over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2020 Mr O

Also starting to like Iain Vallierre, who was 7th. If Dexter is out and if Phil retires, that's two spots to move up to top 5 if he wants it. He looked really good. I gotta say this looked like a good Olympia, dudes brought it

Also starting to like Iain Vallierre, who was 7th. If Dexter is out and if Phil retires, that's two spots to move up to top 5 if he wants it. He looked really good. I gotta say this looked like a good Olympia, dudes brought it

dexter jackson got 9th...

also there were a number of bodybuilders who weren't there who are arguably better than Iain... like Roelly, and Rafael Brandao, Shawn Rhoden....Charles Griffin...Kuclo.. De asha. Cedric

so there's that.

Iain doesn't really have a very complete physique

Fakhri posted this pic of Ronnie the G.O.A.T.

Imagine big Ramy with this conditioning and separation.
20201223_201214.jpg

Not enchanced/photo shop pic 20201223_202646.jpg

I still havent seen anything come along in this sport that could stand next to Ronnie Coleman in those European Grand Prix shows early mid 2000's.....he was 303 onstage.

Attachments

• 1ad6f215987d9bb52c946fc2761edac0.jpg
    1ad6f215987d9bb52c946fc2761edac0.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 77
  • rcole1.png
    rcole1.png
    384.6 KB · Views: 81
  • rcole2.png
    rcole2.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 78
  • rcole4.png
    rcole4.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 78
  • rcole5.png
    rcole5.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 71
I went to the show both nights.

Was insane to see Ramy walk out in prejudging. In the end I would have called the top 5 like this:

1. Ramy
2. Hadi
3. Bonac/Curry
4. Bonac/Curry
5. Phil

Bonac has better legs, but Curry's structure and flow is just so pretty to look at. However, I think I'd have placed Bonac 3rd. Phil's BDB is still insanely good, his only issue was the gut control in front and side poses, was not pretty look at during his transitions.

Terrance's posing routine was beautiful and flat out art work. Chris improved his back drastically; when they turned around at pre-judging, I knew he had the repeat in the bag.

I still havent seen anything come along in this sport that could stand next to Ronnie Coleman in those European Grand Prix shows early mid 2000's.....he was 303 onstage.
Man the conditioning is just so different when ronnie and dorian was in the game. Its funny cause I was watching a video where dorian, ronnie, shawn all said that none of those guys in the olympia now would not even place in the top 10 back then when they were competing, with the exception of dexter. I wonder what did they do back then conditioning wise compared to now. The guys now just don't seem to condition.

dexter jackson got 9th...

also there were a number of bodybuilders who weren't there who are arguably better than Iain... like Roelly, and Rafael Brandao, Shawn Rhoden....Charles Griffin...Kuclo.. De asha. Cedric

Well, I think he has never qualified for Olympia, I wouldn't put him on the same list as the rest of those names.

Iain doesn't really have a very complete physique

Agree, his triceps are too bad.

Iain is missing a back and calves

Charles Griffen placed higher than Iain at the 2018 Mr. olympia

His back has progressed, my main problem with him are his arms and abdomen, was absolutely horrible at the Olympia.

2018-2020, it seems that in this period Ian has progressed more, especially this last year in which Griffen has not competed, he is a freak but the judges do not seem to love his look. His abdomen stinks too and the way he hits the FDB hurts him

Man the conditioning is just so different when ronnie and dorian was in the game. Its funny cause I was watching a video where dorian, ronnie, shawn all said that none of those guys in the olympia now would not even place in the top 10 back then when they were competing, with the exception of dexter. I wonder what did they do back then conditioning wise compared to now. The guys now just don't seem to condition.

The argument from every modern competitor is that the standard has changed and the requirement to be full is more important than to be grainy. Some will also say that the video and picture quality wasn't as good back then so it made everyone look better, which of course makes no sense. We've talked about it quite a bit on here and I think most agree that the use of certain things and eleventh hour tactics is spoiling their look.

It's also worth noting that Instagram and photographers are completely misrepresenting the sport. The stills going around online have been touched up so much. Also, leading up to a show, all the progress pics have everyone looking like cartoon characters, but watching the footage shows something completely different. The reaction of all of us being "he looked so much better yesterday, what happened?"

I'll put this here, Fouad Abiad interviewing Chad Nichols about Big Ramy

Chad literally didn't say 'literally' until 4:26 bullshit interview

couple really good takeaways from that the interview.

1. he suffered, dieting should suck
2. nothing was done after they hit the 2 week out period all the depleting and loading was done. nothing changed going into the show, they cruised in. the prime reason we see guys post amazing pictures four weeks out on social media and show up looking nothing like their pictures

I still shake me head in disbelief of the conditioning these days of the open bbers. The classic guys and 212 guys can nail it and look awesome. Fuck the god damn physique guys are even peeled. How come no one looks grainy dry and full. Phil looked like shit never should have placed top ten. And besides the conditioning rant, bloated guts, calves seem non existent these days even in the best guys. I like Ramys build the guy is a beast and was the best up there but his conditioning still sucks. I'm a big Roelly fan but he never gets it right either.

Sounds like about what I expected, deplete the absolute shit out of him, then just gradually start feeding him a few more whole foods and carbs and let him fill out on his own. I imagine that reduces stress levels as well resulting in less water held than trying to fuck with loading

I like how he brought up ronnie when talking about dedication and consistency. The kings of bodybuilding always seem to be the kings of consistency. Imagine that. Both Ronnie and Ramy have no problem doing the exact same thing day in, day out. Keep that in mind the next time you think they can do anything because they're genetic freaks

I still shake me head in disbelief of the conditioning these days of the open bbers. The classic guys and 212 guys can nail it and look awesome. Fuck the god damn physique guys are even peeled. How come no one looks grainy dry and full. Phil looked like shit never should have placed top ten. And besides the conditioning rant, bloated guts, calves seem non existent these days even in the best guys. I like Ramys build the guy is a beast and was the best up there but his conditioning still sucks. I'm a big Roelly fan but he never gets it right either.

I think there are two reasons for this:

1. The talent pool of the 90s early 2000s was insane and there was only one division. If you weren't the absolute best, you weren't turning pro. We always point to the '91 Nationals when this comes up. You could rearrange the top four in any order; Levrone, Wheeler, DeMayo, and Coleman and no one would complain. More divisions equals more room and opportunity, so it begs the questions: could todays guys have turned pro 25 years ago? And also, if the guys in 212, classic, and physique pushed their bodies to the limit to compete in the open, would they be able to get into the condition we're talking about? For all we know, one of them may have the ability to walk onstage at 290 and look like Ronnie '03, but he simply has no interest in going down that road.

2. Unless you have the alien genetics of a Coleman, I think there is a point where you get so big you can't get into the condition you could if you were smaller and this threshold is completely individual.

I think we forget just how massive Ronnie was!! 😳😳

I don't appreciate the fact that dirt bagg Chad Nichols is taking credit for Ramys win. And I hope we don't ever see Phil Heath making his stupid faces while posing ever again.
Needless to say I'm not a fan of modern day BB

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity