over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2014 IFBB Pro Discussion Thread

pieguy

Registered
It amazes me how little we actually talk about bodybuilding/bodybuilders in this forum as of late so I thought I'd get a little bit of healthy discussion going. 2014 IFBB season, who is on the rise and who is on the way out? Try to keep it brief and a little more than just opinion based.

Cedric McMillan - If he upped the dose and concentrated on his prep with Aceto, easily could break top 5 in the Olympia and win the Arnold. Amazing symmetry, classic X-Frame, full muscle bellies that pop and he's currently working on upping his size. If he upped the dose, I could see him being a Mr. Olympia eventually.

Branch Warren - On the way out. Looked really beat up at the Olympia, didn't place well, constantly getting injured (oddly always non-bbing related) and getting older. Respectable career so nothing wrong with retiring.

Phil Heath - Mr Olympia 2014 unless he misses his peak

Victor Martinez - If he stays out of trouble and buckles down, I think he has the potential to make an Olympia top 10 comeback. Genetic freak of nature so anything is possible.

Steve Kuclo - This guy has the potential to break top 5 Olympia imo eventually. He is huge and although his conditioning has been off lately, if he gained 15 lbs and dialed it in, hard to beat. Amazing structure and symmetry for a non-black bber. Cutler had that huge waist, Dennis has high lats, Steve Kuclo is just all around balanced.

Big Ramy - I don't really know how to place Ramy. He has the size to beat any other pro, but his muscle bellies don't pop. His quads are huge but they lack separation and his waist is tiny, but he doesn't have that graininess or hardness expects. No doubt he's top 5 olympia material, but i'm not sure he'll ever win a Sandow.

Essa Obaid - Easily wins the "constantly shit on award." Always has amazing conditioning, good size, decent shape, just doesn't flow well unfortunately.

Lionel Beyeke - This guy has a history of shitty conditioning and this Olympia was better, but still not good enough. He has the shape/structure to be a top 5 Olympian imo, but we'll never see it if he can't come in dry.

Evan Centopani - One of my favorite bbers, but I can't really tell what the future holds for Evan. Huge frame, strong as shit, but I can't really figure out what he needs to place higher. It's pretty weird when you easily win pro shows, but can't break top 10 in the Mr. Olympia... Maybe he just needs to use the Jay tactic of outsizing and out conditioning the living shit out of everybody... ala 2010 Olympia. Then make his way to the hospital haha.

This is highly speculative and presumptuous. You think Cedric can just snap himself into being the bodybuilder everyone wants him to be? You think Kuclo can just add 15lbs? You think Evan can just catapult ahead of where he already is? Victor can get back into the top 6 or 7....not just 10. I think talking about stuff like this is pointless-especially so far ahead of contests considering we don't even know where else they'll have to compete first. I dont waste time postulating about this kind of stuff.

Phil and Kia and than everyone else. I can see Roelly Winklaar and Big Ramy moving up and Wolf and Rhoden around the top five.

This is highly speculative and presumptuous. You think Cedric can just snap himself into being the bodybuilder everyone wants him to be? You think Kuclo can just add 15lbs? You think Evan can just catapult ahead of where he already is? Victor can get back into the top 6 or 7....not just 10. I think talking about stuff like this is pointless-especially so far ahead of contests considering we don't even know where else they'll have to compete first. I dont waste time postulating about this kind of stuff.

Agree with your thoughts. I don't see Cedric making top easily...awesome build but easy top don't think so...and 15 lbs on kuclo considering he's been doing this as a teen that would be a lot of muscle to put on and how many pros wouldn't be competitive with another 15 lbs. Think Victor looks worn out his best days are long behind him imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

Victor has to some damage control, my own opinion .
I would think Heath will take it again ,Cuter needs to retire he has proven himself a real champion.

I don't think Cedric is young enough to live up to his potential right now

Whats the deal with Roelly and grandma? I heard they parted ways. Its kind of hard to be badass when youre associated with "grandma".

I would like to see Kuclo, Rhoden and Evan do well. Branch should retire but had a great run. I think Victor is a wild card but may have passed his prime.

And Phil Heath is awesome but it would be nice to see someone test him other than Kai. Kai is awesome as well.

Whats the deal with Roelly and grandma? I heard they parted ways. Its kind of hard to be badass when youre associated with "grandma".

I would like to see Kuclo, Rhoden and Evan do well. Branch should retire but had a great run. I think Victor is a wild card but may have passed his prime.

And Phil Heath is awesome but it would be nice to see someone test him other than Kai. Kai is awesome as well.

There's no way Victor can magically turn the clock back to 2007. I hope Roelly keeps doing well, always liked the guy for some reason

Hany will make sure Phill lives up to his genetics. He should take the O in 2014. If he comes off then Dennis and Kye could get him. But highly unlikely.The top 10 at the O now are just so incredible!!!!!

People don't realize Rhoden is 38 or 39. Time isn't exactly on his side.

Last edited:

Posts like this are why this forum is going down. This is just theoretical discussion on pro potential. Not a thread on the 2014 Olympia prediction. If you can't think outside the box and talk about who can do damage as their career goes on, or whose career is on the way out, don't participate.

I think Roelly will do better now that he's doing his own prep cause I don't think Grandma ever figured out what really works for him. Always came in off. If he found a prep that really dialed him in, he could definitely break top 5.

A few other guys that I wonder about that always get a lot of coverage are the MHP guys.

Juan Morel - This guy has really consistent conditioning and he knows to win, he's gonna need some more size, especially when you consider he's 5'11". Dennis wolf competes around 275 at 6'0" so I imagine Juan comes in shredded around 240 right now. Still young so definite potential.

John Delarosa - At 5'7", he falls into that really weird zone where you're too tall for 212, but you get outsized by the taller guys. He's already at 280 this offseason so I bet next year he'll compete at around 235-240, which is huge at 5'7". Not sure if he'll ever be top 5 olympia with all the talent that'll be competing over the next 5 years.

Akim Williams - This guy is fking strong. Insane muscle density and overall solid, but needs to bring up his legs a tad more. Huge arms. High lats like Wolf unfortunately, but he's thick enough to probably hold his own in pro shows already. Definitely top 5 Olympia potential. (not really MHP but trains with them a lot)

Posts like this are why this forum is going down. This is just theoretical discussion on pro potential. Not a thread on the 2014 Olympia prediction. If you can't think outside the box and talk about who can do damage as their career goes on, or whose career is on the way out, don't participate.

I think Roelly will do better now that he's doing his own prep cause I don't think Grandma ever figured out what really works for him. Always came in off. If he found a prep that really dialed him in, he could definitely break top 5.

:naughty::rolleyes:
Did you not see him at the Olympia? He could win any pro show in that shape save for the Arnold where I don't think he can beat someone like Wolf.:lightbulb:

Last edited:
:naughty::rolleyes:
Did you not see him at the Olympia? He could win any pro show in that shape save for the Arnold where I don't think he can beat someone like Wolf.:lightbulb:

I did see him at the olympia, and that is after he dropped grandma and moved back with his family who does his prep. He's still not in great condition, but he's much better.

Winning the Arnold doesn't really mean much at this point. Your success at the Arnold is based off of every top pro's decision to not compete. If all the top 5 sit it out again, there's not much prestige in arguing you beat 6-10 and teh rest of the pro show placing IFBB's. Even a lot of the non-top 10 guys sit it out because peaking that early in the season kills your chances at Olympia.

At the Arnold this year, if history repeats itself, Dennis Wolf wins (he already said he's competing), you go up against only Fouad, Pakulski, Freeman, JoJ and maybe Cedric as far as real top pros.

Last edited:
I would like to see Wolf and Roelly do better in the future and I think they both have it in them to do so. Cedric has looked incredible and I understand why guys go on about him but I don't think he will do any better than his best so far. I would like to see Kai win the O but I can't see it happening.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws