over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2020 Mr O

I still shake me head in disbelief of the conditioning these days of the open bbers. The classic guys and 212 guys can nail it and look awesome. Fuck the god damn physique guys are even peeled. How come no one looks grainy dry and full. Phil looked like shit never should have placed top ten. And besides the conditioning rant, bloated guts, calves seem non existent these days even in the best guys. I like Ramys build the guy is a beast and was the best up there but his conditioning still sucks. I'm a big Roelly fan but he never gets it right either.
In what way did his conditioning suck? Also who all had a gut besides Phil? Who had shit calves? Ramy doesn’t at all.

And also, if the guys in 212, classic, and physique pushed their bodies to the limit to compete in the open, would they be able to get into the condition we're talking about?

No, almost everyone loses the condition by getting bigger, fuller or coming out with more weight. Even George Peterson suffered a loss in his conditioning in this Olympia compared to the previous one when he was classic, and he is still limited to the scale. If he was competing open, he would still look worse in this regard.

No, almost everyone loses the condition by getting bigger, fuller or coming out with more weight. Even George Peterson suffered a loss in his conditioning in this Olympia compared to the previous one when he was classic, and he is still limited to the scale. If he was competing open, he would still look worse in this regard.

You missed the point, so I'll put it another way. Right now there could be a guy in the world with the most incredible potential who doesn't know it because lifting weights isn't his thing.

I know Nick isn't everyone's fav, but it was in my feed, so...anyone see the hero's return Ramy got? This dude is a rock star now. That's awesome

There's a point I heard John Meadows that's worth mentioning here

Guys today don't necessarily just have a conditioning problem; they are so damn big that some of those lines and separations get lost as a result

The detail that smaller guys have often times is hard to replicate when you are 50+ lbs bigger on stage. And a portion of these guys ARE lean

Ronnie was the only crack in mother nature who could keep that detail, and conditioning while carrying that kind of size

All conjecture but worth thinking about

There's a point I heard John Meadows that's worth mentioning here

Guys today don't necessarily just have a conditioning problem; they are so damn big that some of those lines and separations get lost as a result

The detail that smaller guys have often times is hard to replicate when you are 50+ lbs bigger on stage. And a portion of these guys ARE lean

Ronnie was the only crack in mother nature who could keep that detail, and conditioning while carrying that kind of size

All conjecture but worth thinking about

That's what I was getting at. There comes a point where someone gets so big they simply don't look as separated. Guys weighing 185 at 6% look more separated than guys weighing 285 at 4%. It's going to be individual how far someone can take it before they get blurred. Ramy and Coleman are a perfect comparison. Both weighed roughly 290, both had the same coach, the coach used a similar protocol, and Ramy did not look like '03 Coleman.

That's what I was getting at. There comes a point where someone gets so big they simply don't look as separated. Guys weighing 185 at 6% look more separated than guys weighing 285 at 4%. It's going to be individual how far someone can take it before they get blurred. Ramy and Coleman are a perfect comparison. Both weighed roughly 290, both had the same coach, the coach used a similar protocol, and Ramy did not look like '03 Coleman.

Nobody will for a long time; the combination of grit and talent required there is just not going to happen anytime soon

The stories of Ronnie are all in line with why he became who he became:

-Never cheating on his diet according to Chad Nichols
- Jay Cutler talking about getting off a plane after a 18 hr flight, and watching Ronnie load 600 lbs on the squat to train legs late at night, and would stay up till 4 am to write back to all his fans
- Kevin Levrone talking about Ronnie coming last in those European shows, and still paying for transport from his own pocket while carrying little boxes of his food to eat while he travelled

There probably have been guys who did have the talent to match him, but the other piece wasn't there

doubtful, IMO

Paul Dillet, Flex Wheeler, Chris Cormier

Two of these guys got second and third to the man; one was notorious on being inconsistent with his diet, the other spent half the night partying and still came in to destroy half the competition

Paul Dillet; I don't have to explain

Just 3 competitive ones I can name off the top of my head; You also had guys like Victor Richards who never competed and just liked being huge

Paul Dillet, Flex Wheeler, Chris Cormier

Two of these guys got second and third to the man; one was notorious on being inconsistent with his diet, the other spent half the night partying and still came in to destroy half the competition

Paul Dillet; I don't have to explain

Just 3 competitive ones I can name off the top of my head; You also had guys like Victor Richards who never competed and just liked being huge

Victor Richards perhaps..

just because someone came 2nd behind Ronnie doesnt mean there wasn't a lightyear between them

Flex did not have the structure to pack the size necessary to be dominant, Cormier could have won a Olympia title, more or less like Dexter, but only taking advantage of a bad year of the reigning champion.

Dillet just needed a brain transplant, put the Yates mindset on him and then, he would have been invincible.

Victor Richards looked massive in the off season, but that doesn't mean much, there are many guys who are Mister Olympia in the pictures at the gym... weeks or days before going on stage. Remember Dennis James.

Genetics wasn't the only thing that created that lightyear difference either

Thing is, we just don't know. Brandon Curry wasn't someone on the radar when he started competing. Who thought Shaun Clarida would win the 212 Olympia?

I'm the guy that supports the idea of genetics more than anyone else in this sport, but I'll give credence to work ethic where it's due

Flex did not have the structure to pack the size necessary to be dominant, Cormier could have won a Olympia title, more or less like Dexter, but only taking advantage of a bad year of the reigning champion.

Dillet just needed a brain transplant, put the Yates mindset on him and then, he would have been invincible.

Victor Richards looked massive in the off season, but that doesn't mean much, there are many guys who are Mister Olympia in the pictures at the gym... weeks or days before going on stage. Remember Dennis James.

LOL

Genetics wasn't the only thing that created that lightyear difference either

Thing is, we just don't know. Brandon Curry wasn't someone on the radar when he started competing. Who thought Shaun Clarida would win the 212 Olympia?

I'm the guy that supports the idea of genetics more than anyone else in this sport, but I'll give credence to work ethic where it's due

Hadi Choopan, Flex Lewis, and Jose Raymond weren't there..

in the same way that Father Time beat Phil Heath for Brandon, and the "justice" system is trying to do the same to Rhoden

it's easy to win when the best guys don't show up, or age out

Disagree about Curry, when he won the USA, clearly can we saw he was as superior genetics and insane potential, it just took him many years to push things through. The same with Cedric, who has never pushed enough and therefore has never been an Olympia contender.

Clarida is a crazy thing, really, of course, no one would say that she could be a champion, due to her short stature and light weight. He would never beat Flex or Hadi, but he has beaten guys like Lumsford (who is likely to compete nex yetar in the open at 230 pounds or more). He has also surpassed Peterson, Kamal or Ahmad, those guys are not a joke.

Hadi Choopan, Flex Lewis, and Jose Raymond weren't there..

in the same way that Father Time beat Phil Heath for Brandon, and the "justice" system is trying to do the same to Rhoden

it's easy to win when the best guys don't show up, or age out

I'll give the guy credit regardless; not his fault who did or didn't show up

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner