advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2021 Contra Costa - Anyone Competing/Going?

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just curious if anyone from the board is competing at this years Contra Costa on June 5th?

2021ContraCosta02—Scoial1080x1080px.jpg

This used to be a great show years back, not sure how it has been the last many years though.

Reactions: Bio
I haven't been to it for at least 10 to 12 years. The last one I went to is when they had all the new/different classes. I remember it was 11pm and they were just bringing out the Men's Lightweight Open class. I was too tired, I had been there all day so I left. Hopefully it's much more streamlined now. It used to be a real solid national qualifying show. Hopefully it still is!

That show lost it's mojo I would say 8-10 years ago. I went about 4 years ago to see how people look I think bodybuilding had about 3 people per class but bikini was going until 11pm lol.

Chris Minnes has done a great job taking over the west coast with his shows. Between him and spectrum they run the north and musclecontest runs the south.

I might check it out now that I'm back in the Bay Area. I haven't been to a bodybuilding show in years.

I was just checking out ticket prices and holy F@#K! Like I said, it's been a long time since I've been to a show. Do they always split up the Men's and Women's into separate tickets now? They are for this show and it's $50 each!! Men's division starts at 9am and Women's division starts at 1pm.

https://www.muscleware.com/tickets.php?c=2021-CTRA-CSTA

I think they are just desperate for money lol. I'll be at the Cal Pro this weekend and then the sac show in 2 weeks. Spectrum and Center Podium really have taken over the northern area

I was just checking out ticket prices and holy F@#K! Like I said, it's been a long time since I've been to a show. Do they always split up the Men's and Women's into separate tickets now? They are for this show and it's $50 each!! Men's division starts at 9am and Women's division starts at 1pm.

That's a bargain - we were looking at going to the Kuclo Classic this weekend but general admission tickets are $71.50 EACH and it's separate tickets for men and women. For VIP it's $101.50, though they are doing a bundle of $121.50 for GA and $151.50 for VIP. But there's also a 3% service fee on each ticket!

I have a problem spending that much on tickets for an amateur show with no expo or other components to it. For a fraction of that we can spend Saturday morning enjoying a great brunch and picking up some cool stuff at the farmer's market.

That's a bargain - we were looking at going to the Kuclo Classic this weekend but general admission tickets are $71.50 EACH and it's separate tickets for men and women. For VIP it's $101.50, though they are doing a bundle of $121.50 for GA and $151.50 for VIP. But there's also a 3% service fee on each ticket!

I have a problem spending that much on tickets for an amateur show with no expo or other components to it. For a fraction of that we can spend Saturday morning enjoying a great brunch and picking up some cool stuff at the farmer's market.
and then how much do the contestants have to pay to enter? What is the prize money like, I dont think its very high if any? It must cost a lot to rent out the venues. Wondering if the rental price has gone down since covid hit. Im going to guess that occupancy is limited too and nowhere near capacity?

and then how much do the contestants have to pay to enter? What is the prize money like, I dont think its very high if any? It must cost a lot to rent out the venues. Wondering if the rental price has gone down since covid hit. Im going to guess that occupancy is limited too and nowhere near capacity?
No clue on your other questions but this is Texas, occupancy / capacity isn't limited at 99% of places including this show.

No clue on your other questions but this is Texas, occupancy / capacity isn't limited at 99% of places including this show.
oh yes, forgot where you live. I was thinking you are in California.

The Contra Costa show is in Union City, California. Alameda County was in the orange tier of restrictions the last I read. It might move to the yellow tier by June 5th.

Orange is supposed to mean indoor venues are limited to 25% capacity or 25 people total, whichever is fewer. Those numbers go to 50% capacity or 50 people for the yellow tier. I don't know how that could be enforced for an event like this. 50 people max at a bodybuilding show?

California is eliminating all restrictions on June 15th, so these restrictions seem silly at this point.

The Contra Costa show is in Union City, California. Alameda County was in the orange tier of restrictions the last I read. It might move to the yellow tier by June 5th.

Orange is supposed to mean indoor venues are limited to 25% capacity or 25 people total, whichever is fewer. Those numbers go to 50% capacity or 50 people for the yellow tier. I don't know how that could be enforced for an event like this. 50 people max at a bodybuilding show?

California is eliminating all restrictions on June 15th, so these restrictions seem silly at this point.

I hadn't taken the limited capacity into consideration. Good point!

Entry fee is $120 and late entry fees after June 1st are $170.

https://www.musclesportproductions.com/contra-costa

I feel like that old guy..."Back in my day..." Hahaha!

I believe that has to do with the pandemic going on. After the men they shut down and clean/disenfect everything then next audiance enter. Also limited occupancy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131