over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2023 Masters Olympia Roster Revealed

This is actually a pretty solid lineup
A lot of these guys are still competing.

It’s gonna be good.

I think 40 is ok IF IF IF you add the stipulation that they have not competed in a show for a period of, 2 maybe 3 years, essentially you have to be over 40 and actually retired. Otherwise I like 45 and up better in theory.

Hide takes it, good to see him still kicking around
Yes Hide takes the 212 class, open class goes on Sunday.

Hide looked great from the front, but damn his back has really regressed.

Yes Hide takes the 212 class, open class goes on Sunday.

Hide looked great from the front, but damn his back has really regressed.
thanks, I should have clarified Hide was in the 212. As far as the open goes, from a personal fan standpoint, I really hope Josh Lenartowicz can get the W, but I think Biggie, Maxx, and Kamal could all be in the mix.

I wondered if Kai, Or Dexter maybe think about jumping here, but I don't know if the Masters Olympia is kind of viewed as "lesser than" given their stature as competitors. I honestly don't know how these guys view it, I realize the purse is fairly small, but for *some* guys it is hard to stay away.

I wondered if Kai, Or Dexter maybe think about jumping here, but I don't know if the Masters Olympia is kind of viewed as "lesser than" given their stature as competitors. I honestly don't know how these guys view it, I realize the purse is fairly small, but for *some* guys it is hard to stay away.
I think the most you’ll see out of those guys is “maybe” Jay deciding to guest pose. Lol

But we can’t forget about David Henry in the open as well. But there’s some solid guys in the line up and Kamal will bring his best.

Edit to my above post- didn’t realize Henry competed in 212. I think he looked better than Hidetada, but guess the judges thought otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_3035.jpeg
    IMG_3035.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 41
Edit to my above post- didn’t realize Henry competed in 212. I think he looked better than Hidetada, but guess the judges thought otherwise.
I have always thought David looked better than Hide and Jose Raymond, yet he NEVER was placed above them. I am not an IFBB judge, obviously, but damn, that is one the rarer scenarios where I think to myself what the fuck are they looking at? Jose and Hide's physiques were never aesthetic. Honestly, Flex Lewis was probably the only semi-recent 212 guys that ever looked awesome from a size, conditioning, and aesthetic standpoint (not counting Derek), Maybe Ahmad Ashkanani?

I have always thought David looked better than Hide and Jose Raymond, yet he NEVER was placed above them. I am not an IFBB judge, obviously, but damn, that is one the rarer scenarios where I think to myself what the fuck are they looking at? Jose and Hide's physiques were never aesthetic. Honestly, Flex Lewis was probably the only semi-recent 212 guys that ever looked awesome from a size, conditioning, and aesthetic standpoint (not counting Derek), Maybe Ahmad Ashkanani?
Yeah I’m not a judge, but IMO as I said in my thread “why guys aren’t competing” there are politics. And this is why guys aren’t. It’s sad. David Henry is the OG Giant killer. And Hide looks amazing for his age, but he disappeared when he turned around for his back poses.

David still actively competes. Hide came out of retirement- made for a better story I suppose. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 51
Yeah I’m not a judge, but IMO as I said in my thread “why guys aren’t competing” there are politics. And this is why guys aren’t. It’s sad. David Henry is the OG Giant killer. And Hide looks amazing for his age, but he disappeared when he turned around for his back poses.

David still actively competes. Hide came out of retirement- made for a better story I suppose. Lol
Im actually confused a bit. And maybe just I haven’t seen them hit alll the poses, but I don’t think Hide looks better than Henry at all. Better from that back shot and the most muscular.

Hide's back shot does not look near as good as the other guys in those pictures. Was this the case with all photos, or was it just a weird shot in 1?

Figured i'd ask....

Yes Hide lost from the rear, he was soft from the rear and his back has atrophied pretty badly. He does however have the best shape and is the most conditioned from the front. You can really tell it in the ab and thigh pose. Dave Henry needed to be a little leaner and his lower abdominal wall was protruding pretty badly (look at his ab and thigh shot and front lat spread) I don't know what's going on with that.

what is crazy is that the master's Olympia criteria was 40 years of age...Shawn Rhoden won his first Olympia at 43 (and could have potentially won at least one more may he RIP) and Andrew is already 39 heading into the '23 Olympia, Dexter won the Arnold at the age of 44meanwhile, we look at these "Masters" guys as "washed" and atrophied.

it's like on the one hand bodybuilding is a young man's game, on the other hand, its an old man's game lol, amiright?

I am no longer in Cbus. I lived there 2010 through 2013. I trained at Metro Worthington. Mike trained many clients there multiple days a week. I am born and raised in Dayton, so living there was special. It is in a way the "epicenter" of bodybuilding.

Chatted with Mike pretty much weekly there. John Meadows (may he RIP) also would frequent the gym and he was also amazing. The cool part is I was / and am lifetime natty so I always felt a bit awkward talking with them because I was not in "their world". but they did not care or talk to me differently about diet. training etc... because of that fact.

It is ironic that you say that about his calves, it is / was what everyone would always notice... how are they so big and shredded lol.

Also, year I remember Brian, and also Seth Shaw Big Slank. I hate that he has stepped back from BB from a fan perspective because I love his physique, but also I completely love and respect that he did at the same time since it was taking a health toll for him.

There were also some other guys that trained there...Travis Branstetter and a guy named Mark (cannot remember the last name) that had an insane physiqueI

If that’s you in your avatar, you shouldn’t ever feel out of place in the BB world. If you’re still natty that’s incredible - even if you are on trt it’s an outstanding physique that you can be proud of.

what is crazy is that the master's Olympia criteria was 40 years of age...Shawn Rhoden won his first Olympia at 43 (and could have potentially won at least one more may he RIP) and Andrew is already 39 heading into the '23 Olympia, Dexter won the Arnold at the age of 44meanwhile, we look at these "Masters" guys as "washed" and atrophied.

it's like on the one hand bodybuilding is a young man's game, on the other hand, its an old man's game lol, amiright?
I’ve always wondered just how far Haney could have pushed it. I am very glad that he didn’t damage his health and I am sure he doesn’t regret getting out when he did. I just think that if he was as impressive as he was at only 31 - wow. People say that Dorian was there to usher in a new era, but do we really not think Haney could have added 20-30 more pounds of muscle? I don’t look at Ronnie as the example of what would happen. Ronnie’s training hurt him and I truly believe that he could have been just as impressive physique wise without the intense damage he did.
It’s all just supposition and I am in no way critical of anyone’s decisions. I just wonder how many more Olympias Haney could have won. Maybe Dorian beats him in 92, maybe Haney does a Ronnie circa 97-98 transformation. Maybe they battle back and forth. It’s crazy to realize that Haney is only about 4 years older than Ronnie.
Don’t mean to totally derail the thread. To get it back on track - yes I think it’s become as much an old man’s game as it is a young. I will be 53 soon and I wil be in as good shape as I was competing 25+ years ago. Look at that freak in this thread B-Boy! That cat will look jacked in his 90’s.

I’ve always wondered just how far Haney could have pushed it. I am very glad that he didn’t damage his health and I am sure he doesn’t regret getting out when he did. I just think that if he was as impressive as he was at only 31 - wow. People say that Dorian was there to usher in a new era, but do we really not think Haney could have added 20-30 more pounds of muscle? I don’t look at Ronnie as the example of what would happen. Ronnie’s training hurt him and I truly believe that he could have been just as impressive physique wise without the intense damage he did.
It’s all just supposition and I am in no way critical of anyone’s decisions. I just wonder how many more Olympias Haney could have won. Maybe Dorian beats him in 92, maybe Haney does a Ronnie circa 97-98 transformation. Maybe they battle back and forth. It’s crazy to realize that Haney is only about 4 years older than Ronnie.
Don’t mean to totally derail the thread. To get it back on track - yes I think it’s become as much an old man’s game as it is a young. I will be 53 soon and I wil be in as good shape as I was competing 25+ years ago. Look at that freak in this thread B-Boy! That cat will look jacked in his 90’s.
I can tell you from living in GA and talking with Lee so many times he does not regret getting out when he did. Not that he’s ever shared with me and I’ve asked. All he’s said is “I wish I would have known it would go by so fast.” And that is absolutely true.

But Lee vs Dorian was like Apollo Creed vs Rocky. Both were legendary, but nobody was as hungry and willing to do what Dorian was during that era.

That Kamal el-garni guy looked fantastic, and he’s 51😱.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131