over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2021 Press Conference

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
What did everyone think?

I kind of hate the new format, I used to like having them all on stage at once. There was often funny shit away from the talking too.

I caught a few clips. It's so awful how staged it is with trying to push rivalries to entertain the audience. I mean, these guys aren't good actors. And I don't know how Cicherillo still has a job. He's been terrible for 20 years. 😄

Nick pretty dang confident. i wouldnt go that route on first mr o appearance
liking Labrada's chill manner
dayum the wellness chicks r stacked :love:
that Lauriala delegados (however us spell it) is GORGEOUS.

i feel like these guys nowadays r getting their suits WAY more tailored to fit.
i rember seeing ronnie and markus rhul in suits they looked ridiculous.
Big Ramy looking pretty dapper!
Brandon Curry too!

i feel like these guys nowadays r getting their suits WAY more tailored to fit.
i rember seeing ronnie and markus rhul in suits they looked ridiculous.
Big Ramy looking pretty dapper!
Brandon Curry too!

Absolutely. The 2001 press conference is on YouTube and they all look so stupid.

Nick pretty dang confident. i wouldnt go that route on first mr o appearance
liking Labrada's chill manner
dayum the wellness chicks r stacked :love:
that Lauriala delegados (however us spell it) is GORGEOUS.
He did it for the Arnold and it worked out well.

The extreme humbleness of bodybuilders is part of why the sport is boring to casual fans and the mainstream. 'I'm just going to bring my best', 'I'm just going to focus on myself', 'it's up to the judges' - ugh, that shit sucks. Have some fucking confidence and make things exciting.

Individual endeavors like UFC, boxing, pro wrestling, etc., are successful because certain people become stars through their words and actions - Connor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, Tyson Fury, etc. Bodybuilding refuses to accept that and it's part of why its popularity is stuck where it is.

The extreme humbleness of bodybuilders is part of why the sport is boring to casual fans and the mainstream. 'I'm just going to bring my best', 'I'm just going to focus on myself', 'it's up to the judges' - ugh, that shit sucks. Have some fucking confidence and make things exciting.

Individual endeavors like UFC, boxing, pro wrestling, etc., are successful because certain people become stars through their words and actions - Connor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, Tyson Fury, etc. Bodybuilding refuses to accept that and it's part of why its popularity is stuck where it is.
and the drugs and the deaths.... those things prob deter the most
but yeah i get what ya mean.

I've been following bodybuilding since '03. They've tried all that. In '05 they framed the narrative like UFC and called them combatants. A few years later they tried to be like the NFL and have a fantasy league type thing for people to win money by picking placings. In today's press conference they tried to make it like boxing with confrontations and even the ringing of the bell. You know why none of this works? Because the "competition" is guys in speedos flexing their muscles as hard as they can hoping they don't rip a fart in the process. It is totally laughable to hear them say things like "I'm here to do battle" when they're getting spray tans and pedicures before the show. It's a pageant and the others are sports that involve physical competition with objective results.

Because the "competition" is guys in speedos flexing their muscles as hard as they can hoping they don't rip a fart in the process.

Not too far off from WWE and they made a killing.

Yeah no one wants to be in the press conference for an hour.. 15 min and leave

It was clunky and the "match ups" could be refined but I think the format could work well with a bit of planning and practice

Well, I know Ali was super cool when it came to using his mouth ... but everyone else, give me a break. It's pathetic shit that I'm not buying.

Ronnie was great too, Ray or Priest, so was Titus. But they were charismatic personalities, not overstated roles.

But Phil Vs Kai was pretty embarrassing.

This is like the art of posing, you either have it or you don't.

I also don't want bodybuilding to turn into something like UFC or WWE or whatever, that's why I don't follow those other sports / shows.

Titus Vs Kamali, that if he was epic, a real criminal and a delusional guy who thought he was better than he was.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131