week.

I overdid my carb load a little bit... I didn't base line until today(back down to 230lbs), and I would have liked to have base lined on Tue. So I'm going to back down a little bit this weekend. I should still lose a couple three lbs this week though.
Had today off from gym to get some sleep as I'm in the middle of my work stretch. I feel pretty good though, so if I've got any energy left in the AM I might just go do legs.

Thanks Jlizzle, I'm just doing the best I can. I'll check out your log bro.
I should have some pics up next week, or maybe later this week.

I overdid my carb load a little bit... I didn't base line until today(back down to 230lbs), and I would have liked to have base lined on Tue. So I'm going to back down a little bit this weekend. I should still lose a couple three lbs this week though.
Had today off from gym to get some sleep as I'm in the middle of my work stretch. I feel pretty good though, so if I've got any energy left in the AM I might just go do legs.

Keep us the good work buddy. Eye on the prize

PICS

a few crappy cell pics from this AM:

Anyone know how to embed photos?

Attachments

• IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 567
  • IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,602
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 669
Looks like you are heading the right directionmKeep it up

My back workouts are about to get a whole lot better!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360100546203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360100546203.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 525
2/1/2013

Lying leg curl:
three warmups then 90x8 3 sets

Seated Leg Curl
85lbs for an 8x8

Front squats:
Three warmups then 225x8 205x8 155x8 2sets

Hack Squat Sissy
2plates per side for 8
1+25 for 8 2 sets

hack squat(feet high and together)
1+25 4 sets of 8

leg extensions:
120 for 6 sets of 8

standing calf machine:
4 plates for a 21
4+ two 35's for 3 sets of 21's

2/2/2013

Tricep Pressdowns:
3 warmups then 220x10 200x12 180x13

CGBP:
300x7 265x9 225x9

OH DB extension:
70x8 2 sets
60x8 2 sets

Dip machine:
160 8x8

Standing Lateral raises:
35x8 6 sets

Wide Grip upright rows:
145x6 3 sets

2/3/2013

Close Grip Supinated Pulldown
3 warmups then 190x8 3 sets 175x8 160x8 145x8

Smith Machine BB Row:
225x8 4 sets
185x12
135x20

Swiss Bar Pulldown:
138x8 6 sets(2 wide, 2 middle, 2 close)

DB Row:
140x8 120x8

Close Grip Supinated cable row:
180x8
160x10

2/4/2013

Hammer Strength Iso Wide:
4 warmups
3+40x9 2+40x12 2+5x14

Flat Flys:
45 8x8

Neck Press:
180 8x8

Hammer Curls:
70x10 60x11 45x12

Hammer Strength Preacher Curls:
55x8 2 sets
45x8 2 sets

Great work brother!! I like that contraption you got definitely worth it!

Yeah man it's going to do 2 things for me. First I get REALLY bad golfers elbow doing any kind of chin/pulldown and alot of rowing exercises so this should fix a lot of that. I'm going to do pulldowns and seated rows with it.

Secondly I really feel like that close grip supinated postition hits the lats the best. You get the MOST stretch in that position. I'll do a few sets of wide grip pulldowns, lighter, to hit the upper back/rhomboids a little.

Yeah I agree that close grip is crucial. Oh man now I want to try that out! Where did you find it?

I found it watching a recent back training vid by John Meadows. The company that makes it is called Maximum Advantage Grip (MAG). They have their own site and elite fitness also sells them. Everyone was out though and I managed to find it on west side barbell. It was like 10 bux more though from them:( I got it anyway since I didn't know when it would be back in stock.

Good call.. I always get medial elbow pain, with close grip supinated pull downs..

Is it worth it, does it take pressure off the elbows?

Last edited:
Good call.. I always get medial elbow pain, with close grip supinated pull downs..

Is it worth it, does it take pressure off the elbows?

I haven't used it yet, I got it the day after a back workout lol. I'll let you know though.

OK so got a little off track with the log, but I did in fact train back last week with the mag grip. That thing is fucking awesome. It's hard to explain with words how it feels but it really just puts everything in the right place. I've never felt pulldowns in my lats so much in my life. It was also VERY good with seated rows. No grip problems, and most importantly no tendonitis pain.

Did legs on Saturday, short and sweet. Warmed up with seated leg curls up to 190 for 8, and did some hyper extenstions with bodyweight.
Next was squats up to 315x8, four sets total, and then I did three sets of 20 on the sled with 8, 10, and 12 plates.
Finished with standing calf raises. Did two warm ups then 4 plates on each side for 2 sets of 21's, and then one final set of 30(done like a 21 but with 10 reps).

Did Chest yesterday and some physio on my right shoulder. Warmed up with four sets of cable x-overs.
Moved on to Hammer Strength wide press and did 4 sets, ending with 4 plates per side for 8 reps.
Flat flys were next for another 4 sets up to 60x8.
Then I did neck presses, 135x15 185x12 and 2 sets of 225x10.

Alright guys, I fell off the wagon a bit. Just personal shit is getting heavy right now, the last couple weeks have been rough. My truck shit the bed totally and now we are down to one car so it's a real pita for both my wife and I to get to work and get the kids to and from school. Then this week my wife is having horrible abdominal pain and has been in and out of work going to see Drs and what not. So it's just been too stressful and chaotic for me to maintain any kind of a contest diet.

I've still been training 4-5 days per week, still hitting my gear, but my diet has fallen off the track a bit. Nothing horrible, I'm not eating mcdonalds or anything but I've just been eating with the family and getting what's easy. Sushi a few times a week, went out for burger once, stuff like that. basically upped my carb intake big time. My weight got as high as 241 yesterday morning. I cut carbs back a decent amount yesterday cause I know I gotta do something. Holding a decent amount of water still too, but with my finances being what they are trying to get a vehicle and paying for Dr. appts and what not I haven't had any extra money to get any nolva or anything. I've got some letro I've been holding for a while, so I'll save that untill I really need it, it will dry me out quick.

So I'm not sure I'm going to make the show in april... Big bummer for me but I don't know what I can do. I'm 7.5 weeks out time wise, and probably 10 weeks out or more body composition wise. My big plan has always been to do the Jr division at the State Championship in April, and then do the open at a smaller show in June. I'll see where I'm at the 1st of April and decide what I'm going to do with that show, but I'm not doing it unless I can feel I could get top 2 in the Jr's. I think I'm in a great place for the June show though so that's something.

Got the calipers out yesterday. Thickest part of my abs and low back is 10mm. Arms/legs are 3mm except my hammies which are about 5mm. They are kinda hard to pinch but I repeated it a few times and consistently got 5.

Yesterday I had oatmeal and a protein shake when I got up in the afternoon for work, and two chicken/asparagus meals at work. Weighed 236 today when I got up so I lost 5lbs in a day, lol.

On a good note, I've had some great training this week. Really great arm workout on Tue doing some supersets for bi's and tris and drop sets on delts. Monday I killed back and I'm really loving that MAG grip. Killer pump during the workout and Im feeling sore in my lats in places that don't usually get sore.

Sorry to hear of the troubles Tri. You know shit like this will pass and you'll grow from it. I believe there is something positive that can be taken away from every experience. You may not see it now, but in time you will.

Keep on keepin' on brother!

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75